Thread: **APRIL FOOLS' JOKE** Breaking news! Laura goes back to her roots!

**APRIL FOOLS' JOKE** Breaking news! Laura goes back to her roots!

LONDON, UK – April 2010 – Lara GOING BACK TO HER ROOTS – FORUM EXCLUSIVE NEWS

We’re adding a new and immersive dimension to gamer democratization with Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light. We want to bring empowerment to players by allowing them to dynamically make-over the tones of Laura's hair from traditional brunette to killer blonde as we look to move into a new space while breaking down barriers and challenging accepted convention. During a deep-dive mindshare we asked 'what would Laura do?' And we concluded..... ‘she would do blonde’. We wanted to leverage that connection with Laura and take her back to her roots - only this time her roots are butterscotch blonde.

(click image to enlarge)
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

april fools' day

LOL

Happy april fools day

Just blonde? Or can we sort of pick any color for her hair haha. That would be fun.

Throw in customizable outfits, too haha. That would be cool.

Big Grin

Blonde Lara:

(Even if it's just her roots. )

Deadly traps:

Love the new screen! Happy April Fool's Day everyone!
    signature image

@ Love2Raid
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

lol Love2raid = win

i wonder if they wil make a cheat to unlock when you complete the game you can have blonde lara that would be super win!
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Finally I could put those pics that I found the other day to good use, they are brilliant! (especially the dog one)
    signature image

Wait, what?

CUSTOMIZATION?

I'm sorry, but I have PWI for that.
    Villa, villa.

but the screenshot is coool.

I have got a friend who looks like Laura Croft, but she's blonde!
    *sends link to her*
    I actually believed this and only relised when I read through and saw Laura the second time. I'm going to go crawel into the cave of shame now. *wanders away*

*runs back* OMG! Look at the thread list! The name! *looks at posts* I'm scared, what's happening!
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

Quote Originally Posted by Raider126 View Post
    I have got a friend who looks like Laura Croft, but she's blonde!
    *sends link to her*
    I actually believed this and only relised when I read through and saw Laura the second time. I'm going to go crawel into the cave of shame now. *wanders away*

*runs back* OMG! Look at the thread list! The name! *looks at posts* I'm scared, what's happening!
    I love Lara I am waiting impatiently! Well ... I'm still waiting, but please, or can I find a forum on Fear Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    lol Love2raid = win

i wonder if they wil make a cheat to unlock when you complete the game you can have blonde Laura that would be super win!
    See, even Laura wants some of the Valentine Machine...

P.S. I hate the name 'Laura' cause it makes it sound posh and me no likey posh people!:P

Aww damn, I've missed the April Fools joke when it actually mattered!

I tried to keep safe 'till after noon so no one could play a trick on me... it's kinda an unwritten rule that in some countries you can't play an April's fools joke on somebody after noon; if you do we're all able to call the prankster a "fool" for the rest of the day. ^.^;

Classic April fools joke. Love Love2Raid's pics. I want Laura to go back to her roots but certainlly not in that way.

Lol They even changed it to type Laura when we type Lara. Yes I am aware that both mentions will appear as Laura.

I don't get this joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Natla View Post
    I don't get this joke.
    April fools.
    Villa, villa.

I realise it's an April Fools, but what's the problem with a blonde Lara?

too many answers to that question

ask an easier one

what is right about having blonde lara? (not as a bonus but from no on as permeanant)
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    too many answers to that question

ask an easier one

what is right about having blonde lara? (not as a bonus but from no on as permeanant)
    You know with all these discussions about what hair colour Lara should have, I've decided that it would be so much easier if Crystal just made her bald!

Well, I didn't thought a minute that was true, but I liked the joke ^^. And the screen looks good and the graphics seem to be better than in the other screens...

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    You know with all these discussions about what hair colour Lara should have, I've decided that it would be so much easier if Crystal just made her bald!
    Nice, but don't forget the tatts

Oh I missed the joke haha I'm always missing out on April fools day haha! And a blonde Lara is my worst nightmare so please don't go blonde Lara...LOL Don't get me wrong I don't hate blondes its just well Lara is a brunette for life...So when you break that commitment you become a *...There that's my excuse...Anyways happy 6th April Fools day...I fail.

I fell for it. /facepalm
    so happy i could die, and its alright.

April Fool's Day is so much fun especially if you successfully made prank to your office mates. Since we just had April Fools Day, and the requisite April Fools pranks, people wonder what some of the high profile ones that occured were, and there were some gems. The BBC ran a story that there were spaghetti trees in Switzerland, and lots of people went for it, and they also ran a documentary about flying penguins, starring Terry Jones, which should are a tip off. Then there was sports writer George Plimpton's article about Sydd Finch, an American baseball player that had been raised in China and threw a 168 mph fastball and was debuting as a rookie for the Mets.