Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First screenshots... heads up!

Hey, it looks quite good! Sorry but I've been quite sceptical about this game so far. ^.^;

Although Keir, you say it's not a Tomb Raider and that it doesn't follow "TR in terms of story", but to be honest the majority of the past Tomb Raider games didn't have a set/main story at all; they were just random adventures in a sense. So are you saying that's it's a bit like the classic TR approach of just letting Lara go on a one off adventure because she feels like it?

I hope this post makes some sense, I'm having difficulty typing out what I actually want to ask...

EDIT- Wait, I've actually read the Gamespot article instead of just skimming through it (to be honest I should have read it properly at first I guess!) and actually I quite like what I read especially-
    "...this latest Lara Croft adventure looks to maintain much of the feeling of earlier games (tombs, booby-trap puzzles, and so on) with a framework designed around cooperative adventuring."
    So it is like the classics in the sense of the story just being simply Lara going on a adventure for fun and profit, yay!

I also love retro/arcade type gameplay, so this doesn't sound half bad for a spin-off! I just hope I don't get too hyped up about it though because I usually end up disappointing myself by expecting way too much from a game... ^.^;

This sounds great. Although now I'm really wondering what Tomb Raider 9 will be, this should keep me sane

Will there be offline and online co-op? or one or the other???
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    This sounds great. Although now I'm really wondering what Tomb Raider 9 will be, this should keep me sane

According to this article, the game is playable on single player as well

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...&mode=previews

Yaaaaay ^__^

I'll admit I think it looks pretty cool, arcade style gameplay(like matt hazard or shadow complex?) then I'm in, as long as its not above $10 to get it, hopefully its on both PSN and XBLA

co-op sounds interesting

I like what I see so far. It reminds me a bit of Lego Indy 2, Torchlight, and Trine (all good things). I also see a lot more Tomb Raider than I was expecting with it being absent from the title.

It looks like the type game that could work well on just about every current platform, even portable ones. I'm eager to hear what platforms it will be available on.
    LittleBigPlanet: Croft Manor Beneath the Ashes
    PSN ID: DuskRaider

Faint feeling of hope

Having looked at the screenshots, the game seems to me to be a bit like Baldur's Gate but with more puzzles and no stupid conversations, and I really liked Baldur's Gate. It reminds me of a 2.5D platformer - old school. It's not a traditional Tomb Raider game, but then it isn't called Tomb Raider, is it? I have a PS3 and I hope that I can work out how to download it .

P.S. I have at least one old school TR fan friend who doesn't like the look of it, but I'm afraid I have to disagree and give a faintly hopeful half-a-thumbs-up. I think it might be a breath of fresh air. I hope they don't over-price it or mess up the advertising and PR.

Oooh you know what would make this game really epic is if you could have an option to play it in 3d!!! Just like avatar the game! It has a 3d option and you can alter stuff... I actually would like to play this game, but it depends if my dad will buy it for me on psn... Xbox live is a no no. am not gonna get too excited though...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Keir View Post
    Remember that this isn't supposed to be another epic Tomb Raider. This is something different for the fans. I know it's a shock but take a step back and open your mind (otherwise you might miss out on some of the fun).
    Does that mean it will be for all fans? = all platforms?

Frankly I still can't get excited because I have no idea if I will be able to play it.

im sure you will it looks too good to go on psp or iphone but wait til GDC and we will know
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    Hey, it looks quite good! Sorry but I've been quite sceptical about this game so far. ^.^;
    That's OK! I understand why, this is a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lilhanhan View Post
    So it is like the classics in the sense of the story just being simply Lara going on a adventure for fun and profit, yay!

I also love retro/arcade type gameplay, so this doesn't sound half bad for a spin-off! I just hope I don't get too hyped up about it though because I usually end up disappointing myself by expecting way too much from a game... ^.^;
    We'll do a few features on the story line, and a little later down the line we'll give you guys the chance to do a Q&A with the dudes from Crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post

We'll reveal more about this soon! *twiddles moustache*

Quote Originally Posted by needmorepillows View Post
    According to this article, the game is playable on single player as well

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...&mode=previews

Yaaaaay ^__^
    Yep! I have been playing it at my desk (instead of working) for the last few weeks. It r0x0rz

When my bosses ask me what I'm doing I tell them I need to get to know the game

Quote Originally Posted by Natla View Post
    Having looked at the screenshots, the game seems to me to be a bit like Baldur's Gate but with more puzzles and no stupid conversations, and I really liked Baldur's Gate. It reminds me of a 2.5D platformer - old school. It's not a traditional Tomb Raider game, but then it isn't called Tomb Raider, is it? I have a PS3 and I hope that I can work out how to download it .

P.S. I have at least one old school TR fan friend who doesn't like the look of it, but I'm afraid I have to disagree and give a faintly hopeful half-a-thumbs-up. I think it might be a breath of fresh air. I hope they don't over-price it or mess up the advertising and PR.
    You got it. This game isn't Tomb Raider. It has certain elements that fit of course but this is different and new. I think Crystal deserve credit for doing something bold (that doesn't effect Tomb Raider).

I think your friend isn't alone. Lots of people are still shocked and confused... but as we release more info and they understand it and see how much win it is, I think they'll start to change their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Does that mean it will be for all fans? = all platforms?

Frankly I still can't get excited because I have no idea if I will be able to play it.
    We haven't released any platform info yet... as soon as we do I'll post a thread here
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

We haven't released any platform info yet... as soon as we do I'll post a thread here
    On Gamespot LC&GoL listed on PS3, PC and Xbox 360

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Burn View Post
    On Gamespot LC&GoL listed on PS3, PC and Xbox 360
    This is unofficial and we haven't announced any platform information.

Keir you're in square enix company?? OOOOH! nice.... i absolutely love the idea of this game... seems a bit animeish but it's growing on me faster than ever! i just hope i don't spoil myself like i did with underworld, i watched too many trailers etc, knew about the plot and i saw too many videos... >.< i hope they release only ONE trailer... call me odd but i have no self control ha ha.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    Keir you're in square enix company?? OOOOH! nice.... i absolutely love the idea of this game... seems a bit animeish but it's growing on me faster than ever! i just hope i don't spoil myself like i did with underworld, i watched too many trailers etc, knew about the plot and i saw too many videos... >.< i hope they release only ONE trailer... call me odd but i have no self control ha ha.
    Yep, I work at Square Enix Europe HQ

Well, you won't be able to spoil yourself with LCGoL because the best bit about it is the gameplay, you'll see what I mean when you get your hands on it. Talk about addictive

oooh nice you're making me jealous keir! I always wondered... i got to choose my options for a school exam (GCSE) and i have chosen Art, geography, double science and i don't know what else to do... i was wondering, should i take graphic design if i want to like... design characters for game characters and concept arts? :S
    signature image

where is SE HQ based Keir? France? Germany? England? and if ya can disclose what city?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    where is SE HQ based Keir? France? Germany? England? and if ya can disclose what city?
    you gonna break an entry and play the game in secret ha ha?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by tombraidergal View Post
    oooh nice you're making me jealous keir! I always wondered... i got to choose my options for a school exam (GCSE) and i have chosen Art, geography, double science and i don't know what else to do... i was wondering, should i take graphic design if i want to like... design characters for game characters and concept arts? :S
    Hmm... well I think the most important thing is you go with your instinct and choose the subject that feels right to you. But I would say that Art or Graphic Design could both lead to a suitable Art or Design A-Level which could in turn pave the way for an Art and Design foundation and then finally a suitable university course. Blimey, that made it sound scary!

We're in London

haha noo i just like to know where the company(s) are based, CD in San fransisco Eidos in London and where Keir is i have no idea other than SE HQ
    signature image

Okay, what the hell, Eidos?!

If it isn't an Tomb Raider game, so why do you put Lara Croft in there? I know LC is your money cow, but I find this solution more simple:

A man in his late 20's get's kicked out of an bar in the middle of Cairo. With no money left, he wanders around Egypt, figuring out a way to make money. Eventually, he stubles into a tomb, and meets a God-like figure who could help him. Eventually, turns out he is the son of Lucas Shepherd. An former Archeologist who died in a terrible accident. The man later realizes, that his destiny is to finish what his father started.

See? Is that simple. You don't need the name 'Lara Croft' to make money. Doing this, is like making a film called "Norman Bates - McDonalds." and make Norman own every Mcdonalds in the world with his mother. I love Norman, but the idea will sink lower than Titanic.

[/rant]
    Villa, villa.

haha i know where you now Keir!!! i shall come and find you in london and bring rexie with me to be the best antagonists in the world

what part of london btw its a big place?
    signature image

but if TGoL isnt a Tomb Raider-game, will you guys continue with the Tomb Raider-series anyway?

they are working on two projects the other one being TR
    signature image

haha noo i just like to know where the company(s) are based, CD in San fransisco Eidos in London and where Keir is i have no idea other than SE HQ
    Well, Square Enix Europe HQ is in London along with... well Square Enix London Studios. Crystal D are in SF, IO Interactive are in Copenhagen, We also have Eidos-Montréal and Eidos Shanghai with offices Paris and Hamburg. Square Enix have offices across the world too, their head office is Tokyo of course, and they have a major office LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexie View Post
    Okay, what the hell, Eidos?!

If it isn't an Tomb Raider game, so why do you put Lara Croft in there? I know LC is your money cow, but I find this solution more simple:

A man in his late 20's get's kicked out of an bar in the middle of Cairo. With no money left, he wanders around Egypt, figuring out a way to make money. Eventually, he stubles into a tomb, and meets a God-like figure who could help him. Eventually, turns out he is the son of Lucas Shepherd. An former Archeologist who died in a terrible accident. The man later realizes, that his destiny is to finish what his father started.

See? Is that simple. You don't need the name 'Lara Croft' to make money. Doing this, is like making a film called "Norman Bates - McDonalds." and make Norman own every Mcdonalds in the world with his mother. I love Norman, but the idea will sink lower than Titanic.

[/rant]
    Not entirely sure how to respond to this.

Why does the idea of something new and different (that doesn't effect TR) upset you so much? This is a project for the fans, it has real elements of Tomb Raider in there but is something fresh and full of win. It's like you've judged it already before you know all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by LARALOVERnr.1 View Post
    but if TGoL isnt a Tomb Raider-game, will you guys continue with the Tomb Raider-series anyway?
    Crystal are working on TWO games

they are working on two projects the other one being TR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast