Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First screenshots... heads up!

Keir, has the change to Square Enix somehow influenced the game developing process? Or is it still the same? Were TR plans changed for example?

Not entirely sure how to respond to this.

Why does the idea of something new and different (that doesn't effect TR) upset you so much? This is a project for the fans, it has real elements of Tomb Raider in there but is something fresh and full of win. It's like you've judged it already before you know all the facts.
    So if it is Tomb Raider, why isn't it called that? even Kingdom Hearts: Coded wasn't called "Sora's Journey: Coded." And it was the same thing.
    Villa, villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post

Yep! I have been playing it at my desk (instead of working) for the last few weeks. It r0x0rz

When my bosses ask me what I'm doing I tell them I need to get to know the game

I want to play it tooooo
    LOL, maybe ur boss comes and read what u wrote here ? :P hehehehe
    anyway have fun playing it, and dont forget to get guity coz u r playing and we are waiting for a simple new info abt it lol

PS : The forum was faster without this background btw :P

but the background is 1337
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Keir, has the change to Square Enix somehow influenced the game developing process? Or is it still the same? Were TR plans changed for example?
    No, I don't believe Square buy Eidos resulted in any creative direction change. It potentially gave Crystal more freedom and resources, but I'm only speculating because they don't tell me important stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    So if it is Tomb Raider, why isn't it called that? even Kingdom Hearts: Coded wasn't called "Sora's Journey: Coded." And it was the same thing.
    What? I've said it's not a Tomb Raider game.....

It isn't a Tomb Raider. While it has elements you'll recognise, it's not Tomb Raider 9.

You understand Crystal are currently working on two projects, this one and another game.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy View Post
    I want to play it tooooo
    LOL, maybe ur boss comes and read what u wrote here ? :P hehehehe
    anyway have fun playing it, and dont forget to get guity coz u r playing and we are waiting for a simple new info abt it lol

PS : The forum was faster without this background btw :P
    Yeah, I was noticing that ever so slightly. Perhaps I'll try increasing the compression on the image a bit more (on Monday), it should help.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

woah woah woah

Keir if you are based in london that means you have been putting alot of hours in recently because i remember seeing you update facebook and this during the late hours of the day

jeez man what you doing on here on a weekend get some rest!!

ps: i like the background it took the over ones jerb
    signature image

Again after looking at the new pics more ... I think that "AGAIN" they took more care about the graphics, more then lara her self :S the same with TRU .. I thnk that Lara dont look soo good, and her moves are not as good as TR legend and TRA ..

Nice environments! OK, so it isn't a full-fledged Tomb Raider, it's something to tide us over til the next big super-epic TR game. Kind of like one of those old TR handheld games or phone games, except actually fun. Anybody like "Torchlight?" "Diablo"? This is Lara-based goodie like that, just the thing for some fun evening of mind-bubble gum! Ought to be cool, looking forward to it!

No, I don't believe Square buy Eidos resulted in any creative direction change. It potentially gave Crystal more freedom and resources, but I'm only speculating because they don't tell me important stuff like that
    That's nice. Did you feel any change?

And I have a question that I think you will be able to answer I saw that on the concept art released Lara is with a ponytail, but I can't see that clearly on the screens. Is she with a plait or ponytail in game?

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    Nice environments! OK, so it isn't a full-fledged Tomb Raider, it's something to tide us over til the next big super-epic TR game. Kind of like one of those old TR handheld games or phone games, except actually fun. Anybody like "Torchlight?" "Diablo"? This is Lara-based goodie like that, just the thing for some fun evening of mind-bubble gum! Ought to be cool, looking forward to it!
    That's exactly the way I treat this game and I'm happy with it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Knight View Post
    I like what I see so far. It reminds me a bit of Lego Indy 2, Torchlight, and Trine (all good things). I also see a lot more Tomb Raider than I was expecting with it being absent from the title.
    From what the linked article says, it does remind me of Lego Indy. (Well, Lego SW, but they're all the same..). "arcade-inspired action romp with a fixed isometric camera and a focus on high scores and replay value"
    Hmmm. This sounds interesting at least. A Lara-game that's not a TR game (as such). I'd rather see TR but so long as LCGoL can deliver a good gameplay experience, nothing wrong with that.

This is unofficial and we haven't announced any platform information.
    ...So there's still hope it'd release for PSP? Fixed camera and the PSP's lack of second analog stick go hand in hand, without sacrificing gameplay ability... too bad the PSP isn't capable of rendering graphics that great, I doubt the PSP's gonna see any more TR Lara action for a while.

Not entirely sure how to respond to this.

