Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91

Thread: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: First Look

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    You just put your foot in your mouth, idiot. I never said the game sucked. I said I was reluctant. Why don't you read before you post?

    .
    Hey, you attacked me! I was referring to Pinpal's opinion of the game, and you came along and said you are, and I quote: "reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever."
    In other words, you are basically telling us that you can b*tch about the game with you want, but suddenly I should shut up. So unless I misread or misunderstood, you are being a hypocrite.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    By saying that, you are going against everything this forum is about. If you are unable assimilate that, then I'm afraid you don't deserve to be on these forums.
    You have just cemented my opinion about you. You are one of the most arrogant and insulting people I have ever met. You think you can hide your insults with emoticons and expect no one to say anything to you? Well, I'm not going to put up with your crap. I've seen your posts, you love to belittle people and say that others don't deserve to post their opinions and now you say I don't deserve to be here. I'd tell you where you could stick your "assimilations", but I have a feeling that would be against the ToU. You also get satisfaction from others' embarrassment and/or humiliation. Do you think I am being unfair? Well, perhaps you should take a good long look at your own posts and see for yourself.

    @ Tombgeek

    You did misread and/or misunderstand. I said you had no right to judge others just because they don't agree with you about GoL being the best thing ever. *ing? Ha! I wasn't even doing that. Do you know what reluctant means? It means that I am hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. It means that I am on the fence. In a nutshell it means that I am not altogether sure about what to make about this. It also means that I am not *ing or doing any sort of complaining about it. It means that I will withhold all judgement until the final product is released. So, if you end up buying it, and it sucks, which I have not said it will, then I will have been the one to say I told you to wait. So, who is being the hypocrite here?

    Attacking you? I said that if you thought the game was good than that is good for you. But your post about "Typical TR fans" is a judgement. You are the one attacking us for not immediately jumping up and down and begging for CD to give us GoL.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Ooops, I almost forgot:

    Oh my goodness that was hilarious!!!! good one Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Tombgeek View Post
    Hey, you attacked me! I was referring to Pinpal's opinion of the game, and you came along and said you are, and I quote: "reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever."
    In other words, you are basically telling us that you can b*tch about the game with you want, but suddenly I should shut up. So unless I misread or misunderstood, you are being a hypocrite.
    Thats JROD for you sooner or later you will get like me and ignore the fact the JROD is just sometimes very rude in posting replies. Doesn't worry me to much because i'm not here to argue i'm here for Lara Croft who's next game doesn't look so good i'm really suprised because I never say that about a tomb raider game, I mean Angel of Darkness to me was bad but I still play it alot but this Gaurdian of Light thing looks like the type of genre in games that I have been avoiding all these years. TR9 better not be like Gaurdian of Light.

  4. #54

    Smile

    TR-9 (?) won't be like The Guardian of Light, because it has nothing to do with it besides the fact that the main characters are named Lara Croft. So don't worry about that. The Guardian of Light is an extra game in a different style.

    I will try to explain by using the example of Batman. Batman: Arkham Asylum is bloody awesome with everything you would expect from a current-gen game. There are more Batman games however, like LEGO Batman. LEGO Batman is totally different, yet equally awesome.
    (It's not exactly the same with GOL, but I couldn't think of a better example atm.)

    I'm pretty excited about this. That doesn't mean I'm a mindless follower in a herd. I see the cool traps (like the one with the ropes and boulders), the great potential of the co-operative gameplay which requires thought and skill and adds replay value, the complicated level-design and so on. The things that turn people off, like the 'bad' graphics (which are actually damn good for this type of game) and the fixed semi-top down view, are like that because that's what works best with the game. So the camera isn't fixed on her but? That probably wouldn't work at all with this environment and the multiplayer. The game looks less shiny than TRU. Surprise, it's an arcade game! You can't expect it to look much better than that. Besides, it's not even finished yet.

    Please keep an open mind about it until you see more. If you still don't like it, don't play it. The game doesn't owe you anything.
    signature image

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Love2Raid View Post
    TR-9 (?) won't be like The Guardian of Light, because it has nothing to do with it besides the fact that the main characters are named Lara Croft. So don't worry about that. The Guardian of Light is an extra game in a different style.

    I will try to explain by using the example of Batman. Batman: Arkham Asylum is bloody awesome with everything you would expect from a current-gen game. There are more Batman games however, like LEGO Batman. LEGO Batman is totally different, yet equally awesome.
    (It's not exactly the same with GOL, but I couldn't think of a better example atm.)

    I'm pretty excited about this. That doesn't mean I'm a mindless follower in a herd. I see the cool traps (like the one with the ropes and boulders), the great potential of the co-operative gameplay which requires thought and skill and adds replay value, the complicated level-design and so on. The things that turn people off, like the 'bad' graphics (which are actually damn good for this type of game) and the fixed semi-top down view, are like that because that's what works best with the game. So the camera isn't fixed on her but? That probably wouldn't work at all with this environment and the multiplayer. The game looks less shiny than TRU. Surprise, it's an arcade game! You can't expect it to look much better than that. Besides, it's not even finished yet.

    Please keep an open mind about it until you see more. If you still don't like it, don't play it. The game doesn't owe you anything.
    I guess your right. I will download the game who knows, it could be great!! Hey its Lara Croft, that counts for something right.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    You have just cemented my opinion about you. You are one of the most arrogant and insulting people I have ever met.
    To be honest, I really don't care about your opinion! LOLZ
    P.S. I didn't read the rest of your post because of how incredibly boring and lame it sounded!
    BTW, NICE GRAMMAR!!
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,261
    ... feel the love on the forums
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    ... feel the love on the forums
    Sorry Daniel, but with J-Rod (What a bizarre username!) still on these forums, there will never be any love!
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Oh, guys have you seen new screenshots? What do you think about that new look?

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Oh, guys have you seen new screenshots? What do you think about that new look?
    Where have you been? It's a bit old lol. Anyways, I'm not going to have any solid opinions about the game until I see it in action.
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Where have you been? It's a bit old lol. Anyways, I'm not going to have any solid opinions about the game until I see it in action.
    yeah thats when I will judge the game too. But i'm also eager to know more about the second project there working on.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpal View Post
    yeah thats when I will judge the game too. But i'm also eager to know more about the second project there working on.
    So am I!By the way,making a downloadable game in addition to the main game is great news!
    It means that they have enough time, money, and effort to make this "project"!
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  13. #63
    One word:

    UGH.

    It's not...bad...but...I don't know.
    It frustrates me that I can't find words.

    I'll wait to see more before forming an opinion.

  14. #64
    i hope this is just a makeshift game to hold us over until the big name title comes out. i mean it looks fun and i like how they're testing the multiplayer waters, but this game just doesn't look too challenging or memorable. plus i like my games with the holywood movie story lines

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,949
    Really guys, there is a lot of hostility in here, now I'm not a mod or anything but 2 pages of personal remarks is a bit much isn't it? Can we leave the personal jibes outside of the forum and discuss the matter at hand please it makes it uncomfortable for everyone.
    It's been a long time since a came around, been a long time but I'm back in town.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Sorry Daniel, but with J-Rod (What a bizarre username!) still on these forums, there will never be any love!
    Oh, man, I can't believe how you guys waited until I was busy for a few days and then ganged up on me. It's like neither of you could handle an argument by yourselves so you held hands with each other for moral support. As for me being here and there not being any love, sorry Jason Miller (is that your real name? Because if it is, then your username is far worse than mine ) but I've never seen anything but contempt from you. I'm usually only rude, yes, I know full well I am being rude, with you and pinpal, because quite frankly, I don't like either of you, so if you think I'm going to give you any love when you piss me off, then you both must be socially retarded. Ah, and points for you Jason Miller, for mocking me for being educated, it was so witty of you. We all know you read my post.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Oh, man, I can't believe how you guys waited until I was busy for a few days and then ganged up on me. It's like neither of you could handle an argument by yourselves so you held hands with each other for moral support. As for me being here and there not being any love, sorry Jason Miller (is that your real name? Because if it is, then your username is far worse than mine ) but I've never seen anything but contempt from you. I'm usually only rude, yes, I know full well I am being rude, with you and pinpal, because quite frankly, I don't like either of you, so if you think I'm going to give you any love when you piss me off, then you both must be socially retarded. Ah, and points for you Jason Miller, for mocking me for being educated, it was so witty of you. We all know you read my post.
    ??? Can you please discuss tomb raider like everyone else. I had no idea that you were busy and really didn't care. These forums were so peaceful until you came back anyway with your insults. I'm not retarded, I don't give a *BLEEP* if you don't like me, I would like it if you would just drop this mindless bad stupid attitude of yours and just discuss tomb raider like everyone else!!!!!!. Thank you very much!

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    Oh, man, I can't believe how you guys waited until I was busy for a few days and then ganged up on me. It's like neither of you could handle an argument by yourselves so you held hands with each other for moral support. As for me being here and there not being any love, sorry Jason Miller (is that your real name? Because if it is, then your username is far worse than mine ) but I've never seen anything but contempt from you. I'm usually only rude, yes, I know full well I am being rude, with you and pinpal, because quite frankly, I don't like either of you, so if you think I'm going to give you any love when you piss me off, then you both must be socially retarded. Ah, and points for you Jason Miller, for mocking me for being educated, it was so witty of you. We all know you read my post.
    Good Job! You're finally able to stand up for yourself after you were crying like a little girl just yesterday! J-Rod:1 Jason: 10 pinpal:10. btw, even though I couldn't help but reply at this post, I really thought that this thread was returning to it's original subject. And like pinpal said, you really didn't have to restart the argument. ( To summarize my post, I honestly think you aren't well-educated!)
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    So am I!By the way,making a downloadable game in addition to the main game is great news!
    It means that they have enough time, money, and effort to make this "project"!
    Wait, now I don't understand...there will be an official game that is not downloadable? And this will be addition? Or did I get you wrong...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Wait, now I don't understand...there will be an official game that is not downloadable? And this will be addition? Or did I get you wrong...
    I think he means we are going to have this downloadable game (LCGoL) and later we'll have TR9 that hasn't really been announced but we know CD is working on it!
    signature image

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I think he means we are going to have this downloadable game (LCGoL) and later we'll have TR9 that hasn't really been announced but we know CD is working on it!

    Oh, that! Well, I hope so, I prey for that miracle!

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Oh, that! Well, I hope so, I prey for that miracle!
    Don't worry, Keir confirmed it!
    "-Is that an ancient Tibetan ritual dagger in your pocket?"
    "Maybe I'm just happy to see you!" -Uncharted 2

  23. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay119 View Post
    Really guys, there is a lot of hostility in here, now I'm not a mod or anything but 2 pages of personal remarks is a bit much isn't it? Can we leave the personal jibes outside of the forum and discuss the matter at hand please it makes it uncomfortable for everyone.
    I think at this point in time, this message is best communicated by whining and attacking a straw man...

    ...........................Shall I take care of that...?

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Don't worry, Keir confirmed it!
    where was that confirmed?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Miller View Post
    Don't worry, Keir confirmed it!
    Really?! where where?! *gets a heart attack*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •