Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Hi,
    my problem is that when i shoot at enemies i see some blood but when i kill them theres no puddle of blood ( i mean no blood at the ground) and i dunno why

People...

More of a realism issue, here... I noticed that people driving cars in the city are usually posh, blonde women, and people driving cars in the deserts are usually poorer-looking, older women... At first I found that quite innovative, but now I realised the car being driven doesn't seem to count, it seems weird that this peasant-women character would drive a tuk-tuk or a sakura aquilo metro ST (the civilian sports-car-ish car) I also found that when hijacking a car, some (badly acted) guy says 'what are you doing? Oh my gawwwwwd!' lol and then I pull a posh woman from the car... Just annoying...

Exclamation Camera annoyance isn't only PC specific.

PC Specific Problems
    9. (Big Annoyance) The vehicle camera on the PC version keeps "auto-recentering" itself. If you don't move the mouse for a moment or if you touch the steering on a controller, the camera instantly swings back behind your vehicle. This leaves some players constantly fighting the camera. This would be easily fixed with a setting in the options menu of "Never Autocenter The Camera". (Submitted By -Morlock-)
    A fix to this would be as follow's:

- A camera should tend to point towards the direction of movement - it's important that it does so to let the player let go of the mouse and remain in control. From what I've observed in JC2, the camera is simply easing itself towards the orientation of the vehicle, mostly independent of its velocity (e.g. camera re-centers even when the car is standing still).
    - The time it takes between no mouse movement and the start of camera auto-orientation should always be the same and long enough not to be disruptive - an interval of 2 seconds is a good trade-off between vehicle control and enjoyable look-around, but this value is debatable. The important thing is that it remains the same across all vehicles, unlike what is currently done in the game (e.g. 1 second for cars, 2 for boats, 0.5 for planes).
    - The time it takes between the start of auto-orientation and having the camera pointing towards the direction of movement should be inversely proportional to the rate of the movement - this allows for a better experience because it gives more camera control to the player without making it harder to drive the vehicles (e.g. you auto-turn the camera slowly because the player isn't going fast and so does not urgently need to know what's ahead of him).
    - The camera should hint as to the current speed of the vehicle - this might include zooming-out when the vehicle is accelerating and zooming-in when it's breaking, though I wouldn't consider that a critical part of an intuitive camera, especially if 3. is done correctly and since most games today use motion blur (including this one).
    (Submitted by woodbyte)
    Can you please update this to ALL platforms? This is not only PC specific, it is also on PS3, I don't know about Xbox 360, as I don't play it. I'm on PS3, and I have to constantly fight with the camera when I want it to stay in one place.

Originally Posted by Dark_Amber
    More of a realism issue, here... I noticed that people driving cars in the city are usually posh, blonde women, and people driving cars in the deserts are usually poorer-looking, older women... At first I found that quite innovative, but now I realised the car being driven doesn't seem to count, it seems weird that this peasant-women character would drive a tuk-tuk or a sakura aquilo metro ST (the civilian sports-car-ish car) I also found that when hijacking a car, some (badly acted) guy says 'what are you doing? Oh my gawwwwwd!' lol and then I pull a posh woman from the car... Just annoying...
    haha, that just makes it a ton funnier in my opinion lol

Annoyance: No online multiplayer capabilities.
    Annoyance: No offline multiplayer capabilities.
    Annoyance: Engine sounds have a 2 second loop when at max speed.
    Annoyance: Camera goes back to center within 3 or 4 seconds.
    Annoyance: Rockets can only lock-on to you, you can't lock on to them w/helicopter.
    Annoyance: Race track is not accessible by road.
    Annoyance: Can't turn off intro/outro video when calling your buddy for weapons/vehicles/extraction.
    Annoyance: A conscious effort was made NOT to make the game online-able.
    Annoyance: CEO's reasoning for making the game strictly offline.

Originally Posted by AQuinn
    Annoyance: No online multiplayer capabilities.
    Annoyance: No offline multiplayer capabilities.
    Annoyance: Engine sounds have a 2 second loop when at max speed.
    Annoyance: Camera goes back to center within 3 or 4 seconds.
    Annoyance: Rockets can only lock-on to you, you can't lock on to them w/helicopter.
    Annoyance: Race track is not accessible by road.
    Annoyance: Can't turn off intro/outro video when calling your buddy for weapons/vehicles/extraction.
    Annoyance: A conscious effort was made NOT to make the game online-able.
    Annoyance: CEO's reasoning for making the game strictly offline.
    If your on PC, then you might have online capabilities soon (its by a group of modders, on a private server, and videos of it are on youtube)

PS3 Specific Problems

1. FIXED (Bug) O and X buttons aren't working and you need to press O+X to perform the action, so you can't do melee attacks, can't complete button sequences that involves O and X, and no stunt jumping, This issue has only been witnesssed on Asian PS3's so far. (Submitted By Puzzlebox)
    I know that this may be an old problem, but how was this fixed? I'm a PS3 owner for 2 years now so this game is still 'new' to me. I got a 2nd copy, thinking that the first one was faulty and still having this problem. since my console isn't hooked up to the net, so my question is this:

1. Do I need to download a patch or something?
    2. Is there another way to this done without hooking up my PS3 to the net?? (Haven't got an internet connection at home)

Please, please, please help if you can! I really behind in Just Cause 2. I'm getting a bit frustrated not being able to discover what this game could offer!

