Thread: Developers? There are none.

Developers? There are none.

Originally Posted by Borss37
    read the forum. They've been posting. A lot of them are probably on vacation which is normal when a game ships. The rest are probably working on patches.
    Haha John, David, Mike, You stay here and work on patches. Everyone follow me! We're going to Hawaii!!
    Originally Posted by Movura
    I've always had respect for you as a member

should make a list of general bugs and annoyance which come most, make a forum and let a forum admin copy the list and write , confirmed or denied or something else?? the sticky forum had a post from driber that he was uhh dealing with it or something.

There are bugs in this game?! WTF i have 34 hours played and 55% completion and I have found maybe one. lol I'm playing the PC version with well beyond the recommended requirements though so maybe that's why.

Originally Posted by Borss37
    read the forum. They've been posting. A lot of them are probably on vacation which is normal when a game ships. The rest are probably working on patches.
    lol wut

Devs dont have to post to read..

Theres a reason why most devs go `hidden`.. to avoid being spammed by msgs (unfortunately happens a lot both positive msgs and the mundane). If something needs to be communicated Mike is the guy for this forum, Keir for other forums.. they are the official people.. but as i said, just because you dont see a user called `dev_avalanche` doesnt mean they haven't read everything posted
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

+1 to Jay.
    -DavidF, though they may seem official, ALL my posts are NOT Official, unless confirmed by a staff member.

Uhm... As far as games go these days, and specially games of this scale / scope, I'd have to rate Just Cause 2 as nearly flawless. I've only experienced one bug in well over 20 hours of gameplay and that bug was fixed by restarting the game.

If anything the devs should be congratulated for the amount of polish that went into this game.

Originally Posted by Peardan
    Haha John, David, Mike, You stay here and work on patches. Everyone follow me! We're going to Hawaii!!
    Are you talkin ta me? If so.. I'd kill to work wtih Mike... XD
    -DavidF, though they may seem official, ALL my posts are NOT Official, unless confirmed by a staff member.

Hold up.. Who ever said that mycoldman was in direct contact with the developers? ... All we know is that mycoldman was given a copy of the game about 2 weeks early before release..

There is no source showing that he is indeed in contact with 'em.

Originally Posted by Enkeixpress
    Hold up.. Who ever said that mycoldman was in direct contact with the developers? ... All we know is that mycoldman was given a copy of the game about 2 weeks early before release..

If guy has that surfboard with eidos reading in it - Im pretty sure he can contact devs.
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

Originally Posted by Enkeixpress

Dude, I've been part of the Just Cause 2 team for nearly two years now. I am very much in contact and have been playing (and working) with the game for a little bit longer than two weeks. hehe.

400+ hours remember?

Originally Posted by RedPillow
    Maybe you guys should comment to some threads a bit.
    Just a little "Nice ideas, keep it going" would help the whole community to realize, that you do care about their ideas and that you do care about bugreports.

Lets go with that, ok?

P.S Can you tell us, if the heatmaps are coming soon?
    heatmaps what r that :O?

Originally Posted by Fratricide
    There are bugs in this game?! WTF i have 34 hours played and 55% completion and I have found maybe one. lol I'm playing the PC version with well beyond the recommended requirements though so maybe that's why.
    im getting an impression that you only do missions? don't understand me wrong but the most bugs you find by doing freeroaming and fooling around
    if you are , you're just that lucky of missing all those bugs

Wow, Enkei isn't that bright..

This should be locked and topic changed to "Developers DO exist" or something..

Heatmaps ARE coming soon. You have to remember in order to generate these things - and in order to generate the best ones, we need as much data as possible. We're still collecting that data.

Once they start comign however, you'll see them regularly.

Oops Double Post! Glad to hear Heatmaps are coming soon Mike!

HaHa ! MCM did a double post !
    <Insert random forum-member name here and make the text cooler by using different fonts and font-colors>

To be fair, this forum is run by Eidos, the games publishers, you won't have the devs from Avalanche crawling all over the forum answering every question. I expect the Eidos contacts will be checking the forum and feeding back to the devs.
    Interactive Just Cause 2 Panau Map - http://goo.gl/bwZG
    www.playstationleague.co.uk - meet, talk, play, UK - PS3 Gaming Community

SUSPENSION!!!!!

*reports him

XD

Wow read up Keyop.

double post , double spelling fail. jk ;3 someone explain me what heatmaps are :P?

And if you really want a heatmap, here's a heatmap taken from the demo - the first million kills:

http://twitter.com/mycoldman/status/11315769029

Each time a non-player character (civillian or military) is killed, a dot is placed on the map. The more times a kill happens in the same spot, the brighter the dot.

Pretty cool huh? Imagine how much better it is when we're using the whole island. More coming soon.

ooooh can I get a copy of that high rez map purleeese without the heatmap
    Interactive Just Cause 2 Panau Map - http://goo.gl/bwZG
    www.playstationleague.co.uk - meet, talk, play, UK - PS3 Gaming Community

Originally Posted by mycoldman
    And if you really want a heatmap, here's a heatmap taken from the demo - the first million kills:

http://twitter.com/mycoldman/status/11315769029

Each time a non-player character (civillian or military) is killed, a dot is placed on the map. The more times a kill happens in the same spot, the brighter the dot.

Pretty cool huh? Imagine how much better it is when we're using the whole island. More coming soon.
    wow! that's great , will you be able to like enable the vision while viewing the map? or will it only be able to look at on the website?

Originally Posted by xbox360kris
    wow! that's great , will you be able to like enable the vision while viewing the map? or will it only be able to look at on the website?
    It'll be a website only thing I'm afraid. Look out for them in the gamestats section soon.

Originally Posted by mycoldman
    It'll be a website only thing I'm afraid. Look out for them in the gamestats section soon.
    fair enough wait, how'd you get 1 million kills or is that just a joke ?

That was the first million kills YOU GUYS made. The heatmap shows YOUR stats, taken from everybody playing the demo.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last