Thread: Harrier jet

Harrier jet

Originally Posted by Hobodealer
    I couldn't find a picture link for this vehicle, but its on the JC2 gallery and it's a black jet from a birds eye view. I was wondering what the name was?
    On a review I read it was a Silverbolt, but they could've been talking about another one.

In real life it's a SU-47 "berkut"

Ok guys, you know they don't even have licences for real names but this thing is just based on a Harrier. Little changes in it's look mean nothing. It's the same with the Berkut, it's more pointy and looks a bit like a prototype, but just because it's a fictional copy based on a Berkut.
    Anyway, I still hope it has VTOL capabilities. What would a Harrier-like plane do there if it was just another normal fighter?
    Everything should be a sandbox

Originally Posted by Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
    Ok guys, you know they don't even have licences for real names but this thing is just based on a Harrier. Little changes in it's look mean nothing. It's the same with the Berkut, it's more pointy and looks a bit like a prototype, but just because it's a fictional copy based on a Berkut.
    Anyway, I still hope it has VTOL capabilities. What would a Harrier-like plane do there if it was just another normal fighter?

couldnt have said it better...totally agree.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

We need some gameplay of it hovering to comfirm it's VTOL.
    Official Chaos Addict.

i realy hope it can take off vertically and something else that realy bothers me in many games with planes.. the wheels are realy ugly..i mean lading gear .... i mean the whole plane looks beautifull and then when you look at the wheels they look like some crappy gray painted wooden wheels that dont even move when you taxi the plane
    not that its realy bad or somthing but its somthing that every games almost has and i think its time for a change so JC2 will have NICE RIMS ON THE PLANES
    Insert Coin Here --> [===========] <-- and make me rich

Originally Posted by deathlaroy
    Not shore about what its called in the game but i felt this question was important enough to start a thread about it.

Does the Harrier have vertical and horizontal takeoff and landing IN THIS GAME?
    i think so because the blue jet flame looks like its coming from underneath the plane instead of behind it
    DLC!DLC!DLC!

now i look at it again I'm not so sure it might just be a blue light under the plane
    DLC!DLC!DLC!

Originally Posted by Hobodealer
    We need some gameplay of it hovering to comfirm it's VTOL.
    definitely....will probably see some new action in 2010

Originally Posted by dills
    i think so because the blue jet flame looks like its coming from underneath the plane instead of behind it
    Nice spot, I think you're right. Even though it looks like it's pointing away not down, I'm sure it will be adjustable.
    Official Chaos Addict.

I think this will do VTOL. There's dozens of other fighter jets to chose from IRL so the only real justification for putting this craft in the game is to have VTOL capabilties.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Yes, that's what I thought. And that pic definitely looks like it's in vertical mode, but not 100% clear. What I fear the most is some kind of dumbed down feature that makes you ONLY take off and land vertically, I mean, automatic mode change and no vertical gameplay. Ahh, my fears...
    Everything should be a sandbox

Originally Posted by JAGeng
    Im sure that it will, or why else would they add that particular plane with those particular properties if it wouldnt be able to be used as VTOL.
    told you....

''I think this will do VTOL. There's dozens of other fighter jets to chose from IRL so the only real justification for putting this craft in the game is to have VTOL capabilties''

Originally Posted by Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
    Yes, that's what I thought. And that pic definitely looks like it's in vertical mode, but not 100% clear. What I fear the most is some kind of dumbed down feature that makes you ONLY take off and land vertically, I mean, automatic mode change and no vertical gameplay. Ahh, my fears...
    i would like it better that way because in sa i have no idea how it decided when it was in straight up and down mode and plane mode, it was so frustrating
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

yeah, it was kinda hard to figure out how you change between the modes.
    but as soon as i found out that you do it with the right stick (hold up/down) it wasn't a problem anymore...
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

same here and then i used the harrier all the time and it was no problem, maybe theyll use the same "(hold up/down)'" controls as SA maybe hmm
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

Originally Posted by Colonel Earnel
    yeah, it was kinda hard to figure out how you change between the modes.
    but as soon as i found out that you do it with the right stick (hold up/down) it wasn't a problem anymore...
    o thats how u did it. it jus random for me and i never figured that out lol
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Brauny is right.

either way id love flying a harrier in this game whether or not it has VTOL capabilities. Its just one of those thing that make the game SO much better.

@ Brauny, it seems that YOU are the only person that had troubles on sa. i personally had no problems at all!
    This user is gone... packed up and left. Sorry

hese not alone in this one haha
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

You know VTOL would be great, so you could land on a sky-scraper, mabe for a mission.

Knowing how great the Devs & MyColdMan are especially on these forums to, why don't we ask MyColdMan if the Harrier Jet has VTOL capabilities?
    My Rico's in a bad way.. Had to sell grapple & parachute just to afford food n drink expenses let alone his PDA for a sleeping bag and tent.. Lower BM prices for Rico

Also I hope you can take in the wheels, on just cause 1 it looked so stupid flying a jet and then seeing the wheels out.

I think you can raise the wheels because on this picture notice it has wheels on the wings, and on the other pictures of it flying you can't see the wheels

Yeah, I think in one of the trailers you can see landing gear being taken in.

yes we can bring the landing gear up, theres pic of planes without the landing gear down
    Brauny is right.

Thank GOD, I was hoping that that would happen.

Page 2 of 4 First First 1234 Last