Thread: Petition to Eidos, and not a mean one :P

Post Petition to Eidos, and not a mean one :P

Me being a lover of Tomb Raider games, I made a little petition asking Eidos to make a Tomb Raider Underworld for the PSP. You don't have to sign it if you want, but I would really appreciate it. I love console games but I would love to have Underworld on my PSP handheld, and was shocked to hear that it released on the DS but not PSP. I rather play it on a little bit bigger screen then having to do touchpad and stare at a tiny screen. Well here you go. Please sign. Thank You.

xoxJokerGirlxox♥ Also cant wait for the next installment of Tomb Raider! Hope it will be great!

http://www.petitiononline.com/25401/petition.html

PEACE! <3

To me I don't think it was a good move for Eidos to release the conclusion of a game on different platforms. I have the same problem with Legend being released on XBOX but not Underworld so I can sympathise with you on this matter. So I've signed.
    My Tomb Raider Fansite, often distracted by shiny things.Click Here for Guns and Grapple

It'll be a waste of money if they released it on a psp, since the game is about a year old and many people didn't like it and they'll be needing to focus on the new game. Besides I bet if they did, it'll probably come out in crappy quality like the ps2 and Wii. That's lame that they came out with it on DS, I agree with you on that though, PSP beats DS :P. Don't get your hopes up though.
    "Various myths use different names but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." - Lara Croft

Quote Originally Posted by nikkinickels View Post
    It'll be a waste of money if they released it on a psp, since the game is about a year old and many people didn't like it and they'll be needing to focus on the new game. Besides I bet if they did, it'll probably come out in crappy quality like the ps2 and Wii. That's lame that they came out with it on DS, I agree with you on that though, PSP beats DS :P. Don't get your hopes up though.
    The PSP also beats PS3 and xbox 360! I'm being deadly serious here. Graphically it doesn't but I just prefer the portable side of gaming, don't need to stay in then!

Anyway, I don't think a game being a year old is that much of a problem, look at Bioshock, that had been out about a year on 360 and PC but they brought it out on PS3. Then again it would depend on how popular bioshock was at the time and the need for it.

It's cool that you want it for PSP but I feel honestly all platforms except 360/ps3/PC should be abandoned. Tomb Raider wise anyways

That's my two cents

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nikkinickels View Post
    Even assuming the game was still fresh and good for money, there's a good reason why they didn't do it on the PSP. PSP versions of TR:L/A were cut down versions of the PS2-quality versions of the game, but with lower-quality textures/models. (TR:L's controls were average, but TR:A did quite well). Graphics quality, then would be worse than the PS2 version. If there were more enemies in the game that mightn't be an issue, but perhaps the size of the levels would be a bit much for the PSP anyway.
    The DS version of TR:U was completely different to the other designs, it was just a 2D platformer [rendered in 3D]. It worked well for the DS, since 2D games are acceptable on the DS. (A DS port to the PSP wouldn't have worked in this case, I think, since most PSP gamers wouldn't really love the idea their PSP could be used for so much more).

Quote Originally Posted by josh1122 View Post
    It's cool that you want it for PSP but I feel honestly all platforms except 360/ps3/PC should be abandoned. Tomb Raider wise anyways

That's my two cents
    Hmm. The trouble with that is it falls into the "we need good graphics for a good game" mindset, which is one of the reasons why games today aren't as good as they used to be, imho... though the development for the non-nextgen consoles/platforms should be seperate, so it's not trailing behind a "better" version.

Quote Originally Posted by rg_001100 View Post

Hmm. The trouble with that is it falls into the "we need good graphics for a good game" mindset, which is one of the reasons why games today aren't as good as they used to be, imho... though the development for the non-nextgen consoles/platforms should be seperate, so it's not trailing behind a "better" version.
    No the real trouble in making the games for handheld and things like that or even the PS2 is developers half a** those versions,which we saw with underworld and I feel personally that only 360/ps3/pc should be concentrated on just because it will cut down on bugs and glitches as well if theres just a 3 platform goal

the best possible quality would be given and hopefully it would minimize what some people experienced with the ps3/360/pc versions,bugs and glitch wise

I wonder why Tomb Raider Underworld does not exist in PSP platform

I think PSP users are ignored for this game, I was looking forward to play the game Underworld on PSP but I was dissapointed when I saw the available platforms. I want to add Tomb Raider Underworld next to Tomb Raider Legend & Tomb Raider Anniversary UMD's

Please do something

I see what you're saying and I agree it would have been nice if they had released it on PSP (especially since they did so with Legend/AE) but it's simply not going to happen. I wouldn't waste too much time trying to get signatures...

I wish you luck, but i can say for almost fact it wont happen. Underworld was released over a year ago and it's been made quite clear by Eidos that they've finished with it. That combined with the fact that a PSP version would have to mean making a whole new game makes it very unlikely Eidos will ever order a PSP version.

Quote Originally Posted by xoJokerGirlox View Post
    Me being a lover of Tomb Raider games, I made a little petition asking Eidos to make a Tomb Raider Underworld for the PSP. You don't have to sign it if you want, but I would really appreciate it. I love console games but I would love to have Underworld on my PSP handheld, and was shocked to hear that it released on the DS but not PSP. I rather play it on a little bit bigger screen then having to do touchpad and stare at a tiny screen. Well here you go. Please sign. Thank You.

xoxJokerGirlxox♥ Also cant wait for the next installment of Tomb Raider! Hope it will be great!

http://www.petitiononline.com/25401/petition.html

PEACE! <3

A very good move!!Hope they finally make a psp release!If they do they will earn a lot of money,because portable technology is well paid!

I just signed!I hope it works!

I agree with the idea of having TRU on PSP because i cant play it on any other console cuz i dont have any different and i cannot play it on the computer cuz its my dads and he wont let me instal any games on it and some other people may have the same problem as me so i think that having TRU on PSP its the best idea

Quote Originally Posted by PlayerKik933 View Post
    I agree with the idea of having TRU on PSP because i cant play it on any other console cuz i dont have any different and i cannot play it on the computer cuz its my dads and he wont let me instal any games on it and some other people may have the same problem as me so i think that having TRU on PSP its the best idea

I totally agree with you!I have the same problem!i can't play it on PC because it needs a better graphics card and I olny have a laptop!So I have to by a new laptop to play the game!I also don't have any other console,so the idea of having tthe TRU on PSP is more than great!