Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    Well I believe then that there are over 90 Baby Panay Statues to destroy, even though I only have 90. I really should boot up the game and check my stats, to be honest.
    There are 92, but two of those are part of faction missions. They don't count towards the 90 total, and aren't recorded in your stats. They don't even appear in the game world until the mission starts.

i have a problem with my ps3 youtube upload for Just Cause 2 i can upload one video when i play then if i go to save last 30 seconds it says error when i go to do it to youtube and if i press start new video it doesnt start one i have to exit game then reenter to start a new video some one please Help

Bering fixed?

Yesterday I started playing JC2 again after about 2-3 weeks of not playing and I saw the bering at the destert not taking of, but just standing on the runway. (don't have it 100% yet)
    And I don't know for sure, but I thought at the larger base wich I do have 100% I saw it taking of).
    Is it fixed that you can't fly the aircraft anymore after you have both bases 100%? Or will it just dissapear at the desert airport after I get it 100%.

PC screen zoomed in

When I play just cause 2, most of the time the screen suddenly zooms in and I cannot see a thing. The game does not hang, I can still move and shoot but I couldn't see a thing,just a zoomed in screen where everything is big. If I press Esc, the menu does not show. Please help me, this happens a lot!

how can I revert back JC2 PC from 1.0.0.2 to 1.0.0.1 exe

The latest exe 1.0.0.2 is bad as hell.........crashing ever 5 min or so......Can I uninstall the 1.0.0.2 update and return to the unupdated exe ? (1.0.0.1 was more stable)
    thanks

BIG annoyance game breaking bug

I've encountered a continual game breaking bug in my copy of JC2. Once I hit around 97% completion the game keeps freezing up after serious graphical issues. I've posted some videos of it on youtube for reference. What happens is the graphics will break appart, I will fall into the void and the game will give me a fatal error. I'm running an un-modified PS3 version of the game. http://www.youtube.com/user/Velwythe
    Has anyone encountered this problem before? I have lost the ability to play the game for more than 5 minutes without it freezing and giving me the fatal error. Please, I can't even play the game! Thanks in advance

Looks like the thread starter hasn't logged in since September. So all of our posting is in vain.

Thumbs Down annoyoyance

I've noticed that the game runs great but on my ps3 version when im ready to stop and quit the console trys to get me back to the console menu but after 10 or 15 secs it reboots it's self it'll make 2 beeps turn off the controler and reboot and then i turn the controler back on and it's fine i've got a 120 GB PS3 slim.

i find this issuse to be highly annoyoying and hopefully demand it gets put into the soon to come pacth update this can't possibly be my PS3 doing this it's gotta be the game engine causing this.

Question BUG: City 100%, but no checkmark

I finished all villages and city's in JC2, but one city doesn't show the Green Check mark, although I finished it 100%... Is this a bug and does the game count the 100% or not?

Regards, Rob
    Tough luck com-padre! :cool:

Arrow

Originally Posted by ralph4
    I've noticed that the game runs great but on my ps3 version when im ready to stop and quit the console trys to get me back to the console menu but after 10 or 15 secs it reboots it's self it'll make 2 beeps turn off the controler and reboot and then i turn the controler back on and it's fine i've got a 120 GB PS3 slim.

i find this issuse to be highly annoyoying and hopefully demand it gets put into the soon to come pacth update this can't possibly be my PS3 doing this it's gotta be the game engine causing this.
    I have the exact same issue.
    Tough luck com-padre! :cool:

Originally Posted by lobbie1978
    I finished all villages and city's in JC2, but one city doesn't show the Green Check mark, although I finished it 100%... Is this a bug and does the game count the 100% or not?

Regards, Rob
    did u destroy all of the gas stations and pick up every single part there are some hidden or should i say unmark spots in there i've found unmarked gas stations and well the parts u might wanna get a walkthrough map for the hidden parts oh and don't forget the secret stuff the factions want u to collect.

Regards, Rob
    yes it is a bug in that manner that you actually dont have 100%.
    Like Ralps says you have missed something but it could be anything and not necessary a gas station or a white box.

In my case i had missed a fuel depot+a white box on the backside of a peninsula belonging to one of the Panau city districts. I think it was on the south side of the peninsula at:
    http://www.maplib.net/fullmap.php?id=8630 X:4000 Y: 16000

Usually this happens in one of the BIG cities with a variation on the name "Panau City..." and it comes from a bug that causes the game to round UP when you have a higher percentage, such as over 99.50% in a large city. In the smaller areas, even with 10 or 20 items, for instance, this will not be a problem because each item to collect or destroy will be over 1%. But in the huge cities with well over 100 items, where each item is worth a small fraction of a percent, the game rounds you up to 100% even if you don't have 100%, thus you will show 100% on that settlement WITHOUT the accompanying green checkmark.

In short, as Bubo said, you are missing at least one item.

Originally Posted by redshark777
    - the people on the bikes sit too heavily on the bikes, even in a crash, they do not fall down
    - the bikes do not seem to fall down, they are always upright
    - the dead bodies disappear too quickly
    - the mini-gun is too strong
    Erm....that Minigun has a cyclic rate of fire from 2000-6600 rounds per minute, about 3-10 times higher than an assault rifle, and still fires the same rounds. So it's almost impossible for a Minigun to be 'too strong'. More like 'too weak'.

Did the patch fix the problem where planes stop spawning at 100% completed airports? I noticed in the patch info it seemed to say it had been but only under the PC section.(I play on PS3 and it is quite annoying.)

The camera controls for driving cars are pretty annoying. It should control exactly like Rico controls on foot.

Also, the music and environmental noises shouldn't stop when you look at your map. If anything, the volume should be lowered.

issues in the game

although the island was a fiction, but the background and language used is the language of malaysia.

there are a lot of mis-pronounced words.

I want to be able to have "throw grenade" while on foot to have a different key binding from "primary fire" while in a helicopter.

Regards, Rob
    It's not a bug. Those cities are so big (more than 100 items to find) that the rounding in the code has a problem. When you hit 100%, there is one more thing to find.
    This happened to me as well.
    Took me three separate trips for 20min plus flying around in a chopper looking for what I missed.

And, I discovered yesterday during the Backstage Pass challenge that there is a Propaganda Trailer in the city that you don't have to blow up to get the 100% and the checkmark for the city but will need to get 100% on the game.

It's after the first left turn off the street when you head behind buildings and into the alley at the beginning of the challenge. If you're quick, you can actually blow the trailer up and still complete the challenge in time.

A few things i notice or interacted with. It's on video.

I noticed a few things that caught my eyes and instead of writhing about it, i decided to record them.

Nice design i guess...
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618637819604
    I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's a pain to get out when you have Gatling gun.

Loading mishap! I think i'm a ghost!?
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618647579848
    I believe this bug was cause by what i call loading fatigue. It's an easy-to-fix bug, meaning that reloading your save or restarting your console will fix the problem. It might comeback since it seem to only occur after long duration of gameplay.

unregistered platform. look at me! I'm a Soul Reaper!
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618665260290
    As you can see, i'm standing on an invisible platform. Do i need to say more. But is it a one time deal...?

Unregistered platform 2. Same place, same cause.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618681140687
    ...No it's not

What's wrong with this picture?
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618694501021
    There's suppose to be more land on that tiny island i'm on, at least that's what it says on the map, but...

little textural problem
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618703781253
    They tried to do something with the snow but it didn't work quite well in some places.

I don't know what to call this?
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1618709381393
    Collision or platform interaction registration mishap perhaps.
    I haven't check if it was a one time deal, so you're going to hear me on that again.
    Update: I've checked again and it still there.

That's all for now.

Key Mapping PC

The key mapping on this game is horrible. As some one has mentioned it would be nice to have mouse buttons for primary and secondary fire when in vehicles/planes etc but not on foot for grenades. Why they are linked when changing them when they are under different headings in the key mapping is bad and makes a great looking game and well thought out feel clunky.

Originally Posted by DCHammer
    And, I discovered yesterday during the Backstage Pass challenge that there is a Propaganda Trailer in the city that you don't have to blow up to get the 100% and the checkmark for the city but will need to get 100% on the game.
    FYI 100% Completion is not possible in this game. There are three weapons parts and three Vehicle parts that are MISSING from the game which, I would guess that were supposed to be awarded for Agency Mission #6 but never are. There is also apparently a "glitched" water tower that is not in the game where it is supposed to be. 99.95% seems to be the highest attainable percentage in this game.

FYI 100% Completion is not possible in this game. There are three weapons parts and three Vehicle parts that are MISSING from the game which, I would guess that were supposed to be awarded for Agency Mission #6 but never are. There is also apparently a "glitched" water tower that is not in the game where it is supposed to be. 99.95% seems to be the highest attainable percentage in this game.

don't listen to him. he didn't even play in hardcore. he plays in normal, lol, and is trying miserably to advice everybody here.

he speaks the truth, there is currently no option on 100% completion due to some missing objects.

Originally Posted by imemoria
    don't listen to him. he didn't even play in hardcore. he plays in normal, lol, and is trying miserably to advice everybody here.
    Are you still trolling this forum?

I already discussed this with very many intelligent people (the operative word being intelligent) and I made it clear that ONLY my first run through and 99.95% completion file was on Normal. My second time through the game was hardcore and also OVER 99%. I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but not only am I absolutely right about 100% game completion not being attainable, but even if I didn't play on Hardcore (which I did) what would that have to do with the veracity of my statement?

Oh, one more thing: I am not trying to advice everyone here, I am advising them.

Page 78 of 81 First First ... 28687475767778798081 Last