Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Here it is, the official "How can I help a new LOK game be created?" thread.

Defiance was fine. Blood Omen 2 on the other hand...

But seriously - every game in the series had it's own problems. SR2 was painfully linear with ridiculous dose of backtracking, Defiance offered a radical change in gameplay that not everyone liked (it still is my second favourite - right after SR1). Blood Omen 2 was a huge problem in itself .

We all have our own oppinion. But let's not use this thread for discussing the games.

Well it's good to see that Legacy of Kain is reaching 200 votes =)

Whew! Added a few notations to the list. You guys should be thanking Paradoks, he's helping out a lot here. Also, if you have an idea, no matter how ridiculous it may seem, post it! If you don't want the public eye to see it send me a PM and we'll talk over whether it should be added to the list.
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel'sRevenge View Post
    Whew! Added a few notations to the list. You guys should be thanking Paradoks, he's helping out a lot here.
    I'm just doing what I think is necessary. It's the Community as a whole that can make a real difference. Remember - we are legion.

I would like to point everyone to point 14 and write a few words about it, since I think it needs a little more attention. And it was my idea, so I think that I need to explain a few things and answer some questions that may arise. And big thanks to Raziel's Revenge for getting the allowance for posting that link .

1. the reason
    If we can't convince Eidos directly, then we should try an indirect way. I believe that trying to get the games available for sale again is our best chance right now. Eidos is still earning money from older titles of other franchises - Tomb Raider, Thief, Deus Ex and Hitman. LoK is not earning anything right now (except US PSN and a very few places in the world where it still is available in stores), because it is not available in any DD store right now (unlike other titles that I mentioned). If LoK can earn some additional income, that may cause Eidos to reconsider the market value of the franchise.

2. digital distribution services
    I'm refering to the PC versions of the games right now. There are many services that sell PC games digitally. These include Steam (definitely the largest of all of them), Direct2Drive, GamersGate, Impulse and GOG (Good Old Games). Once the title is available in one place, it usually becomes available in other places some time later.
    It would be the best to have LoK titles on as many of these as possible, preferably starting with Steam since it can reach the widest audience. But there is no way anyone of us can affect Steam, and this is where GOG comes in.

3. why GOG
    There are several reasons why I suggested this particular service. I'll be perfectly honest - the first one was the fact that it is my personal favourite DD service, but if it was the only reason I wouldn't even bother mentioning it.
    GOG is the only service I'm aware of, that actually has a system that allows requesting games. If there is an interest in some particular title - the guys behind the service will contact the rights owners and try to make the game available for purchase.
    Besides, LoK games fit there perfectly (older titles - both critically acclaimed (SR1) and under-appreciated sales-wise (Defiance)).
    There was a conference last Thursday (once the video is available I will post the link). The part that we should be interested in - the guys behind the service said that they expect all major publishers to be there at some point in not so distant future, and that they will be focusing on the games from the top of the wishlist. So our votes do count.

4. the wishlist
    The wishlist itself is unfortunately a mess, but don't be deceived - it still serves it purpose. It's the GOG team's job to gather the information from it. Just follow the guidelines in the first post of this thread.

5. legal info
    I realise that this may look like advertising (the main reason why it needed verification "from above"), so I must write a few words of explanation here. I am not affiliated with GOG in any way (besides coming from the same country). I don't earn anything by referring people to the site. You can visit the forums there, and see that I have a normal (not staff) account (with the same username and avatar). I am not asking people to buy anything. Once you have voted, you can turn off the email notifications in your account settings and forget that the site even exists.
    Creating an account and voting will not cost you anything, and it won't take long.
    The site is legal. You have my word, but if you don't believe me I can provide evidence (feel free to send me a PM).
    And believe me - I will support LoK titles on any digital distribution service. Once the games are available - then it will be a time to vote with our wallets.

Thank you in advance for your time, and please - help spread the word.

Just added 3 more suggestions, and I'm always open to more! Remember, these are only good if someone takes up the initiative to actually go through with some of them! Of the 17 listed I'm sure you can find time for at least 1
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)

Raziel, thanks for posting this thread, it's very useful, I would buy a new LoK game instantly if it came out, and I will try and write a letter to the London address that was posted above somewhere, also I will write an email.

P.S. Can I just suggest if you don't already know, there are tons of LoK fans on Youtube that comment on LoK videos etc., who have kind of given up hope on the series and think it's dead; directing them to this forum would be a great idea. I alone used to look at LoK videos on youtube and I totally didn't know that there is such a strong fanbase here on Eidos and also I'm sure that lots of fans don't even know what forums are and therefore can't even contribute so if you have any thoughts of how to maybe direct them here, feel free to post

Anyways, I firmly believe that a new LoK will be made and I will never show pessimism about it because it simply doesn't help.

Luves x

Sir you bring up good points! I'll be adding to the list!

I have to say...a new LoK would be highly appealing to me. I just recently went out and got the entire series all over again and played til I beat them all. It's one series I will forever own now. I even went out and got a clan Raziel tattoo mirrored on my feet.

Just added #20 guys...

Also: welcome to the forums Verdican!

I read tons and tons of comments and forum entries of people who are crying for a new one. They produce so much , like the new tomb raider, I can speak all along with the dialogues of all games and there was no other game that could make me do that and it never will. I want at least the one they started to make. Then they can make more if they want. And I dont mean only Eidos I mean the whole industry. It just went downward. I spoke to so many gamers, disappointed by the developers, and they just want some games that have th spirit of the PSX or PS2 ones.

Anacrothe, I do believe that we're going to get along well lol

Alright dudes, just did my part on point 14).... Man...even Umah was supposed to appear in Defiance....so much storyline put aside.... I CRAVE FOR A NEW GAME!!!

Just added #21 to the list...

Waiting for another version from LoK Series

Ive written a mail hope they read it

Hey peeps, long time no see!

Having a thread in my own forum about movies based on computer games that we like. I said I can't honestly think of one that I enjoy but commented on how good a LOK cgi movie might be. I'd prefer a game (though with the current market's mass influx of reboots and remakes there could easily be a remake which they've done with TR) to a movie though

Speaking of new games, perhaps a remake would be good for the reason that most people working on it probably wouldn't be too keyed with the mammoth story and the intricacies it holds and that it is simply too difficult to get another game going because it's nearly impossible to do something that doesn't contradict itself! A remake would give them a chance to iron out plot holes and start again for a new generation on the new consoles also.

Yay!
    Drink and be merry!

Honestly I'd hate to see a remake where they go through and change the plot. If a remake were to be made, then all I'd really be looking for is improved graphics, perhaps a few extras to find on the side, and the inclusion of previously cut materials (this goes for any of the games, Soul Reaver 1 especially). If they remade the games and took it as an opportunity to fill plot holes by changing the flow of the story, even subtly, then honestly I'd feel like I was cheated. I'd be quite upset if my playing through and memorizing five games worth of material (not to mention a ridiculously large amount of outside information) was suddenly negated to make things easier to wrap up.

I bought Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver from PSN network. I think there is some hope, since Crystal Dynamics recently said in an interview that they "definitely hear" the fans. And I really want to thank Raziel'sRevenge for his effort here. Thank you sir.

No problem madforraziel! It's my pleasure, and thanks for bringing in the good news. Granted, it's no official announcement of a new game, but any hint that Crystal Dynamics is still aware of our existence is a step in the right direction. Also: welcome to the forums!

im new here read this got inspired got the first sr on psn and i have all the lok series on pc ^_^_^_^_^ gonna get that bo1 next on psn store cmon remake

Hey there Razieltheavenger! It's always good to see a new face around here. Keep up the good work and enjoy the new games (oh, and Blood Omen 1 is a must-have, even if the plot isn't nearly as thick as the other games it's still amazing. See if you can get all the secrets!)

It's good to see that this thread is still going. And I still think it should be a sticky .
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but I ultimately decided that this will be the best place (even though it does not really contribute to this thread because I'm not suggesting anything new, so I apologise in advance).

Everyone reading this thread should be aware of "Favourite Eidos Series" poll. It started more than four years after Defiance was released. And today - more than six years after the latest game's release, six years with no official word or even a hint about a sequel (except the information with a tag "cancelled", which is hardly encouraging), the series has gained the same amount of votes, as it has in the previous poll, during it's days of glory.
    If that does not show our support than I don't know what does. And I really think that ignoring such support would be irrational on Eidos' part.

Keep the faith .

Thumbs Up Sticky it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    It's good to see that this thread is still going. And I still think it should be a sticky .
    All you had to do was ask.

Maybe offer me a cookie too!
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Umah Bloodomen View Post
    All you had to do was ask.

Maybe offer me a cookie too!
    Well, I wasn't the creator of the thread, so the only thing that I could do was to give my personal opinion on the matter . But thank you .

Oh, and the cookie, yes... well... I don't have any cookies... But I can offer a glass of good semi-sweet blood (AB+, the "donor" wasn't smoking when he was alive)

Umah, I offer you my greatest thanks and bestow upon you one cookie, baked especially with you in mind!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast