Thread: How many playthroughs of B:AA?

How many playthroughs of B:AA?

Originally Posted by JD_Method
    Damnit, you're so close to the end too!
    I know man, but it's so hard. You not only have to kill the plant thing but deal with henchmen too. I've got every upgrade in order to make the battle easier but it still won't help because I suck at this game. On easy mode.
    So I started a new game so I can enjoy looking through the Asylum. Picking up riddles and such.

Originally Posted by E.Nygma
    I envy you guys. :/ How can you enjoy replaying a game when you remember each scene? And even the one less gifted in terms of memory, -would- remember the game very well after 5 playthroughs....
    Do you never watch the same movie twice or re read a book? You do it for the experience not bc you forgot the story. Thats why I've read The Dark Knight Returns 2-3 times a year for I don't know how many years. I go back for the gameplay and to play as my favorite fictional character. I remember the story and the scenes but that doesn't make it any less awesome.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

I did 2 playthroughs and plan to do another in the very near future.
    Multi Color.

Originally Posted by Pogo
    Sadly, I am atrocious at computer games. All games.
    I got this game on the very day it came out and I'm still stuck on the Poison Ivy boss battle.
    Something I discovered that made this level a heck of a lot easier is that your batarangs hurt Ivy even when her shield is up. So just keep throwing batarangs! When you've got the henchmen at you, just run around, punch punch, get up to 3x then throw batarang (automatically goes to the highest threat, which is Ivy), rinse and repeat. Ivy's actually one of the easiest bosses for me, now.
    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

Originally Posted by Hall E Woode
    Something I discovered that made this level a heck of a lot easier is that your batarangs hurt Ivy even when her shield is up. So just keep throwing batarangs! When you've got the henchmen at you, just run around, punch punch, get up to 3x then throw batarang (automatically goes to the highest threat, which is Ivy), rinse and repeat. Ivy's actually one of the easiest bosses for me, now.
    Simplified version: Don't ever stop throwing Batarangs. You can ignore the guys and they will more than likely get killed by Ivy anyways. Just dodge and throw Batarangs the whole time...it's cake.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    Simplified version: Don't ever stop throwing Batarangs. You can ignore the guys and they will more than likely get killed by Ivy anyways. Just dodge and throw Batarangs the whole time...it's cake.
    Thanks for the translation.
    Please, Eidos, let all future DLC be for all regions and consoles. I promise, if you do this, the next time the generation leaps, I will go the Playstation route.

Originally Posted by Nemesis296
    I'm a complete dunce though. I can't keep throwing batarangs and avoiding the shooting vines and whatnot. It's a nightmare.
    Sooner or later I'll beat her though, but rest assured it will be pure luck.

Originally Posted by Hall E Woode
    Thanks for the translation.
    No problemo

Pogo, what console/platform are you playing on? The only way I can think this would be hard is if you're on PC with no controller.
    PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

1...this game has no replay value...I just got bored after beating it 1 time.

Originally Posted by Black-Xero
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Originally Posted by Black-Xero
    for me i just loved the story, and everytime i replay the game i pick up something new, on my third playthrough i realized that you could put explosive on the ceiling, it just makes the experience better, if thats possible
    "All men have limits. They learn what those limits are and then they learn not to exceed them. I ignore mine.." - batman

Just the once for me - Envy me and the fact I have a life!
    Nahh I'm just kidding, I just played the challenge rooms extensively after the story and then moved on to other games. I should go back sometime.

More than 6x for me.
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

Originally Posted by SammiiDoogles
    Envy me and the fact I have a life!
    Says the Batman forum moderator.

Originally Posted by JD_Method
    Says the Batman forum moderator.
    Sh, I get bullied for that!

5 times for me but I play the challenges pretty much every day. I don't think I'll ever get bored of this game.

I never realized that Ivy gets hurt with the batarangs even when the plant is closed. I'll have to remember that because she gave me a hard time on Hard mode.

4 playthroughs now going on my 5th

I've played through the game four times. I am looking forward to Batman II, I liked the teaser trailer and am now wandering what happens between the games.
    XBOX 360 Gamer Tag:
    http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/Stargate21.png

I know man, but it's so hard. You not only have to kill the plant thing but deal with henchmen too. I've got every upgrade in order to make the battle easier but it still won't help because I suck at this game. On easy mode.
    So I started a new game so I can enjoy looking through the Asylum. Picking up riddles and such.
    When you're fighting just keep using the quick batarang and when the henchmen come into play just counter them and jump out of the way and keep hitting Ivy.
    "Your life is governed by fear every decision you make is a product of that fear"

Just dodge dodge dodge. Her plants will take care of the henchmen. I just beat her on Hard today for the first time and I found it to be the easiest boss fight by far (Bane, conversely, was so hard I stopped playing for a couple months).
    "Sleep? That bed is a coffin and those are winding sheets. I do not sleep I die." - Captain Ahab

I've only finished BAA twice. I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune eight times, and still haven't beat Uncharted 2.

Gotta say, I'm very disappointed with U2.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

I beat it for my 5th or 6th time tonite!
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

1x on Normal (100% completion), still have to start a playthrough on Hard. From the videos on youtube, Hard mode looks to be no more challenging than Normal. I'll do it eventually, but just for the achievement. I sure wish there were more costumes or bonuses to motivate me on the second run.

The challenge modes are still fun though, my goal was to hit top 10 on the leaderboards and I did it a while back, so now its just about finding new ways to fight like the No Evasion Counter Crazy Style
    Beware of the Knight.

Originally Posted by EliteF50
    Gotta say, I'm very disappointed with U2.

What don't you like about it? I thought it was an amazing game.

Originally Posted by CaptainMcMulla
    So, how many times have you played through the game. Im currently on my 7th playthrough the only game to rival that is Uncharted 2 with 6 playthroughs
    Once, and now trying a second play through on Hard Difficulty.
    "If you don't like the movie, I've got slides..."

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last