Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Resistance, that was a typo. Sorry. I am actually stuck on 2,694, only missing six resource items, three weapons parts and three vehicle parts.

Originally Posted by ChiroVette
    Resistance, that was a typo. Sorry. I am actually stuck on 2,694, only missing six resource items, three weapons parts and three vehicle parts.
    Lol, thats lucky, cos it would have been a nasty shock

Anyway, when are we gonna get any information on this damn patch?!

Someone said Christmas in a joke, and now I am beginning to wonder if that was perhaps not as funny as I thought at the time.

I really want to be patient about the whole thing, but mycoldman said within the week, which was about two weeks ago... I get what he's saying about not wanting to talk about it until they're sure as to what the patch will do, but it's getting ridiculous and the patience around here is definitely thin. I'm not even looking for an itemized list, but come on, maybe a hint? A riddle? Maybe transparency in the process is asking a bit much, but anything besides this complete information blackout would seem a bit kinder to the fan base. The rational side of me knows that the patch team and the community team are different people, but it's hard to feel like a flashy new contest being posted when everybody's waiting on the patch is anything but an attempt to divert attention for a while...

I've heard a few people say that these bugs are the kinds of things that are building up in save-games as you play them longer, anyone willing to back that up? Seems like my save is getting worse and worse, I gave up on playing this evening after the 10th vehicle/soldier evaporated in front of me.

Originally Posted by OldTheBKBrawler
    I really want to be patient about the whole thing, but mycoldman said within the week, which was about two weeks ago... I get what he's saying about not wanting to talk about it until they're sure as to what the patch will do, but it's getting ridiculous and the patience around here is definitely thin. I'm not even looking for an itemized list, but come on, maybe a hint? A riddle? Maybe transparency in the process is asking a bit much, but anything besides this complete information blackout would seem a bit kinder to the fan base. The rational side of me knows that the patch team and the community team are different people, but it's hard to feel like a flashy new contest being posted when everybody's waiting on the patch is anything but an attempt to divert attention for a while...

I've heard a few people say that these bugs are the kinds of things that are building up in save-games as you play them longer, anyone willing to back that up? Seems like my save is getting worse and worse, I gave up on playing this evening after the 10th vehicle/soldier evaporated in front of me.
    I had a bug occuring since Mission 2, mentioned it a few times so look back in my posts if you want to know the details. That bug was savegame related and never went away. In that same savegame (at 98.65%) I seem to experience the civilians dissappearing more often than I used to remember.

Then also there is a bug/glitch/problem with my game, which actually resembles an old build???? My grenade indicators are yellow arrows in ALL savegames. I don't have a green arrow pointing to healthpacks like in the demo and the orange grenade indicator I have never even seen before! I really wonder why this is only happening in my game?

i blame the americans who didnt buy this game enough. Even the first game had better sales dammit. Why should they waste resources and patch a game that barely sold at all?

I think its a disrespect of devs (or whoever) with the gamers who buy the game.
    They not even notified us last week about the (lack of) news about the patch.
    Im saying that cause someone said that news about the patch would be released last week.
    If it was a joke, sorry devs (or whoever).

Originally Posted by desmond11
    Im saying that cause someone said that news about the patch would be released last week.
    If it was a joke, sorry devs (or whoever).
    Nope, no joke, that's what mycoldman told us on June 1st, quoted in full on the first page of this thread.

@ CentroX above, I know you're not completely serious there, but it does hardly seem like their sales are going to improve if they get a reputation as a studio that doesn't patch their buggy games quickly, keep the community in the loop as to progress on those patches, or at the very least release an SDK so the community can fix up their own game! Not that that'd be much use to a lowly console user like me, but at least they'd get a lot of respect from me if they did so. I know, I know, my respect is just what Avalanche is craving.

Whats with the respect for the devs?, how about some respect for the paying customer, still no patch or patch news despite being told we would at least get some news withing the last week, tbh I surprize myself by continuing to show interest in this, I think the days of dedication to the gamer have gone, it's all about mass marketing now, forget quality so long as it sells.
    I have the power to create catastrophy!

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    I think the days of dedication to the gamer have gone, it's all about mass marketing now, forget quality so long as it sells.
    So long as Valve stands behind the incredible community tools they've released for Half-Life 2, there's still hope!

Nope, no joke, that's what mycoldman told us on June 1st, quoted in full on the first page of this thread.

