Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

i just jumped out of a helicopter and managed to get back in it and land it even thought it was spinning out of control, once i touched the ground i got out and let the blades stop, i then got back in but it wouldnt let me take off, it just span in circles on the ground

Bug (very annoying) : There is a 30 min timer

Now seriously, nobody noticed that (or maybe it is only with my PC version), but the two dudes in the back in the first cinematic are taking a dump in the air... In the air ! Or maybe they're making a fart contest behind their boss...

EDIT: Just to be clear, I was joking about the fact there is no chair where they're supposed to sit. ;p

theyre sitting down dude
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

Originally Posted by brauny
    theyre sitting down dude
    In the air?

But anyways when you touch the ground a lil bit with your plane it instantly explodes so freaking annoying But you can land it upside down without exploding.... Really if they dont fix all of those bugs in this thread and improve the graplle strength, this game will be ed up because of the bugs and I dont want such a beautiful concept to be ruined by all those tiny very annoying things.
    Originally Posted by RIPYOURCARINHALF
    OMG MonkeyBananas back

Different control schemes would be nice. Like southpaw or legacy setups.

Unhappy I second this

Originally Posted by Puzzlebox
    theres a ps3(asian ps3) control bug that the O and X buttons aren't working and you need to press O+X to perform the action, so you can't do melee attacks, can't complete button sequences that involves O and X, no stunt jump, and most of all extremely annoying >
    I'm also having this problem with my asian PS3. Totally sucks cuz the demo looks awesome and I want to play

When I destroy one of those towers in towns (not water towers) when I die and come back and jump onto the platform in the tower I fall through and get stuck in it even though it appers that there if a floor stopping you from falling through

I have found some graphical issues.

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/JustCause2.jpg

Is it something with the game or is it just mine computer? If so, what could be the problem?

The controlls involving when you switch to R1 and L1 (ps3 version). The firing is delayed and you the grapple is messed up when you ever inside of vehicles.

(Edited to include the descriptions in the key by the OP)
    I already made another thread about this, and then i found this one. it's more appropriate here.

(in reference to PS3)
    Because all the other shooters i have (primarily mercenaries 2), i'm used to using R1 to shoot, not R2. Also because when driving a vehicle that allows you to shoot, you must use R1 to shoot then and use R2/L2 for gas/brake, i'd rather have R1 be the primary button for firing throughout the whole game.

I was totally impressed when I found the option to switch the trigger button to my preferred choice, and even more impressed that all the in-game tips show the updated button configuration and not just the default (good job developers!).

1. BIG ANNOYANCE - So I changed it in the settings and I like it much better that way. that means that L2 is now grapple hook, and R2 is evade/run. works great. one problem ....... BIG PROBLEM. I can't use a helicopter with a "wrecking ball" because if i need to descend (L2), it disconnects my grapple hook from the car i have attached to the bottom! It also does this when pressing L2 in a car.

Now, PLEASE fix this for the release or with an update.

All it would take is a separate button for "disconnect grapple hook when driving vehicles"

2. PROBLEM - I'd also like to second the idea for the grapple hook to be able to knock people off motorcycles (including yourself), and stop vehicles (including your own) when stretched across a road.

3. ANNOYANCE - I also agree you need more camera angle authority (range of motion) during freefall.

4. BIG ANNOYANCE - better camera angle/zoom when in freefall (so you don't hit the mountain without knowing it), and when pulling back on parachute.

5. BIG ANNOYANCE - i don't know if i just haven't figured this out yet or if it's a problem, but I don't have much control when freefalling. when base jumping (which should be allowed from a running start as they commonly happen in real life) I only have forward momentum right after the jump and then seem to fall nearly straight down even when leaning forward. i think there should be more control available for this. there are a BUNCH of videos online of people base jumping and "flying" along the contour of the mountain...they have more control over freefall than this in real life.

6. PROBLEM - I'd really like to be able to use more than one double grapple at once. even if it's an upgrade for the grapple later on in the game. example, i want to attach a propane tank to another propane tank and then attach a third propane tank to the second one, or to something else. or even make a chain of people to drag behind your car. maybe you can't do it, and you'd have to figure something else out for how to disconnect the first double grapple (this would work well if my first BIG COMPLAINT happens and they add a different button for it), but it would be cool.

7. PROBLEM - I think it would be cool if in addition to the fun little "statistics challenges" like highest basejump, there was one for longest continuous time under parachute. it would require you to be able to stay in the air, but not necessarily be climbing like the parachute climb challenge. also, longest distance covered during freefall or basejump (since freefall may be too easy if you just climb rediculously high) if the forward control is "fixed" from #5

@phillipp

I also noticed something weird with the firing buttons change.