Hello everybody,

When you are in Kem Jalan Merpati Military Airport and you fly the Bering I-86DP Airplane, the ailerons of it move in the wrong wayyy!!! lol.

Regards.

Unhappy Bug - Can't complete Trusted Ally achievement on X-Box 360

I finally got around to getting Just Cause 2 and have been having great fun with the game. I'm the kind of guy who first and foremost wants to complete the story so I blazed through the agency missions as soon as they were available and finished the story with only around 30% of the game complete. I've found that going for the achievements has been a great way to extend my fun causing chaos in your wonderful game and at this point I've gotten 34 of the 50 achievements. however I've hit a roadblock in my quest for what i thought would be a relatively easy one, the "Trusted Ally" achievement for completing 49 faction missions. I've done 48 and now have no more missions on my map. i've searched the map high and low, turning off all icons except faction missions and when i do the map is blank. i've done 9 stronghold missions and have that achievement and my roommate who also just completed the game and got the Ally achievement said that all faction missions should have been unlocked with the last stronghold takeover. i'm just over 40% complete in game. any ideas what's wrong or am i just out of luck regarding this achievement?

Thanks
    Shogun

HELP!!! save file corrupts every time

I beat the game and was in mercenary mode. I also had a couple other files. But one day I try playing them and every single one is corrupted. So I restart and try saving it and same thing happens. I've tried about 7 times and every single time the same thing happens. Right now the game is useless. Please help. Is there a way to prevent this. HELP.

HX, this sounds like something you are going to need tech support for. You should call the number given for tech support in the manual that came with your game. What platform are you playing on? I never heard of this problem.

By the way, an update for anyone interested in 100% Game completion: I can now officially confirm what everyone who has tried to get 100% game completion already knows: 100% completion is NOT possible. How do I know this? Well, I was given the PC version of JC2 when I bought my new gaming laptop and I downloaded the map viewer. It shows literally everything you can collect in the game when you load a save into it. I completed the game on Hardcore on my lappy: all collectibles, chalenges, Faction Missions, Strongholds, Agency missions and EVERY single chaos item and resource item on the map. In the map viewer, I have only ONE ITEM left, which is the famous "Bugged Water Tower" which is not in the game, but shows in the map viewer.

Also, here is something interesting: After I beat the career and Faction missions, all I had left was one item at each airport (so as not to complete it because the planes no longer would take off) and all the SAM sites at each of my nine strongholds. Obviously, I left all of them bcause they become "friendly" SAM sites once you own the Stronghold. Anyway, what I did, to check to see if 100% game completion is possible is, once I beat the last missions (I already had everything else done before) I destroyed the last chaos item in all the airports AND destroyed all SAM sites in he strongholds and saved on a different slot. Anyway, I now have a 99.95% Harcore save AND what I noticed was that I got 99.95% completion with 4 or 5 SAM sites left to destroy! So after 99.95%, my percentage DID NOT go up even after destroying each of the SAM sites I had left. This was very odd because before that, I would get approximately .01% for each SAM site in the strongholds, yet my percentage stayed glued to 99.95%.

So if anyone is still interested, I think this pretty much confirms what we all already knew.

Wow, sucks that they can't fix that. Well if you have gotten 99.95% then consider yourself 100% complete JC2!

Originally Posted by DC420
    Wow, sucks that they can't fix that. Well if you have gotten 99.95% then consider yourself 100% complete JC2!
    Can't or won't?

But yeah, no doubt that in this game, 99.95% is 100%

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    Can't or won't?
    Lol, this old story again? I really wish they had taken the time to fix the issue regarding planes no longer spawning at airports, but what can you do about it?

Originally Posted by saulfool
    I know that this may be an old problem, but how was this fixed? I'm a PS3 owner for 2 years now so this game is still 'new' to me. I got a 2nd copy, thinking that the first one was faulty and still having this problem. since my console isn't hooked up to the net, so my question is this:

1. Do I need to download a patch or something?
    2. Is there another way to this done without hooking up my PS3 to the net?? (Haven't got an internet connection at home)

Please, please, please help if you can! I really behind in Just Cause 2. I'm getting a bit frustrated not being able to discover what this game could offer!
    You need to download the patch through the internet, which i am afriaid means connecting your ps3 to the internet.

I know the game is done, but I have encountered what I think is a problem unique to the PS3:

I can't complete any of the urban cities EXCEPT the harbor. That one gives me a 100%, green check mark and "Settlement Completed" screen. However, the other three urban areas are impossible to achieve the same results... EVEN AFTER I have collected every single resource item, destroyed every rooftop water tower, demolished every stature, and destroyed every gas station & propaganda trailer in the city.

However, I think I know what the problem is:

There is a propaganda trailer that keeps respawning in the harbor city (near a highway on ramp) and it may be taking the place of some of the propaganda trailers that need to spawn in the OTHER cities I need to destroy to get 100% green check mark status?

On top of this, if I destroy the glitched propaganda trailer it explodes, but it doesn't add to the total number of propaganda trailers that have been destroyed. In other words, lets say it should be 50/100. It never goes past 50, even if I blow it up multiple times (quit, load saved game, blow it up again)... But the other propaganda trailers I destroy in other cities and towns do count toward the total number of PTs destroyed.

I have finished the game three times on all the difficulty levels, so I can confirm this a glitch/bug that is inherent in all levels of difficulty on the PS3.

Originally Posted by Catuz Jak
    I know the game is done, but I have encountered what I think is a problem unique to the PS3:

I can't complete any of the urban cities EXCEPT the harbor. That one gives me a 100%, green check mark and "Settlement Completed" screen. However, the other three urban areas are impossible to achieve the same results... EVEN AFTER I have collected every single resource item, destroyed every rooftop water tower, demolished every stature, and destroyed every gas station & propaganda trailer in the city.

However, I think I know what the problem is:

There is a propaganda trailer that keeps respawning in the harbor city (near a highway on ramp) and it may be taking the place of some of the propaganda trailers that need to spawn in the OTHER cities I need to destroy to get 100% green check mark status?

On top of this, if I destroy the glitched propaganda trailer it explodes, but it doesn't add to the total number of propaganda trailers that have been destroyed. In other words, lets say it should be 50/100. It never goes past 50, even if I blow it up multiple times (quit, load saved game, blow it up again)... But the other propaganda trailers I destroy in other cities and towns do count toward the total number of PTs destroyed.

I have finished the game three times on all the difficulty levels, so I can confirm this a glitch/bug that is inherent in all levels of difficulty on the PS3.
    Which cities/harbors is it? I can complete cities and harbors, but it may be one i havent gotten to yet.

Originally Posted by tdr2009
    Which cities/harbors is it? I can complete cities and harbors, but it may be one i havent gotten to yet.
    It's the four main urban areas of Panau (connected by bridges).

The harbor area (the one with the Roaches Stronghold Takeover) I can complete 100% just fine. However, it's the other three surrounding cities that I cannot get the green check mark and "Settlement Completed" message on even though I have completed the cities 100%.

Someone posted on another thread it's because I was missing one small thing, like a water tower, or half-destroyed gas pump and the game is just rounding the completion up, but this is wrong. There is not a single thing left in the surrounding cities to destroy, or collect. Period. Like I said, it says "100%", when I pass through, but there is no green check mark... And I think it is because of the respawning Propaganda Trailer glitch that happens in the harbor city that can't be fixed since the game is done.

Pc bug

Had the game for 2 days now and allready i have gone through the closed hanger things at an airport and was un able to get back out, ive landed near a wall with the parachoute and have been flung to the top the building and finally after being chased by cops i came to a stop with the driver side up against the concreat block on the long bridge and he moved accross into the passengers seat to get out but he would not get out (there was nother there that door was on the open side..)

Thanks

I love this game dearly... But I think the next JC needs A LOT more polish (play testing) before it's released.

I know developers have to call it quits sometime, or the game would never be released... But there are little things in JC2 that scream "rush job" which is disheartening considering the attention to detail and scope that was put into the rest of the game.

For example, some of the houses and buildings seem like they weren't properly scaled for Rico's character. He can't do simple things like jump over a railing because the the overhead awning is too low.

Another example is some of the wooden boardwalks of the beach houses are just too thin for him to stand on, let alone walk on.

A third example is some of the structures have no stairs/steps, so Rico has to use his grapple... When in reality no one who lives in that building would be able to enter/exit on a regular basis without a grappling hook device.

A fourth example would be some of the rooftop ledges are just too high for Rico to rebound over with one grappling hook move and it takes two, or three grappling hook moves to make it up over the ledge. Again, it seems like a scale problem with regard to height of the character and rendered buildings.

I know it sounds like I am nitpicking, but a lot of reviews (professional and gamer) have also cited little details like these that detract from the overall experience because they sometimes become the difference between life and death during heavy combat e.g. Rico needs to get to a rooftop to regenerate health, but he can't get up over the ledge because it is not scaled properly. So, he has to try it two, or three times all the while being hit with machine gun fire that drains his health rapidly to the point he dies before he can make it up onto the roof.

Patch Help

Hi,

I am just seeing if there is a new patch for the PC version of Just Cause 2. I am running 1.0.0.2 at the moment and am having a hard time finding anywhere to tell me if there is a new one and if so where to get it from.

Thank Bulldog_182

i wouldn't be entirely sure but i don't think there are any more patches out.

Thanks for the reply just find it hard to find patchs now for any games. It seems to me that the game developers want to make it hard to locate the patchs on there sites.

Thanks

where do you get the patches?

(Bug or something): When you extract, the map that comes up showing where you can go shows that all territories are military territories. Not reapers or any of the other that really owns the territory.

Page 79 of 81 First First ... 296975767778798081 Last