@ CentroX above, I know you're not completely serious there, but it does hardly seem like their sales are going to improve if they get a reputation as a studio that doesn't patch their buggy games quickly, keep the community in the loop as to progress on those patches, or at the very least release an SDK so the community can fix up their own game! Not that that'd be much use to a lowly console user like me, but at least they'd get a lot of respect from me if they did so. I know, I know, my respect is just what Avalanche is craving.
    A game studio can't just go and release a patch to a game, even if they developed it. The decision to patch a game and when to do so is up to the publisher, in this case Square Enix.

Originally Posted by JustSauce
    A game studio can't just go and release a patch to a game, even if they developed it. The decision to patch a game and when to do so is up to the publisher, in this case Square Enix.
    Okay, maybe I should have worded it a bit differently then, but it doesn't change much of anything from the standpoint of us, the end users. Replace 'reputation as a studio' as 'reputation as a developer and publisher'. Either way, the issue is that whoever releases a game and puts their name on it should fix it when it's needed. Otherwise, all parties involved gain a reputation as being uncaring towards players. Maybe complex corporate policies can take good intentions from the studio and result in mistreatment to the public, but nonetheless, whoever ignores gamers will lose their fan following.

Originally Posted by JustSauce
    Then perhaps Avalanche should have a word with Square Enix before their reputation is further ruined.
    I have the power to create catastrophy!

Originally Posted by RunningBare
    Whats with the respect for the devs?, how about some respect for the paying customer, still no patch or patch news despite being told we would at least get some news withing the last week, tbh I surprize myself by continuing to show interest in this, I think the days of dedication to the gamer have gone, it's all about mass marketing now, forget quality so long as it sells.
    I agree. When we pay $100 for a game and than $5 dollars for dlc (which is cheap mind you, but thats not the point) you expect good customer service. If the game was $20 or $30 i woldnt mind, but if they expect us to possibly buy a jc3, you dont wont your reputation tarnished. And being late and/or lying about news dose not help either!!!!!!!

I dont want to give jc2 a bad name, because its a really good game, and if there is a jc3 i proberly will get it, but other people wont. I guess what im trying to say is:
    BAD SERVICE/COMMUNICATION = LOSS OF PEOPLE = LESS SALES = LESS MONEY

P.S Go the aussies in the soccer we are gonna own all you germans!!!!

15. Thumbs Down

You know what? Forget about a patch for a minute, there is something really bothering the living crap out of me that just requires a ONE OR TWO SENTENCE EXPLANATION from somebody that knows something about this game more than we gamers do.

What am I talking about? Simple. This game's seeming inability to COUNT!! Specifically resource items (parts) and chaos items. There are respawning propaganda trailers, there seems to be more than the supposed 90 statues, and on and on and on. I am stuck on 2,594 resource items and TO THIS DAY I still have no idea if I was or was not supposed to get those six I am missing from the final Agency mission.

So is it a glitch? Was I supposed to get them and the game simply forgot? Do I have another 6 scattered somewhere in the VAST 400 square kilometer landscape? Did Avalanche simply FORGET to put them in the game and I found all there is to find? WHICH IS IT?

I have 90 Baby Panau statues destroyed, but do I actually need 91? Or does the game simply stop caring after the 90 it says I am supposed to get? I have 110 Propaganda trailers, but that is because I destroyed some respawning ones a bunch of times. Am I missing one or two? Does the game stop counting at 90?

Why in the hell, after THREE MONTHS, has not one answer been given to these question.

You know what? Forget the damned patch! I know that a patch takes time. How about some kind of EXPLANATION! Tell us, for instance, if there is a glitch preventing us from getting the last 6 resource items. It would take FIVE SECONDS for someone who works at Avalanche to tell us whether or not a glitch exists in this regard.

WHY? Simple! Because if you tell us THEY ARE NOT THERE, WE WILL STOP SEARCHING FOR THEM AND WAIT FOR THE PATCH!

But tell us! this not knowing because nobody is telling us ANYTHING is just inexcusable.
    I totally agree with what you say. They never respond on this kinda messages. Only if some noob starts another thread about multiplayer, than they respond. Still no news about the LL, i am legend, and this glitch.
    JCS: "How to get your Monster truck down safely from a skyscraper!"
    http://youtu.be/0ZMPhPLLry4

OK, can we have some patch info now please?

Here comes the storm.

Brought this on yourselves tbh devs.
    "More news later this week."
    Yeah. Sure... =|

I knew there wouldn't be any information MCM just promised that to shut us up. He is a cool guy and everything, but all of these blatant lies ..

