Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Round of "First Looks"

Latest Round of "First Looks"

In case you've missed it, here are a few latest first looks that just went out today:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light launching this summer for $15

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Game Informer)

Thumbs Up

Everything sounds so amazing!

The story (no Hollywood drama, just good ol' Lara messing things up while chasing an artefact ), unlockable stuff, extra side-challenge rooms with great puzzles, landmines (wtf? ), the TRU engine and comic-style cutscenes are just some of the things that sound so damn exciting!

Here is an article from Kotaku to add to the collection:

http://kotaku.com/5490171/lara-croft...ord-for-reboot

Edit: Oh, and the game will come to the PC, PS3 and 360!
    signature image

Like the non-linear, collectables and story idea's. Hope it's not too short though for it's money. What is the price in pounds anyway? By the drop in the pound think it's price is going up all the time. Don't like thinking of TR game prices in dollars The puzzle aspect sounds good but the ariel camera angle less so. Will have to wait and see.

Am glad to hear the range of consoles the release will be for. Won't be as many missing out like the DLC which is good.

Yeah, it's sounding pretty good to me. I'll be playing on PC.

PC here too =)

I'm sorry but in that second picture on that site Lara looks like Jill Valentine!

Then again Jill is a very cool woman too...

Can't wait!

hey $15? that means it will be not so much in UK... i hope. something like £8 in britain. nice. :P and those pictures are good. i do hope the game is worth £8.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    I'm sorry but in that second picture on that site Lara looks like Jill Valentine!

Then again Jill is a very cool woman too...
    Hey now that you've mention it, she does look a bit like Jill in that screenshot! XD

Go Jill (and Lara)!

lol jill valentine and lara croft do fusion Lara Valentine
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Hey now that you've mention it, she does look a bit like Jill in that screenshot! XD

Go Jill (and Lara)!
    http://badger.ac.brocku.ca/~jr00cf/rejill.jpg

Brilliant Jill! Kick ass in
    and everything she is in and I like the idea of Lara Valentine in a way.

As for GOL, if it is going to work out at around £8 I think I'd buy it cause it has grown on me I must say!

ayesss! £8 is goood i want it weee
    signature image

http://badger.ac.brocku.ca/~jr00cf/rejill.jpg

Brilliant Jill! Kick ass in
    and everything she is in and I like the idea of Lara Valentine in a way.

As for GOL, if it is going to work out at around £8 I think I'd buy it cause it has grown on me I must say!
    Yep, well she's kicked ass ever since Resi 1; even if she did help Barry say his wonderfully awful quotes!

I was thinking of more a Jill/Lara double team; with Jill with a rocket launcher and Lara with a flame thrower, causing destruction wherever they go. Hehe, well one can only dream of that ever happening... ^.^;

LOL Jill sandwich ftw!!!!
    signature image

Well, now that is all good news, PC, Xbox and PS3 are gonna get it. *yes* But, I'm even more confused now, what's this game all about? Co-op or Single player? Or is it that single player is the option here? I suppose I'm just wired to think co-op is the option.
    signature image

Well I think that it means it is single player but you are able to have your friend play along side you if you want. But if it is just you they'll make Lara's platforming abilities better so that you don't need to rely on AI of the computer?

That's how I understand it but I am probably wrong.

@lilhan - Jill and Lara team for the win! Also, "Jill the master of lock picking" or whatever the line was!

According to this Kotaku article-

http://kotaku.com/5486974/first-lara...tails/gallery/

You can play it on your own (I'm guessing with the new character being AI) as well as the co-op being online and offline.

@Danielsun

@Ants_27_ Hehe it's "The Master Of Unlocking" so you wasn't far off! But why do I always hear Barry's voice when I say or even type that quote...!?! O.O

I've heard that when you play alone, Totec doesn't appear in the game and you only play with Lara.

yeah you do lara is more skilled so you can be on ya own which is cool for all those traditionalists xD

im gonna go make me a Jill Sandwich now brb
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    I've heard that when you play alone, Totec doesn't appear in the game and you only play with Lara.
    Hope it's true cause I'd prefer a game with Lara only

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    @Ants_27_ Hehe it's "The Master Of Unlocking" so you wasn't far off! But why do I always hear Barry's voice when I say or even type that quote...!?! O.O
    Bah, I was close!

I noticed they made Barry available for Resi 5 mercenaries mode!

As for having Lara only in the single player I hope that isn't true or at least allow the option cause I think it could make for some very interesting interaction and that is something that may make TR that bit more enjoyable. Alas, Chris and sheva interaction - help each other across the gap e.c.t.

As for having Lara only in the single player I hope that isn't true or at least allow the option cause I think it could make for some very interesting interaction and that is something that may make TR that bit more enjoyable. Alas, Chris and sheva interaction - help each other across the gap e.c.t.
    If only there was a character like Chris helping Lara... ^.^
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by chriss99 View Post
    Yeah, apparently there is no Totec A.I. Lara will be able jump higher etc in single player and the levels will be different.

On one hand, it will be interesting to play this game in two ways (more replay value). But on the other hand, it would have been really cool to control both characters on your own (like the LEGO games).
    signature image

I agree Love2Raid, I want to play with Totec... I mean that in a completely none sexual way!

I think giving people the option to play single player with an A.I. controlled Totec or allow people to switch would be quite a good idea.

so you want to play with Totec hmm?

well i had my suspicions but this... well,

lulz
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast