Thread: Your Thoughts on the new trailer

Your Thoughts on the new trailer

Can anyone tell if the voice actors for the trailer are the same as the voice actors for Kane and Lynch from the first game?

They both sound a bit different, but its probably just due to the time that has passed and different acting direction.

Cool

For Kane it's a bit harder to tell due to a lack of sufficient clear dialog , though i'm ready to bet that it's still the same actor / Brian Bloom ... i mean , why would IO pick someone else ? ...

For Lynch however i'm sure it's the same actor / Jarion Monroe ...
    That or IO has found the best voice alike of Mister Monroe ... but i don't see the point in doing that ...

I'm pretty sure Lynch is still played by Jarion Monroe, he seems to just sound different due to his new calmer nature, rather than the intense, angry, annoyed tone he had in Dead Men.

Arrow

It wouldn't make sense if IO decides to change the actors anywya , both Lynch and Kane look like them ! ...

Here's Jarion Monroe , what a badass ...

Oh and here's Brian Bloom ... yeah , he's seen better days ...

That new trailer is right up there with Knights of the old Republic for pure awesomeness. It doesn't beat it, but its at least in the neighborhood.

It was a good trailer but it was still very vague and full of imagery instead of substance... If you think about it we dont know much more about the story other than these bits and pieces.

I guess the next step is actual gameplay footage and then we will see what's what

Question

What kind of 'story' element were you expecting from the trailer ? ...

Cool

After a small tour at IO's twitter account , i found out that a french videogame website gave the title "Entre douceur et folie" for the trailer ...
    Which translates into "Between tenderness and madness" ...

Much better than "War Junkie" in my opinion ...

i did some research on the license plate: it says RX 0530 (I'm not sure about the digits but it's definatley RX). Its definatley european, because its blue on the left side, thats where the country where it comes from is usually written. in germany there's no RX on license plates, the closest thing would be R, what would be Regensburg. there is a RX license plate in the UK, the only Problem is that in the UK the plates are yellow.

€: It's seems that rental cars have white license plates in the UK ( correct me if i'm wrong), so therefore the trailer takes place in reading, berkshire UK. seems odd to choose such a small town for a video game.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading,_Berkshire

Rolleyes

Adam Marcus is of british nationality , doesn't surprise me he went back to the united kingdom ...

okay, that makes sence then. where do you have this info from? (at first i didnt know who adam marcus was btw )

Thumbs Up

It's all in the first pages of Dead Men's manual ...
    It even has got their birthday's dates ! ...

It's just strange that in the game , no one , not even Kane's wife calls him Adam ... nor does he sound very british either ...

It's up to debate whether the info on the manual is in the canon of the game's story or not ...

By the way , nice job of investigating the car plates (and i thought i was being too 'nitpicking' when i asked for the origin of the car plates in the first place ) ...

Originally Posted by gnrGrievous
    It's all in the first pages of Dead Men's manual ...
    It even has got their birthday's dates ! ...

It's just strange that in the game , no one , not even Kane's wife calls him Adam ... nor does he sound very british either ...

It's up to debate whether the info on the manual is in the canon of the game's story or not ...

By the way , nice job of investigating the car plates (and i thought i was being too 'nitpicking' when i asked for the origin of the car plates in the first place ) ...
    Actually, Jens-Peter Kurup said the Manual is bull.

EDIT: Yeah, it is bull. The Manual says that Lynch would beat his Wife, but JPK said that he'd never do such a thing.

Wow.... nice work tracing the plate oath. That's dedication. Some of the details developers feature in the backgrounds aren't meant to have special significance but this does not seem random.

Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    Actually, Jens-Peter Kurup said the Manual is bull.

EDIT: Yeah, it is bull. The Manual says that Lynch would beat his Wife, but JPK said that he'd never do such a thing.
    That's kind of distressing that someone would allow that sort of misinformation to get published in the manual ...

Originally Posted by Bawabus
    That's kind of distressing that someone would allow that sort of misinformation to get published in the manual ...
    No . =) He was kind of angry about it.

Cool

Originally Posted by YoungZer0
    No . =) He was kind of angry about it.
    I'm actually even more angry that during all this time You kept all these precious information for Yourself ...

*prepares and throws a cocktail molotov at YoungZer0* ...

I think we should lynch (*wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*) YoungZer0 for withholding information. What a d*ck.

Unhappy

And to say i once called him my hero ...

*tries not to shed the manly tears*

May Lynch's Law help him finds redemption ...

Sorry guys, totally forgot to tell you that. It is kind of messy when it comes to the names. I mean even Kanes wife called him Kane and not Marcus, i guess they waited for the last second to give them proper real names.

The files and evidence i received from :keir: address Lynch as Lynch and not James Seth. The files of Kane however state that his real name is in fact Marcus Adam and that he is or was a citizen of GB.

@Grevious: Thanks for the drink.

Unhappy

Drink it well , next time you won't even recognise the taste of it ...

Anywya ...

The bottom line is that we don't know if the names 'Adam Marcus' and 'James Lynch' are officially in canon with the games , is that it ? ...

Well i guess we'll just have to get used to call Lynch 'Lynch' and Kane 'Kane' ...

Man , this is too hard for me to adapt ...

Drink it well , next time you won't even recognise the taste of it ...

Anywya ...

The bottom line is that we don't know if the names 'Adam Marcus' and 'James Lynch' are officially in canon with the games , is that it ? ....
    Yep. btw. stop using that ugly of a font.

Thumbs Up

Well aren't you the first one to complain about it ...

*pulls out tongue* ...

Hell , you're even the first one to mention about my trademark font ...

That's a achievement right there ! ...

Well aren't you the first one to complain about it ...

*pulls out tongue* ...

Hell , you're even the first one to mention about my trademark font ...

That's a achievement right there ! ...
    I study communication design, this font here is pure torture for me.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Oh ...

Guess you'll have to deal with it , then ...

Page 5 of 8 First First 12345678 Last