Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Whats with all the hate to CD and the new game?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261

    Whats with all the hate to CD and the new game?

    i keep up to date as best as i can with news about TR and LC so i was watching the lara croft (official the one that Keir operates) facebook site

    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/laracroft?ref=ts

    and at first some people were like ooo not sure, others were like yaaay new game

    but now all i see is people going 'CD suck bring back Core' this is a TR game blah blah *insert ignorant post here*

    seriously does anyone feel a need to punch these people in the face and say shut up, you dont know what you're talking about now let me teach you

    i love CD for continuing the franchise heck if it wasn't for that then TR would probably of died with AOD


    if Keir does read this i have to ask, how do you put up with those people? keep flamming CD and wanting Core back when they have no idea what they are talking about


    does anyone feel the same way i do?
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    I feel exactly the same way you do!

    People sart complaining about everything even when there's nothing to complain about!!! It is sad, really...

    I like to keep a positive mind and just wait for more news!!!

    Can't wait for next week!!!
    signature image

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    same here next week is gonna be great i reckon!

    and im glad to see that someone else feels the same as i do
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,316
    I'm with you lads!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    i keep up to date as best as i can with news about TR and LC so i was watching the lara croft (official the one that Keir operates) facebook site

    http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/laracroft?ref=ts

    and at first some people were like ooo not sure, others were like yaaay new game

    but now all i see is people going 'CD suck bring back Core' this is a TR game blah blah *insert ignorant post here*

    seriously does anyone feel a need to punch these people in the face and say shut up, you dont know what you're talking about now let me teach you

    i love CD for continuing the franchise heck if it wasn't for that then TR would probably of died with AOD


    if Keir does read this i have to ask, how do you put up with those people? keep flamming CD and wanting Core back when they have no idea what they are talking about


    does anyone feel the same way i do?
    Not sure about the face punching part XD But I do agree with a lot of this.

    I'm pretty glad that Lara's continuing in some way.

    Originally I was disappointed because for a moment I thought they were going to do a complete turn around with the camera angles and graphics, but then I finally did a little more reading and realised that there is a second project that is going to be an actual TR with the "whole close-up 3rd person jumping and flipping around pew pew pew GRENAAAADE RUUUN" sort of thing to go on with the TR series.

    Overall I'm glad because:
    (1) We WILL get another TR addition.
    (2) We get something extra as well, in this case GoL. I just hope it is available for every console/platform =)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorepillows View Post
    Not sure about the face punching part XD But I do agree with a lot of this.

    I'm pretty glad that Lara's continuing in some way.

    Originally I was disappointed because for a moment I thought they were going to do a complete turn around with the camera angles and graphics, but then I finally did a little more reading and realised that there is a second project that is going to be an actual TR with the "whole close-up 3rd person jumping and flipping around pew pew pew GRENAAAADE RUUUN" sort of thing to go on with the TR series.

    Overall I'm glad because:
    (1) We WILL get another TR addition.
    (2) We get something extra as well, in this case GoL. I just hope it is available for every console/platform =)

    yeah maybe i went a bit far with the face punching bit but i was a bit angry lol

    lol i loved that part "GRENAAAADE RUUUN" made me laugh

    and this side project just shows us the CD still care and want to keep us entertained in the mean time
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    2,400
    Thanks guys

    I think.... this is something totally new to Tomb Raider fans. It's a big surprise, so initially some people went into a bit of shock and lashed out. But I think as people take a step back and see what Crystal are doing, they'll get excited, especially when we release more info on GoL.

    Good times!
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261

    hopefully they will we love you guys

    am liking the multiplayer aspect of it, maybe us TR fans can game together i've got a 360 if it comes out on that
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  9. #9
    this game is gonna suck..i can tell by the screenshots..and heck we are suppposed to have freedom of speech so if i think this game is gonna suck then i will express my opinion freely.in fact u are the one who needs punching because u arent mature enough to accept the fact that opinions differ..and in our case most people(and not necesserily tr fans) didnt like the game

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    -.- i say those things because ignorant people base their opinion on very litte at all...

    say just screenshots...

    my opinion isn't completely made up but i am open minded to see it for what it is and not something else

    and you are wrong i am very mature if people wish to express their opinion then go ahead i have no problem with that but alot of people are doing it without just cause, its like they are children...




    Edit: and if you read my posts you will see i retracted the statement of the punching...
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    -.- i say those things because ignorant people base their opinion on very litte at all...

    say just screenshots...

    my opinion isn't completely made up but i am open minded to see it for what it is and not something else

    and you are wrong i am very mature if people wish to express their opinion then go ahead i have no problem with that but alot of people are doing it without just cause, its like they are children...




    Edit: and if you read my posts you will see i retracted the statement of the punching...
    i read the first post and then i was too bored/frustrated to read the others..anyways i dont want to start a fight but u should know that i always judge a game from the very first screeshot of it..and u know what?i was always accurate so dont call me ignorant because i dont like it..if i want to play an arcade game then ill probably go for super mario or lego indian jones but not tr.tr used to fill another role for me and this change seems very unfamiliar to me to say the least..and even if this game turns out to be good for an arcade it still wont meet my needs.tr is not an arcade franchise!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    what would you need to be frustrated about, if it was the actual TR games being turned into this then yeah i would be to, but this isn't a TR game this a side game of an adventure with Lara croft to keep us entertained whilst the main game gets worked on

    i dont know why you're saying TR is not an arcade franchise, we all know its not but its not a TR game, and if you don't read the posts previously made then you shouldn't comment

    i dont want this to be a fight either but a healthy debate is always good
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  13. #13
    This is what happens when people put their expectations way too high. Some people still don't get that this is something EXTRA, it has nothing to do with the next main game. Finally we get something TR-related and people start complaining again. Mostly out of ignorance if you ask me. Just wait and see, they'll think differently when they finally GET what this game is really about. You would almost think that they have never seen an arcade game before!

    You don't HAVE to play this, you know. Please be grateful we are getting something. Who knows how long we have to wait till TR9!
    signature image

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    indeed i totally agree L2R its great that they are doing this

    i hope us two have a game on it when it comes out
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  15. #15
    well, there's definitely no need for violence, but you do have a point DanielSun

    i agree with L2R by saying that people put their expectations too high, and they need to settle down a notch.
    signature image

  16. #16
    Underworld was rather overhyped and that was a major part of why so many fans turned against it. People have all been waiting for the next TR to be announced. News of an arcade game is never going to live up to that. I agree with some of what the Core fans said on Facebook. Whilst their motive isn't the nicest I do like the positivity they have for Core

    Early signs of that ariel camera and logo aren't the best start. There IS still time for it turn things around though and the game could impress. I will still give it a shot when it comes out. Hope the next info to be released will be better and great.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    I don't think very highly of it. I know I don't have to have it, but to me, I would much rather have some news of the main game rather than an arcade game. It just strikes me as a waste of time.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  18. #18
    I wouldn't have picked that particular screenshot as the first one to be honest.

    The others give a much better view of the potential of this game. That Totec guy looks like an enemy on this screenshot.
    signature image

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    i dont think its a waste of time they have double the amount of people so 1/3 of the people could've worked on this arcade game whilst the rest worked on the main game, maybe they will mention the main game at either the GDC or E3
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    yeah maybe i went a bit far with the face punching bit but i was a bit angry lol

    lol i loved that part "GRENAAAADE RUUUN" made me laugh

    and this side project just shows us the CD still care and want to keep us entertained in the mean time
    lol XD I'm quite fresh with all things TR, like I only started playing about halfway through last year when I saw a TR:Legend and TR:Anniversary 2-in-1 deal.

    Unfortunately (but still entertaining enough) when I started playing I had a few problems throwing grenades around in TR:Legend - I'd try to give it the whole Hollywood feel by throwing a bunch of them around a corner and pulling back, but I ended up missing and bouncing a bunch off the wall and back to my spot! XD XD Or I'd run AND throw a grenade and then realise I was running into the spot where the grenade landed - lots of fun times. =D

    GoL looks pretty cool though - some of the screenshots so far probably don't capture the true essence of the game, but as a starting point you can definitely see some attention to detail in the background, and I'm sure when everything is moving (like IF there's wind and swaying leaves/shrubs, blowing dust, enemies crawling up and down the sides of walls like those orc/goblin things in the first LotR movie in the Mines of Moria etc) it could be quite an exciting experience ^_^ Then mix in some of that awesome TR music!

    Still, I have no idea what GoL will be like - but we can at least see the potential of what it COULD be like, as dangerous as our imaginations may be XD

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,580
    People seem to be treating this although it's the next TR. I hope CD/Eidos havn't made a mistake releasing this as a stand alone game when fans expectations for any Lara related release are high.
    There is no normal raider stuff with it to recover it form those who don't the arcade style.

    Pottentially though this risk taking and trying out new stuff could be a big winner but it's a gamble

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here & There
    Posts
    989
    @Error96 you make an excellent point, fans will have high expectations because it IS Lara Croft, and I myself thought this WAS the next TR game (TR:9) but actually, after reading about it and whatnot, I'm rather relieved it's not. I think that the fact they are releasing this game tells us that TR:9 info may be on the way too, otherwise they wouldn't hype us up like this. Personally, now that i know this is a spinoff i have high hopes, and i'm sure the next "Real" tomb raider game will be EPIC. almost 2 years in the making, and who knows maybe 2 more (hope not) proves how into this next game CD are, and hopefully how serious they are about it as well. I really hope more info trickles out soon (in regards to the next Tomb Raider game)
    signature image

  23. #23
    people are upset at the fact that they're not paying attention to the articles close enough, so they're missing out on that it's not a full game just a ...taste, call it if you will. my theory is that maybe this is going to be a prologue type deal and then lead into the new Tomb Raider game
    "Various myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." - Lara Croft

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    this game is gonna suck..i can tell by the screenshots..and heck we are suppposed to have freedom of speech so if i think this game is gonna suck then i will express my opinion freely.in fact u are the one who needs punching because u arent mature enough to accept the fact that opinions differ..and in our case most people(and not necesserily tr fans) didnt like the game
    the game looks easy peasy just from looking at that horrible camera. rpg camera+guns=broken
    I hate to break everyones heart here, but this looks like it's going to be a disaster, I mean just look at it, this is Lara Croft not Sacred, not FF etc. Without the TR name or not it is Lara Croft, we don't want a turn based rpg look alike with a free roaming camera with her in it.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    its not a turned based RPG though so nothing to fear there
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •