Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

WHY DEVS WHY?! *cough* *cough* Ehem. Actually i've never really had much trouble with the game (MABY 2 glitches but that's about it) but i do wish that the patch fixed more stuff =(. So maby instead of releasing a new patch they could release an update that added some of the communities ideas?

Inform??

People at SQEnix, please be a little more specif ....what does "Numerous stability improvements."...imply?
    JC2 patch notes say nothing??
    Please give me the full thing..
    Or...........................is that all?

See, Im used to reading patch notes like this ones..

Changes Source
    - Update physics engine (v0.039 to v0.9)
    - Update Phython
    - Update MemoryManagement
    - Update ZLib
    - several changes made to improve MemoryManagement
    - reimplemented heartbeat
    - fixed heartbeat-bug
    - removed heartbeat intensification when jumping
    - minor changes done to netcode
    - added new feature to show who starts a vote
    - changed transmission-settings to all wheeled vehcs
    - changed types of some variables for better adjustments in the xml-data
    - fixed Collision bug which allowed players to enter stones, terminals, etc.
    - fixed bug regarding the accuracy in ironsight-mode
    - fixed bug which allowed simultaneous use of IR and NV
    - homing missiles now need a lock to be launched
    - reactivated in game menu music
    - deactivated bullet-leaf collision (bulletproof leaves)
    - changes made to reduce passenger lag
    - fixed "Airbug" (invisible after climbing)
    - fixed "Jumpbug" (allowed long-jumps)
    - fixed "Binocbug" (shooting with activated binoculars)
    - fixed "3rdIR/NVbug" (use of IR/NV while in 3rd person)
    - fixed "commanderbug" (commander confirms own teamaccount request)
    - fixed "Jumpbug2" (use of binocs while jumping)
    - fixed "LockBeyondAOIbug" (lock vehics even outside of AOI)
    - fixed "Medikitbug" (score while healing dead comerades)
    - fixed calculation of Medikit consumption
    - fixed calculation of scoring
    - fixed some causes of server-/clientcrashes
    - fixed several collisionbugs

XML Changes
    - reformatted XLM-files to coherent style and corrected defective entries
    - changes made to rockets to improve general performance
    - added missing files to meshinfo
    - fixed errors in soundinfo.xml
    - changed resistance of the trees
    - TOW- and Stingerstand can not be moved by helicopters any more
    - corrected some rocketlauncher's consumption of ammunition
    - decreased power of TOW- and Stingerstands
    - restricted range of all rocketlaunchers, bombs, rockets, missiles and tankshells
    - increased ammunitioncosts of all rockets/missiles

Weapons and Equipment
    - dropped weightlimit on Medikit, Scoutkit and Scubakit
    - Scoutkit: lost parachute
    - Grenade, Alhambra, TNT and M20 Granates: slightly improved
    - ammunition-pack: increased cost to 50
    - C4 Timed and C4 Remote: increased damage
    - C4 Motion: decreased damage will harm Infantery only)
    - PF89 and RPG18: added ability to damage heavy armor
    - Neostad, added abitlity to move while kneeling
    - all weapons: corrected shell ejection and powdereffects
    - added ballistics to sniperweapons
    - added breathing to scope-view
    - Remington: sound corrected
    - decreased soundvolume of M4
    - new sounds: SV-98, VSS Vintorez, HK Mark 23 Silenced, MP5 Silenced:
    - changed ironsights: Galil, M4 Carbine, M4/M203, M16 A1, M16 A2, HK 21, G36C, HK UMP, HK53, HK G3, Neostead, Ruger MP9, RG6, HK MP5, HK MP5 Silenced und A-91

- changed animations of: P90, Tavor 21, M4/M203, Ruger MP9, AK-74, KG-9, MP5, MP5 Silenced, Calico, Neostead, CheyTac, Hecate II, M93 Black Arrow, SSG 3000, Mechem NTW, Light Fifty, AWM, SV-98

Vehicles:
    - all turrets are operable by the driver.
    - tankshells are visible again
    - all vehics with radar: radar supports angle of 360°
    - torque: adjustments made to all wheeled vehics
    - suspension: adjusted on all vehics
    - corrected armor-values of MBTs
    - increased vertical deflection of APC's cannons and Vehic’s MGs
    - changed cameraposition of all vehic’s MGs
    - Tunguskas missilelaunchers got a reloadtime of 5 seconds
    - Rolands missilelaunchers got a reloadtime of 5 seconds
    - Avenger's missilelaunchers got a reloadtime of 5 seconds
    - Type93's missilelaunchers got a reloadtime of 5 seconds
    - Humvee will no longer be stopped by fences
    - KSK Wolf got the grenadelauncher back again
    - Fennek's gunner is visible now
    - cool-down time of tank-engines prolonged
    - cool-down time of vehic-engines reduced
    - corrected drivers animation of Ural-6301 and EQ2102
    - corrected weaponbank of TPz Fuchs
    - overhauled handling of all amphibious vehics in water
    - additional sound of a turbine added to M1A2 Abrams