Why does the idea of something new and different (that doesn't effect TR) upset you so much? This is a project for the fans, it has real elements of Tomb Raider in there but is something fresh and full of win. It's like you've judged it already before you know all the facts.
    I think it frustrates many of us because we had some rumors about the next game and then nothing. More than likely, the supposed leaked content wasn't SE's or CD's fault, but for me, it's like I got hyped for the next game and then suddenly there's is an explosion of news for something that has nothing to do with TR whatsoever besides the fact that it includes Lara. Add to that, that this is an arcade type game, of which I personally have no interest in, and you can see why I left an empty seat on the GoL Bandwagon.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

its not really a bandwagan many people are objecting it like you are, i dont like to think i am on a bandwagan, main reason i like arcade games is its something you can kick back and relax with no need to concentrate just take it easy
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    I think it frustrates many of us because we had some rumors about the next game and then nothing. More than likely, the supposed leaked content wasn't SE's or CD's fault, but for me, it's like I got hyped for the next game and then suddenly there's is an explosion of news for something that has nothing to do with TR whatsoever besides the fact that it includes Lara. Add to that, that this is an arcade type game, of which I personally have no interest in, and you can see why I left an empty seat on the GoL Bandwagon.

You have my seal of aproval.
    Villa, villa.

You have my seal of aproval.
    Thank you. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that at least has reservations about this project.

Well, I for one will be downloading this game. It looks fun, and it's not meant to be the next big Tomb Raider game. Really, it's more something to keep Lara in the public's eye, and it's bringing a few badly needed modern elements to the franchise, in terms of co-op play.

I think this is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy2 View Post
    Well, I for one will be downloading this game. It looks fun, and it's not meant to be the next big Tomb Raider game. Really, it's more something to keep Lara in the public's eye, and it's bringing a few badly needed modern elements to the franchise, in terms of co-op play.

I think this is a great idea!
    I know that, and I'm sure Rexie is well aware of that as well, however, that doesn't mean I'm going to immediately buy this game. I really don't understand why that is so hard for people to grasp. (I'm not really referring to you, Jonesy2, this is just frustration at many other people criticizing me about not liking this idea.) What is wrong with me not being keen on this? I have never said I hate GoL. I've merely expressed that I am not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter View Post
    Hey mate... remember when we were talking recently and you were like 'oh I imagine nothing will be happening soon', I was dying inside

But you have the right idea. This isn't supposed to be a TR, when people play they'll discover this is why the word fun was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    That's nice. Did you feel any change?

And I have a question that I think you will be able to answer I saw that on the concept art released Lara is with a ponytail, but I can't see that clearly on the screens. Is she with a plait or ponytail in game?
    Oh there has been change, but it hasn't been too dramatic. There are lots more Japanese people in the office, but the deal made such good sense for both parties. Eidos has fit very well into the Square Enix machine.

And, it's a ponytail

Quote Originally Posted by JRod108 View Post
    I totally understand why people got frustrated and confused with this news. It's totally different, and yeah there has been speculation about those images (which I can't comment on either way).

-------------------------

From the Eidos/corporate point of view (if anyone is interested) it's an interesting point actually. Behind the scenes there were people that wanted us to announce LCGoL and say nothing more so we generated lots of hype and excitement.

There were a few of us (the guys at Crystal and me included) who disagreed, and recommended that we were upfront and honest - which actually we were. A few days before Darrell Gallagher (studio boss at CD) did an interview with gamasutra.com saying Crystal are working on two projects (I tried to post this as widely as possible) and if you read the press release it does say 'digital download', and then the next day we went out with screens via gamespot. On top of that I've been running round the internet like a headless chicken going 'IT'S NOT TR9'

Anyway, yeah.

I'm just going to jump in with an canonball:

When will we get any developper videos? Like for Trunderworld.

[LEGASP! Rexie made a post in this thread that is not negative!]
    Villa, villa.

I'm just going to jump in with an canonball:

When will we get any developper videos? Like for Trunderworld.
    Don't have a concrete date for assets. I'll let you know as and when.

question: will there be cutscenes in LC:TGoL? realy liked the cutscenes in all the TR-games!

There were a few of us (the guys at Crystal and me included) who disagreed, and recommended that we were upfront and honest - which actually we were. A few days before Darrell Gallagher (studio boss at CD) did an interview with gamasutra.com saying Crystal are working on two projects (I tried to post this as widely as possible) and if you read the press release it does say 'digital download', and then the next day we went out with screens via gamespot. On top of that I've been running round the internet like a headless chicken going 'IT'S NOT TR9'

Anyway, yeah.
    You r so loyal

oh and i got a question Keir... (you should really have your own question and answer thread ha ha)... the leaked concept art for tr9? you might not tell us but... is it a fake?
    signature image

OK I have a question again!
    Is TGOL in anly way linked to the other project Crystal are working on? yes or no could work

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    oh and i got a question Keir... (you should really have your own question and answer thread ha ha)... the leaked concept art for tr9? you might not tell us but... is it a fake?
    I don't think he can. Sigh.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast