View Poll Results: Are you excited about the new Lara Croft game?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!! A brand new Lara game!

41 37.27%
  • I am excited but only if it turns out to be a full game

11 10.00%
  • I am not sure till I get more information on it

30 27.27%
  • No. I care more about the TR series than spinoffs

21 19.09%
  • No. The released title and/or Logo are not good

7 6.36%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you excited about Lara croft and the Guardian of light?

meh doesnt seem like a spoiler to me lol quoting a wierd woman can mean anything, she could be naming your shoes your son lol
    "Die Potato" "Not today!"
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    meh doesnt seem like a spoiler to me lol quoting a wierd woman can mean anything, she could be naming your shoes your son lol
    I didn't know what to call her lol so I call her the weird woman!

She's talking to the children of the night! I have no idea what that means but it just appeared in my head!

Voted, "Yes!! A brand new Lara game!"

AND there is few things that i'm expecting to get in this game,

1st: keep underwater levels and DON'T remove Harpoon.

2nd: lots of hard puzzles and even harder puzzles for relics and artifacts.

3rd: keep lara's moves from Underworld and bring back the back-flip from Anniversary and add new moves as well (one move i'm thinking of right now is the ability to run toward a wall then take 2 or 3 steps up this wall and flip back (like keanu reeves in matrix) while firing her dual pistols at the enemy chasing her)

And of course to keep the ability to turn off all the icons in the game (all of them or one of them) and this strange-looking icon that appears under the enemies in the new screen shots! and for me i'd like to have the ability to toggle the guns in or out from Anniversary, i don't like to keep holding a botton to keep the guns out while fighting, please

That is all, i have a strong faith in you guys at CD and i have high hopes for this new Tomb Raider, i can't wait already to get it

Thanks for your hard work guys.

Oh, i also want to add that i'm considering this game to be as a taking-a-break from our normal Tomb Raider with a new game play style for The Guardian of Light, but STILL i'm expecting to get a new normal Tomb Raider game packed with all Tomb Raider awesomeness any time soon this year.

I'm kinda bummed it's digital-download only but I get why. This is a sick way to keep us busy before TR9. I'm all Tomb Raider ecstatic again. Not to mention, I haven't felt this way since the debut trailer/announcement of Tomb Raider Anniversary (ya Underworld didn't hyped me as much).

when you say sick way do you mean the 'yeah sick blud' in a positive sense or sick as in this is disgusting

if its the former, im with ya i think its great

if its the latter, would you rather have nothing to keep you entertained in the mean time?

not sure what ya mean so i can't say lol
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    when you say sick way do you mean the 'yeah sick blud' in a positive sense or sick as in this is disgusting

if its the former, im with ya i think its great

if its the latter, would you rather have nothing to keep you entertained in the mean time?

not sure what ya mean so i can't say lol
    Lol I obviously meant it all positive. Then again with no emoticons to support it, it does seem neutral haha my bad.

STOKED

lol awesome dude most bodacious
    signature image

Not too interested. I'd rather have some news about the main game than a random spin-off that strikes me as a copy-cat of the Lego game franchises.
    Humanity is not a species or a race, it is a STATE OF MIND.

Okay so this is a digital download only? well does this mean its NOT TR:9? and if it's not how come CD is wasting time creating this one when they could be working on TR:9?? i'm so confused D:
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Okay so this is a digital download only? well does this mean its NOT TR:9? and if it's not how come CD is wasting time creating this one when they could be working on TR:9?? i'm so confused D:
    They're working on TR:9 AND this one ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by needmorepillows View Post
    They're working on TR:9 AND this one ^__^
    okay whew lol, i was like "CMON!" it's been damn near 2 years and NOT one word about TR... so i'm thinkin that when they do release some info on TR:9 it's gonna be EPIC, they are doing a great job keeping it secret i can't wait <3 (and maybe this one'll be worth checking out ^.^)
    signature image

Think they would have been better releasing this as a TR for the hand held consoles or a second disk for the next full TR game. It's so out there and different that I wonder if on it's own it will work. Theres high expectations and no normal style TR to buffer fan responces.

A lot of the TR fans will expect this to be at the standard of a full TR game. I would worry many will judge it like that and not as a side-game. A huge ammount of focus will be on this so fingers crossed it's going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraRocks2 View Post
    Because then while most are devouring this Guardian business CD can keep extremely quite on the front of the next TR game... Thus giving us no information and keeping the story and characters secret unit a couple of months before release.

It's really not that hard to keep games a secret and this should be the case.

All they need to do is release one good emotional trailer that shows nothing of the game but is a mere tech demo of the tech behind it and it will most likely keep people interested for a couple of years longer. Granted, the trailer for TR won't really need a tech demo as the tech behind it won't be mind blowing like the tech behind an exclusive game. Still, make it emotional and show they are focusing on emotional involvement and I'll buy it without a doubt.

when i hear more, possibly yes.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Because then while most are devouring this Guardian business CD can keep extremely quite on the front of the next TR game... Thus giving us no information and keeping the story and characters secret unit a couple of months before release.
    A diversion for the real game. Now that does seem clever.