ANNOYANCE - i have to press R1 really hard to make it fire. i can't just tap it. from my understanding, all PS3 buttons are pressure sensitive, and it seems like the pressure required to make it fire is too much.

no my controller is not messed up

PROBLEM - I may be missing this somehow, but I don't see anywhere that it shows how much damage or "life" your vehicle has. this could be good if you have an opportunity to get another vehicle and don't know if yours is about to blow up or not. a scale of 1 to 100 would be perfect.

BIG ANNOYANCE - and i agree with the people that said the double grapple shouldn't break when you look too far to one side.

BIG ANNOYANCE - when trying to melee someone such as for the pinata kill, i can't stand how he moves during every swing. this makes it pretty much impossible to land multiple hits in a row since you have to reposition every time. he should just stand still. it's ok if he takes a step forward to make it look more natural, but he should return to the same spot he started in.

I don't know why all new games don't have fully customizable controls by now?

Worst Problem is the Disappearing Bodies....7 seconds my Ass!!!!, I told you people before to sign my petition but you all claimed you didn't care, I think some of you care now after playing...

Originally Posted by AssassinAgent47
    I don't know why all new games don't have fully customizable controls by now?
    Yeah, what's up with that?!?

FIX THEE GRAPPLE PLEASE!!
    me and just cause 2

Please please please....

This is the best demo ever made and will be the best game ever made alot of people will agree with me right?

Only two problems

Camera view
    Dead bodies

Make an option in the menu to change the camera view because all the buttons are already used for something else

Dead bodies go after 7 seconds even if your playing with them
    can you make it if your playing with them they do not disapear and if they die whilst you have them grappled to your car the grapple does not snap and the bodie does not disapear

If you fix that i think the game would be even more awsome than it is

Hope you take this into consideration.

20 days to go hopefully you can do it in those 20 days or add it when you release a patch.

Other than that reeeeeeealy good game
    My life is almost complete....Just need just cause 2 :d

(anoyance) iwas in the miltary base with the big under ground fuel tower and when i fell down into one of the pipes going horizontal i got stuck inbetween the pipe and the outside part of it for 10 until i finally restarted the demo. (Also i noticed that you can cause rock slides if you hit rocks while going down a hill.)

lol make helis faster is on top of list.... also included on mine are stronger grapple and higher jump.... the higher jump may not sound like alot but when you are on the roof of a building and need to get up like 2-3 feet and you have to grapple to do it it is tiring..... also when you grapple to a building and hang there they should remove the grapple when you jump off feature.... it is aggravating when you jump off to land on the ground and end up stuck to the side of an enemy tower
    PS3 Slim $300.00 Just Cause 2 $60.00 Ability to Make X-Box 360 Owners Mad Priceless

Originally Posted by aadams1278
    @phillipp

I also noticed something weird with the firing buttons change.

ANNOYANCE - i have to press R1 really hard to make it fire. i can't just tap it. from my understanding, all PS3 buttons are pressure sensitive, and it seems like the pressure required to make it fire is too much.

no my controller is not messed up
    i didn't have that problem but i have noticed that with the controler that came with my ps3 i have to push harder than with the sixaxis dualshock i bought.... there is a diffrence in the quality...... the ones sent with ps3 are a whole lot lighter than the ones you buy at the store...
    PS3 Slim $300.00 Just Cause 2 $60.00 Ability to Make X-Box 360 Owners Mad Priceless

The Camera view is right, after an hour of playing I got used to it
    But you're right about the dead bodies after 5-7 seconds they disappear!
    You can not do anything with them, please EIDOS I believe it might be too late to ask but you can fix this problem?
    The game itself passed my expectations but this little thing will make the game less fun
    I hope you read this and do something about it
    Thanks, HARAZAF

they should consider making the grapple retract while hanging etc
    me and just cause 2

i don't understand why they left it the same as jc1 i thought they've completely renewed the 2.0 thats the only problem in my opinion oh and make the hook stronger in the full game if it isn't already. THANKS FOR MAKING THE BEST VIDEO GAME ON THE PLANET
    me and just cause 2

Originally Posted by jhonny cage
    i don't understand why they left it the same as jc1 i thought they've completely renewed the 2.0 thats the only problem in my opinion oh and make the hook stronger in the full game if it isn't already. THANKS FOR MAKING THE BEST VIDEO GAME ON THE PLANET

True,
    Two main problems are:

1. The Hook is not strong enough and he just snapped in seconds, please do it hard not to tear fast.

2. The dead bodies have disappeared very quickly.

Please fix these two problems and the game will be the best game i ever played

Thanks, HARAZAF

Page 5 of 81 First First 1234567891555 ... Last