Direct from the office of the developers:
    lol, really? i don't think they would be quite that rude

don't u just love the way you can edit quotes...
    Joey Cause is my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyCause
    low flyer record: 93seconds

20. @ChiroVette Man, you're a genius XD I love that story, but it is the hard truth...
    JCS: "How to get your Monster truck down safely from a skyscraper!"
    http://youtu.be/0ZMPhPLLry4

Originally Posted by JustCauseStunting
    @ChiroVette Man, you're a genius XD I love that story, but it is the hard truth...
    lol

You guys know I'm probably going to get my ass banned for that, right?

yeah, probably. but it was pretty hilarious and almost worth it

byebye
    Joey Cause is my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeyCause
    low flyer record: 93seconds

There is obviously no patch coming. There was never one for JC1 and there clearly won't be one for JC2. I have lost all faith in Avalanche Studios, and my respect for them has dwindled. They promised a patch, and they even promised some info about it. But did we get any? Of course not. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels silly for believing them. They were just playing us along like fools. I will be selling my game next time I am in town and will not buy any more of their products. How can I when the developers release the game and abandon all technical support? It seems they would much rather release their boring DLC than fix any errors in the game. They need to set their priorities straight.

It would appear that the 69 people who voted no in this topic were correct, including myself.

MyColdMan said on the 1st June that he will go through details of the "patch" during that week. It is now 2 weeks later and not even an "it's coming" comment.

Red Dead Redemption was released on, what, the 29th May? That game was patched a few days ago.
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 also received its second patch a few days ago.

So, I beg the question... JC2 DEVELOPERS, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING? Anybody out there? Nobody at home?

Truly pathetic, Avalanche/Eidos. Truly pathetic.

Originally Posted by supertom
    There is obviously no patch coming. There was never one for JC1 and there clearly won't be one for JC2. I have lost all faith in Avalanche Studios, and my respect for them has dwindled. They promised a patch, and they even promised some info about it. But did we get any? Of course not. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels silly for believing them. They were just playing us along like fools. I will be selling my game next time I am in town and will not buy any more of their products. How can I when the developers release the game and abandon all technical support? It seems they would much rather release their boring DLC than fix any errors in the game. They need to set their priorities straight.

It would appear that the 69 people who voted no in this topic were correct, including myself.

MyColdMan said on the 1st June that he will go through details of the "patch" during that week. It is now 2 weeks later and not even an "it's coming" comment.

Red Dead Redemption was released on, what, the 29th May? That game was patched a few days ago.
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 also received its second patch a few days ago.

So, I beg the question... JC2 DEVELOPERS, WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING? Anybody out there? Nobody at home?

Truly pathetic, Avalanche/Eidos. Truly pathetic.
    Guess you're right. Shame, because I was looking forward to being able to drive that bus around.

System: PS3, 60GB.

Bug/Big Annoyance-
    The problem that I encountered is that the game automatically modified all game settings (control/audio/display) were overridden to the first option. If it was a slider 1-100, it would be set to 1. If it was off/on it was set to off. If you can imagine playing the game with "default" settings and then all of a sudden EVERYTHING was set to the first option, my experience went from enjoyable to unplayable.

Couple of the major impacts immediately noticed were:
    -I couldn't hear any audio (everything was at 1)
    -I could aim or look left/right (static controller) and I couldn't see stats (HUD 1 transparency)

It took me a while to figure out it was the settings that were messed up and not a broken controller or something else. At anyrate, I haven't tried to reproduce but here's what led to this scenario.
    -I recently enabled video captured to On, and set it to auto last 30 Seconds.
    -I played for a couple hours, then after a particular stunt, it said capture was "full" would I like to discard/upload to youtube etc...
    -I declined the youtube discarded the video, and to avoid this obtrusive at the time message from popping up, there was also a context to turn off the video capture (maybe it was part of the discard, I don't recall). At anyrate after I finished and all the dialogue messages were gone, I continued my game driving to a destination, Due to driving with a fixed camera I didn't notice the look analog wasn't working, until I got out of the car. I couldn't aim, when I fired the gun I could barely hear it. Haha, I thought it was a corrupted game state, so I loaded different missions/saves, started a new game, etc...and couldn't hear anything. I tried a different PS3 game, and everything worked fine, finally checked the settings and saw everything was set at the lowest or first available option. Simply setting everything back to default fixed the playability issue. I hope it doesn't happen again, but I know what to do if it does.

I think it may have to do with saving the settings when you modify from the dialogue (turning off video capture) after being prompted to upload to youtube.

Good luck.

~CYD

Page 52 of 81 First First ... 24248495051525354555662 ... Last