Helicopters and Jets:
    - renamed OA-10 Thunderbolt to A-10 Thunderbolt II
    - A-10 got 6 freefall-bombs, 2 laserguided bombs and 2 Hellfire-Rockets
    - all flying units: flares moved to weaponslot #1
    - increased heat of jets and helicopters
    - removed overheating feature of helicopter's MGs
    - Hokum got Hellfire Rockets now
    - increased Helix armour
    - Comanche AntiAir: all weapons are pilot-operated
    - increased health of Hind
    - adjusted strength of Hydras
    - adjusted strength of all missiles with lock
    - fixed error at Littlebirg MGs weaponbank
    - Gunner of Osprey is no longer able to take over the flares

- reactivated jet propulsion effect on all Jets and VTOLS
    - changed weaponsound of UH1D, Littlebird and PAH Tiger
    - overhauled handling of all helicopters
    - all helicopters react faster now

Ships:
    - won't jump any more
    - fixed passengerbug at 'VSV'
    - added five passengerslots to Mark V
    - removed overheating from Ship-MGs
    - corrected type of munition on SOCR-Grenadelauncher

Modelchanges:

- fixed error in model of KA-29 Helix and HDT-10P
    - Humvee has a gunnershield now
    - MP5 and MP5 Silenced switched back to old model without scope.
    - fixed chain and wheels of Typ98
    - fixed several errors at model of Type85
    - enlarged models of T80, T90, Type85 and VBL
    - downsized models of Landrover, Izh and Lada
    - corrected position of Landrovers and Ladas wheels
    - fixed errors in lowpoly models of Mowag Eagle Recce, Marder, Avenger, Tpz Fuchs, Type98, Type 63
    - reverted bushes to old, quite denser model
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Originally Posted by rinmach
    They di-di-didn't fix the audio stuttering? What a shame-ame-ame. I hate it when the en-en-enemies say "report to location imme-imme-immediately!"
    So" sorry for you ",

Originally Posted by DeHuntsman
    WHY DEVS WHY?! *cough* *cough* Ehem. Actually i've never really had much trouble with the game (MABY 2 glitches but that's about it) but i do wish that the patch fixed more stuff =(. So maby instead of releasing a new patch they could release an update that added some of the communities ideas?
    Don't trip", it is what it is... Exceptence is the key!

WE WAITED ALL THIS TIME FOR THIS?! I thought this was gonna be the mother of all patches. Fixing all the problems and implementing important features like saving thruster boosters. But instead we get this?! How many people did they have working on this "patch?" There's no way it should've taken this long to make this itty bitty patch. Basically only fixed the leisure liner. Modders did that in what 2 weeks? They didn't listen to the community at all. No stronger tether no cheap black market no nothing. Dissapointment.

I hear you, Carbon!

Folks, don't forget to vote in this poll thread about the patch here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=111484

Just vote, though, don't discuss there! Sorry to act bossy. I just don't want to see that thread closed.

other issues not fixed

black market prices
    you do loose jetpacks,parachutes,any temp item upon death or save
    TTB ammo usage

Alright, honestly, instead of fixing the major issues we are having here, you come up with these little fixes? I mean cmon, I feel no difference while playing. The Black Market was like number 1 to be fixed, and we got minor fixes only. This better not be the only patch we are having.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=110273 <--- Check it out!
    Just Cause 2 - Surfy DLC Pack.

Take notice of what. Tom? (Edit: Oops after I posted this, I see his post was deleted)

These guys created this game. They know every square inch of it, every blade of grass. You think they are unaware of the problems we are all facing? You think that they are ignorant of all the issues we are having that they have heretofore failed to even so much as address much less fix? There are a huge plethora of issues in delineated in this thread, and I guarantee you that the devs knew about them long before we stumbled into them.

So the only conclusion I can reasonably reach is that they simply don't care about fixing things that are broken. I mean think about it for a sec. We have waited over four months for a patch, right? And what did they maage to fix? The "BIG" problem was that they added a vehicle, a stupid bus that NOBODY in their right mind would ever, in ten thousand lifetimes care about, were it not for the unique vehicles trophy/achievement, and even that was rendered inert by the DLC vehicles.

It is a BUS! It is not some amazing plane with stealth technology, lock on missiles, and sonar! Go pickup ANY sandbox game (now including this one) and you will find that the buses are the worst vehicles in the game, hands down.

But then we shouldn't really be surprised, should we? I mean, in retrospect, hindsight being 20-20, wasn't this fairly predictable? Given the stunning lack of communication by the devs with the community regarding all of our concerns over the last four months, is it really that shocking that this was all we got from a patch?

Let's look at it another way:

In this thread, there are perhaps 100 issues that were brought up, right? Now I think you would agree that not everything could or should be addressed in a patch. I am not going to reiterate my MANY issues with this game, nor try to list out everyone else's, but let's all agree that the issues we all collectively have, ranging from small to substantial are many, are pretty numerous.

So in four months, one would have thought that the developers would have used this forum to disseminate information to us with regards to the things we most voraciously complained about. In their obviously busy schedules, they would have found a way, perhaps asking a secretary or rep, to address our concerns.

But what did we get? Four months of "Oh the patch is coming! No details, but the patch is coming!"

Did mycoldman, or anyone else who works for the company ever ONCE even so much as acknowledge all of the concerns of this community? Well, other than to mention that "The leisureliner would be making an appearance," that is! :

Other than that, they simply couldn't be bothered. So looked at in that way, does it still surprise you, should it really surprise any of us, that the devs gave us this patch, which is more like giving a good waiter a penny tip than it is a viable fix for...well anything the majority of us care about?

Because again, in retrospect, I now realize that this patch being what it is was predictable.

Originally Posted by ChiroVette

Other than that, they simply couldn't be bothered. So looked at in that way, does it still surprise you, should it really surprise any of us, that the devs gave us this patch, which is more like giving a good waiter a penny tip than it is a viable fix for...well anything the majority of us care about?

Because again, in retrospect, I now realize that this patch being what it is was predictable.
    I have a theory about this.. I believe that they intended on creating a patch with lots of changes/fixes.. If you remember back, MCM said that rather than produce a quick bug fix, they would rather wait and make something that the community wanted.

But for reasons only known to MCM/Avalanche/Square Enix/Eidos, they decided to pull the plug and not bother to develop the game further.. Personally I would put this down to poor(ish) sales and an unwillingness to pour any more money into the project.

But in my opinion, this is a big mistake.. If they are going to stop developing the game, then thats their choice, but they should leave it in a state where people would continue to play it.. This would mean resolving the obvious bugs, changing the black-market system, adding cheats and perhaps tweaking the physics a bit (specifically the tether system). If they had done this, they would have left it in a state where people might keep playing for years.. They would have turned it into a true sandbox game, where you would come and go year after year just to have a play around, explore and experiment There would be a small 2nd hand market and they would still sell NEW copies of the game for a significant period of time.

But now they have left it in this state, its got little replay value and there is going to be a large percentage of people who are going to dump their copy.. Now there will be a huge 2nd hand market, and as such, they are unlikely to sell many more new copies.

All they had to do was listen to the community, ask what we wanted and put in a few 100 man hours to tweak/tune/fix the game. This would have left us with a product that we would want to play for a long long time. But instead they ignored our wishes, gave us an insulting number of fixes (Which frankly should have been provided within the first few weeks), and left a ton of stuff broken.

I like many am disappointed.. Not only because I expected/hoped for more.. But because I genuinely love the game and wanted to play it on and off for many years, just to mess about and explore.. But now I just can't be bothered and this is a waste of what is a really REALLY good game!

But the biggest crime that they have commuted is their lack of communication.. Why couldn't they have told us what they were doing... Why couldn't they have told us the truth.. Why did they string us along, in the false hope that we would get something for our troubles...

Jon

Patch Installed, No Vehicles

I'm currently driving around in Just Cause 2 with no vehicles or pedestrians apart from enemies, faction people and those racing Titus ZJ's. When I started playing it, everything was fine but 40 minutes later and that's it! Very disappointing... About to see if I can rescue this save file or if it will be lost to the abyss! Otherwise, Great Game!!

got that right MCM seriously owes everyone here an apology and a reason why nothing was fixed

Originally Posted by EsotericOne
    got that right MCM seriously owes everyone here an apology and a reason why nothing was fixed
    MCM does not owe anyone an apology, he simply passes on information given to him.

But I cannot say I am surprised at this itty bitty patch, it's just confirmed what I suspected, they got our money, now they do not care about the communities wishes, I will not be purchasing another game from Eidos/Avalanche until I see a stark change in their attitude toward their supporters.
    I have the power to create catastrophy!

And the patch is not showing on Steam, I know Eidos/Avalanche are not responsible for this, but anyone else not seeing it on Steam? my game still shows 1.0.0.1

yup.....gamestop will be flooded soon with JC2 trade ins....not to mention ebay....well i had fun for a 100hrs and thats worth the money I paid....not many games give you more than a dozen hours so props to JC2....still it lacked that touch of absolute carnage mainly because of the rather weak weapons and explosives....

i expected much more from this one, leading me to play for years....i dont feel that way....it lacked structure, firepower and certainly polish....i still believe this game really needed bigger, badder, meaner and more powerful weapons, vehicles, and EXPLOSIONS....for example.....a fully upgraded rocket launcher felt just like the default one?

no overwhelming firepower at ricos disposal....it felt like you were always outgunned by the enemy....the only time it felt you could kick ass was when you were carrying a minigun....anything less would have you retreating way too often just to survive a firefight....environment explosions were tactically useless too.....

in every game i have played having a big fuel container near enemy elements meant shoot the fuel and enemy is dead....not here....more like shoot the HUGE fuel tank to see the fireball but enemy is still standing 3 meters from the blast unharmed and coming for you with a vengeance....wasnt causing chaos the main dish?....it should be rewarding then..

if they wanted me to go around panau blowing hundreds of fuel tanks then they should have motivated the player to do that by giving those explosions some real power....that way i would always want to see what damage the next blast would cause or who it would kill....but it just wasnt rewarding to see those fireworks....too much flash but no bang.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Originally Posted by JAGeng
    yup.....gamestop will be flooded soon with JC2 trade ins.
    its halfway there

It's the potential that's been ignored that's got me puzzled, expansions(I do not mean map size) and player options, base for the player, options to save vehicals, options to store weapons after purchase from BM, vehicals to remain where you parked them no matter how far away you got from them, I could go on, but whats the point, please sell us the SDK to make more out of this!

I'm hugely dissappointed with the devs this is a total screw you from them to us. I don't want to but i have to say this Red Dead Redemption had a patch out in a few days and their patch addressed as much if not more problems than this "patch". In all honesty I'm getting ready to trade mine in to gamestop

All this talk about patch version 1.0.2 so thats the version the game is on? If that is the case how do I download it because steam isn't doing anything with it and my friend has the same game verion I have. Interestingly if verify integrity of game cache files it will download a 13.9mb file, it doesn't do anything at all because I ran it again and it installed a 13.9mb file... Please help! I still have that ANNOYING bug that my friend has also found where the dialouge will repete it's self everytime I die, the faction ICONs will appear and never go away and is stopping me having any fun with the game.

Like someone else already mentioned, it is possible for the player to sit in the passenger seat of a faction vehicle. Unfortunately, the only option after you're buckled up is to ditch the vehicle. There is no stunt jump option as passenger (or, a hijack option for that matter). I wished the devs had included more options to this (maybe even shooting from the windowsill?). Anyway, just a thought. I don't expect it to be implemented in this game, at least. But, if future titles were created, I think this would be an interesting set of features to consider.

Hahaha...i crack myself up! I knew this was going to happen. Well...the game is on the shelf and it stays there. Steam doenst update but why even bother.
    Its a shame about the money but ive learned again: never buy new games! Always wait for a half year reading the forums. And when the price is lowered and the updates / patches are satisfying buy the game.

Nico in GTA4 should have a parachute and a grapple hook
    Back to GTA4

Originally Posted by Funkyjazz
    Hahaha...i crack myself up! I knew this was going to happen. Well...the game is on the shelf and it stays there. Steam doenst update but why even bother.
    Its a shame about the money but ive learned again: never buy new games! Always wait for a half year reading the forums. And when the price is lowered and the updates / patches are satisfying buy the game.

Nico in GTA4 should have a parachute and a grapple hook
    Back to GTA4
    you should check APB for PC

steam doens't download patch

As the title already says. I still don't have the patch. Is there a way to download it manually I have searched but could not find a download file.

I'm with you, i've asked so many times how you do it and I never get a reply, or they just ramble on about other things. It sucks!

What so you can't FIND the patch or you can't download it or something else? You're being a little vague.
    Originally Posted by redbuffel
    I'm gonna steal your signature to advertise this.

Page 71 of 81 First First ... 2161676869707172737475 ... Last