Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: First screenshots are up

First screenshots are up

Someone on Joystiq said airport.
    Or a train station.

they look like they were scanned from a mag :S

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    They're keeping it for not spoiling the game , Kojima Style ...

Turns out Shanghai is just six of the twenty four chapters of Dog Days ...

Marvelous ...
    Got the source for this?
    Hope they're a bit longer... Still no match for fast gamers xD but still... won't mind the length!
    No siggie to display... move along...

That so looks like an airport...

Will they call it "No Wu/Mandarin"?

Anyway, they look pretty dark, hopefully there are some missions during a day.

they look like they were scanned from a mag :S
    Yep, new visual style is not so good looking in static. So wait for game-play trailer.

Originally Posted by Acid Burn
    So wait for game-play trailer.
    Why did the word "wait" have to be put in there? I'm living in America--I've been trained to demand things NOW!

I seriously am excited to see it in motion.

the rifles in this shot:
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2024/kl2dec04.jpg

look like knock-off chinese AK-47's ... I'm not sure though

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    the rifles in this shot:
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2024/kl2dec04.jpg

look like knock-off chinese AK-47's ... I'm not sure though
    They look like a cross between a AKS-74U and a Gaili Assault Rifle.

Exactly... Nice find on the AKS... I think it's a modified version of that rifle. I think they've really gone crazy with the gun attachments this time around. Me likey.

This could also mean that there is Fragile Alliance customization? Crossing my fingers now lol

I hope so. I hated the default The7 skins in the original Fragile Alliance.

I think many people on the forum would all agree with my opinion that Fragile Alliance "needs more suits."

I GOT A FEVER, AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION IS MORE SUITS!

We NEED the pink balaclava.

Yeah, I think that more you level up the better clothes you have but straight from the start you have few good choices. Anyone played Metal Gear Online? That game has cool customization where you get points for playing game and than you trade the points for clothing items.

We NEED white suits

I think we need a better weapon customization/buy system this time around as well. Three packages didn't really cut it, also, you knew the most expensive with the Hockey Mask and SIG-552 was the best of them all. I'd like to see some variety, each pack with its strengths and weaknesses.

Edit: I play MGO! Whats your name on it patty?

Agree. Yeah, I honestly would love to see a shotgun in FA. Sure it's powerful but its short range makes it equal to any other riffle.

I think I would take an assault rifle over a shotgun in fragile alliance... It's more precise and the reload time is much less.

However in the normal game versus ai enemies the shotgun wreaks utter havoc to clusters of enemies.

Yeah but imagine, one nice headshot with a shotty to a merc next to you thinking you're Mr. Nice Guy...I'm sure there will be a lot of complaining. Oh well, as long as they don't put in rocket launchers I'm fine.

hmm, I'm just saying lol

Thumbs Up

Originally Posted by Unpaid Intern
    Shanghai is known for it's smoggy atmosphere. I don't think this was case in the trailer but what you are seeing in the first screen is simply how contrast drops-off very quickly in foggy images, making the 'unfoggy' elements in the foreground stand out. ex:

BTW: what do you guys suppose the location in the 3rd screen is? Someone on Joystiq said airport.
    Arso , thanks for the explanation , seeing as how they paid attention to the foggy atmosphere makes the game even more Marvelous ...

As for the third screenshot it looks more like a subway / train station than an airport ...
    But in any case , it'll be very interesting to see how would IO deliver their version of the stupidly famous "No russian" ...

Big Grin

Originally Posted by Falkenwut
    Got the source for this?
    Yes ... you were reading it , silly ...

I think the airport pic is a possible Fragile Alliance screenshot.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

airports and subways were a big thematic element in Michael Mann's films... perhaps it's some sort of homage?

Yeah possibly.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: blood asylum

Big Grin

So ...

The locations are homages to Heat and Collateral ...
    The visual style and story are inspired by Miami Vice ...
    Kane's smoking has got nothing to do with The Insider ...
    A new gang of ruffians will call themselves the 'Manhunters' ...
    The fact that the game will once again Not have any black characters could be a reference to Ali's poor reception ...
    And ...
    The ending will probably be straight out of Public Enemies (that or at one point Lynch dresses like if it was the thirties and wields a Tommy Gun ... Marvelous)...

Crap , i just made a fake spoiler , again ...

Heat starts in a Subway and ends in an Airport (well, the runway anyways). Collateral begins in an airport and ends in the subway.

Exclamation

Yes and ? ...

Wait , are you trying to spoil those who haven't seen those movies yet ?! ...

GET HIM ! ...

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last