Hello everybody !

For my own, I don't really know if I'm excited by GoL... Part of me isn't, because of this strange view and gameplay, but, I have to say that I'm also, a few, excited, just because it's a TR game, and also because, now the time passed, and I'm not like "Ah what is this cr*p ! I hate this game", and I'm more focused on the funny part of GoL.

PS : Excuse me, I don't speak english very well, I'm from France and I'm a brand new member on this forum

Welcome NicoCroft!

Off topic - but your username reminds me of the old broken sword games... in a good way of course

Hell yeah! I'm excited about this new game!!! But some gameplay trailers would be nice for us to see what this is really about 'cause those screenshots didn't really do it...

(And some TR9 news would be great too!!!)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ants_27_ View Post
    Welcome NicoCroft!

Off topic - but your username reminds me of the old broken sword games... in a good way of course

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    But some gameplay trailers would be nice for us to see what this is really about 'cause those screenshots didn't really do it...
    I think -going by games like this- it could play something along the lines of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ssqs2igyzA - sorry for quality though.

@NicoCroft, to be fair even if I know someone with the name of George they remind me of Broken Sword!

No. I care more about the TR series than spinoffs.
    Http://Gamer4Lyfe.1up.com

Here’s my humble opinion on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light based on what I’ve seen so far.

Pros:

+ More Lara Crofting on the way.
    Good, she’s not dead.

+ Its Lara Croft, but not Tomb Raider.
    Moving her beyond the Tomb Raider franchise I think is a good idea and shouldn’t be limited to this game alone. Spin offs of the series can allow the developers to try new things, evolving the concept and the character without hurting the traditional Tr-gameplay (not that I care a great deal about that but people do) and alltogether she can appeal to a larger audience. Obviously whether it is the traditional Tomb Raider or not there should still be a great deal of tombs and ancient mysteries involved and I am not saying they should make “Lara Croft Kart” or “Lara Croft Dance Dance Revolution” (boy, that would be something, well maybe as an unlockable extra to get some laughs) but I would love it if a Lara Croft based spin off, if well-crafted, would follow the path of Legend and focus on a somewhat simpeler, slightly more action based gameplay. Who knows? LCGOL might be the first step towards that.

+ Developer finaly having the stomach to try new things.
    Multiplayer, manual aiming, overhead camera, all new and daring stuff. Obviously I have no clue yet as to how that is going to work out, and I have issues with some of the specifics of that, but some change I think is needed. And I feel that changes like these would have been made –or at least tried out- over the last five to seven years in similar, but less conservative franchises.

+ The flamethrower!
    FWOOOSSSHHH!

Cons:

- Story of LCGOL.
    One of my favourite games at the moment is Assassins Creed 2, which is by the way a great example of a game series that is willing to make changes to improve itself. Anyway, it has a very well written, complex story. I don’t expect every game story to be of Shakespearean magnitude, but right now the story of LCGOL feels like an Indiana Jones episode written for 6 year olds and the title reminds me of a Christian propaganda film. But that of course is my preliminary conclusion and besides, I can live with that since its going to be a low-profile downloadable game. I will expect something much better from a ‘real’ Tr game though.

Like I said, some of the specifics of the changes being made don’t appeal to me, though I am in general glad that the developers are willing to make them. Nevertheless I’ll list them here:

- A Maya warrior...
    I am not overly fond of this Tlolec whats his name... But since we don’t necceserily have to play him its not much of a problem either.

- Spiders.
    Again?? I do like the Satyrs though...

I thought there would be more things I didn’t like but it appears thats it.

In general I am rather optimistic about this one, albeit with a certain carefulness. Anyway I wish Crystal D the best of luck.

I am actually looking forward to the upcoming game. At first anyone that hears the words "Tomb Raider" with "Multiplayer" is going to jump back and say "That's never going to work" however I have a very good comback to all of this "IT'S LARA CROFT!" I think the main worry to lots of people was that the game wasn't going to be about Lara, but from the articles I read, this sounds like it may work.

Plus this is an extra game they're not having this game only. And for the price it's a bargin!
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

I am wondering how long it will take until we will hear or see something about tr9.
    signature image

That was a great post Jurre. I agree with all your 'pros'. Your largest con was the story which I thought you eliminated it anyway by saying:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    I can live with that since its going to be a low-profile downloadable game. I will expect something much better from a ‘real’ Tr game though.
    Plus the spiders were pretty popular in Underworld, and they haven't been used much otherwise. The skeleton enemies were certainly featured in quite a few games. Did people say "Argh, not skeletons again!"?

I am looking forward to the game, but I'm keeping tabs on myself so I don't get overly hyped like with Underworld.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast