Thread: Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

Problems in the game... [update: patch released - read first post!]

I'm having serious problems with freezing on Xbox 360. I've cleared the cache and installed on the drive and it still is freezing up. It only started happening in Mercenary Mode. Hope they can fix this one because I'm getting angry.

Hey, just a couple of things that would make the game better in my opinion.

1. Transport Helicopter drop from the Black Market

2. More variety of vehicles on the Black Market

3. Lower Black Market prices.

4. A garage to store a vehicle or 2

5. Fixing the actual line of the grappling wire. Like you can make a clothes line out of it.

glitch....

vehicle suspensions appear to leave the vehicle and sits there a few feet in front of it
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

Your videos are marked as Private, hkbravo34. We cannot view them.

I was almost killed by a hovering head. I thought it was something far away in the sky, it was like a optical illusion. Then i noticed its just a military guys head only like 5 feet away hovering on a hill and it started shooting at me. I ran up to inspect closer and apparently the body didnt render. Funny sight though.
    I killed.... it.

There is this civilian village called Kampung bunga raya which is at east side of the desert. The co ordinates are - X-11084m Y-24705m.

To get 100% in that settlement, the gas station pumps need to be destroyed which will bring the complete percentage to 79%, then theres the statue that needs to destroyed. I destroy it but it does not register it and the completion percentage stays at 79%.

Ive tried everything including saving it and reloading, restarting the console and reloading the save to see if the statue is still destroyed which it is. So now I have no way to get 100% in that settlement unless I reload another previous game save but then I would have lost two hours of progress. Anyone else come across this glitch and any solutions other than reloading a previous save?

What if I were to continue playing with this settlement at 79%,? Since there is no achievement for 100% in just cause 2, it would not matter if one settlement is still not complete. But are there any rewards for getting all settlements to 100% ? And does completing all settlements to 100% contribute to the overall 100% in just cause 2 and if so are there any rewards for getting 100% in just cause 2?

Originally Posted by RohanNZ
    There is this civilian village called Kampung bunga raya which is at east side of the desert. The co ordinates are - X-11084m Y-24705m.

To get 100% in that settlement, the gas station pumps need to be destroyed which will bring the complete percentage to 79%, then theres the statue that needs to destroyed. I destroy it but it does not register it and the completion percentage stays at 79%.

Ive tried everything including saving it and reloading, restarting the console and reloading the save to see if the statue is still destroyed which it is. So now I have no way to get 100% in that settlement unless I reload another previous game save but then I would have lost two hours of progress. Anyone else come across this glitch and any solutions other than reloading a previous save?

What if I were to continue playing with this settlement at 79%,? Since there is no achievement for 100% in just cause 2, it would not matter if one settlement is still not complete. But are there any rewards for getting all settlements to 100% ? And does completing all settlements to 100% contribute to the overall 100% in just cause 2 and if so are there any rewards for getting 100% in just cause 2?
    Im having exactly the same problem with the ski resort (85%) and the oil rig attacked during the reapers mission (93%).
    i dont think there is any reward for the 100%, since collecting every faction item doesnt unlock anything either.

This game needs more unlockables. The upcoming DLC sould be stuff unlockable after completing faction collections or every settlements in an area instead of stuff we have to pay on the live and in-game...

offshore oilrig cannot be done 100% - stuck at 93%

Hey guys!
    Don't know if just mentioned here, but i cannot reach 100 percent at the oilrig, you have to destroy for a mission! I've looked more than 3hours, but there is for sure nothing more to get! Other oilrigs are no problem!
    salutes zoikoikum

Faction Members & Vehicles

[Tweak/Annoyance] When driving a faction vehicle with a faction member manning the vehicle's gun, the faction member will normally jump out of the vehicle when spotting the enemy, even when moving at high speeds. (also do it when riding with a fellow member) I'd suggest as long as Rico (or driver) is in the vehicle, the faction member remain on the gun for support.

[Suggestion] Possibly allow faction members to be slightly smarter than the military and give them a chance to escape a burning vehicle, (maybe just jump out) and especially not enter a burning vehicle. This way you can save any guys you are riding with and have a chance to move everyone to a new vehicle, instead of leaving everyone to die. It adds to the fun to save one or two guys and keep them alive for a good run.

[Suggestion] Possibly let any faction members on foot automatically enter the vehicle that Rico is either driving, stunt positioned on, or is manning a gun on, as long as he is nearby. (and stopped/slowed) Could also activate if you honk the horn. This way you could pick up any stranded faction members for support or some members located at the strongholds who aren't in guard positions.

[Minor Suggestion] Since you can enter the passenger side of a faction vehicle and be driven around, allow Rico to go into stunt position from the passenger side, or fire from the passenger side like faction members and military.

some how every civilian and every veichle disapered but when i went to the mile high club and shot the bar tenders i died and everyone came back i have no idea what was going on

[Tweak/Annoyance] When driving a faction vehicle with a faction member manning the vehicle's gun, the faction member will normally jump out of the vehicle when spotting the enemy, even when moving at high speeds. (also do it when riding with a fellow member) I'd suggest as long as Rico (or driver) is in the vehicle, the faction member remain on the gun for support.
    Definitely that one.

I have also found that finding the last little thing to complete a location really irritating. A way of knowing what features are left to pick up/destroy would be way better.

Too many posts to read, not sure if this was added:

Bug/Glitch: When Hijacking helicopter the guy hanging on the side has no body just clothes and the pilot is completely invisible. Xbox360.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieReaper33

Unhappy Cars problems

Sorry if these have already been said.

I don't like how easily cars blow up when shot. They only take a few bullets which is crap when trying to escape or have a chase. They just dont take enough damage.
    Same with planes as well, they blow up too much when just touching trees.

Also when your being chased by motor bikes they follow your movments and it feels like they know what your going to do before you move. It's really annoying, the only way to lose them is get them to crash into things. That needs to be sorted.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but: If you damage your vehicle so that the front of it is smashed and kinda peeled back, the lights stay in the same place (in front of the rest of the car). This could easily be fixed by disabling lights when you damage the front of your car beyond a certain point.

Object misplacement, I've noticed this on several occasions like floating rocks, I do not really complain about such things as I know how easily they can be missed with a game on this scale, but this time object misplacement caused Rico some major problems at Kem Udara Wau Pantas military airport, there is a building on the south part below the runway that has a med cabinate, unfortunately it's within the construction, and of course it's one of those buildings that has something this game sorely lacks, no internal, so obviously Rico cannot reach the med cab.

not a promising start

I played only a few hours and encountered the following problems:
    In the very first mission I got stuck inside a building:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-lDe37xuv8
    In the first mission for one of the factions where you have to take over the harbour, I was shot and thrown in the water with no apparent exit and no camera control. I still had no camera control when I restarted or reloaded a game. It took a while to find that the X and Y aim sensitivity had been set to 0 in the controller settings and not by me but by the game!
    PS: I'm playing on PS3 off course.

When the military or music plays sometimes the Audio lags up and repeats its self over and over

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredYT.../6/_8W0_I8bq20
    Look at The Just Cause vid on my page, i didnt knew Dancers can fly xD!

Hey !

JC Fan noticed that some time ago, but it don't seams to be listed in this thread, so here it is : the minimap is messed up when you are near the water, it shows that you are actually IN the water, when you're not :

It can be problematic when you're looking for something on the ground...

Bug

In the mission "Black Gold" the offshore oil rig is already destroyed (perhaps I've roamed there earlier), leaving the progressbar for destroying the rig at 0%. Also the damage I've already done (I've destroyed everything including the tanks, generators, towers, SAMs, the main tower etc.) does't seem to register in the location completion progress - Having collected all boxes I get 31%.

This renders the mission "Black Gold" impossible to complete. Very frustrating, and should surely be concidered a critical bug?

I'm on Xbox 360 btw.

Originally Posted by DjParagon
    Hey !

JC Fan noticed that some time ago, but it don't seams to be listed in this thread, so here it is : the minimap is messed up when you are near the water, it shows that you are actually IN the water, when you're not :

It can be problematic when you're looking for something on the ground...
    lol

MAJOR ANNOYANCE / BUG:
    Traffic stops spawning after 15 minutes or less of gameplay. (Gang and government vehicles do spawn, but no "safe" ones)
    (Xbox 360)

Also, a small bug:
    Whenever someone is talking, it lags about half the time.
    EX: "We have reports of viole-viole-viole-violence in the area. All uni-uni-units please respond"

And another bug, although I've only come across this once:
    I had a tractor parked by the road, and whenever I looked at it, Rico would automatically jump on top.

One more minor annoyance:
    When I grapple to the roof of a car and it honks, the car/cars in front of it veer to the right, sometimes hitting government stuff, and I get the blame for it.

Xbox 360 has No Option to Toggle On and Off Vsync, Need Option Implemented via Patch.

Need the Ability to Move Around in the Crouching Position.

No Ammo Drops.
    Just Cause 2 Xbox 360 Needs an Option to Turn On and Off Vsync!
    Need Ability to Move Around in the Crouching Position and Ammo Drops!

For the Faction mission: Black Gold, if you start destroying the Oil Rigger and die in the mission, or destroy the rig before starting the mission, then there is no way to complete that mission afterwards because the things you have destroyed do not reappear. I have completely destroyed everything which should give me 100%, but I only have 4% completed because I was using an Eclipse jet the first time I started that mission and blew up after destroying most of it, making it impossible to complete. This is a huge inconvenience because I do not want to start the whole game over since I am already in Mercenary Mode and I have been waiting ever since the first day for a patch for it but there has not been one. Please patch this.

I am adding that I am playing this game on the PS3 if that helps at all too.

Page 31 of 81 First First ... 2127282930313233343541 ... Last