Thread: Thief 4 in modern times?

Thief 4 in modern times?

Thief 4 in modern times?

Have you guys seen this:

"A fourth Thief title was in pre-production at Ion Storm Austin (from late 2004 – early 2005) before its closure. Information on the game, and a piece of early concept art showing Garrett in modern clothing (see below) were released by two former developers, who revealed that the game was planned to be a modern reboot of the series."

http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/Unfinished_Thief_sequels

I wonder if they're going to continue the work, or start over with an entire new project?

Yeah, old news and, as you mention, a modern concept that has come from Ion Storm Austin. Nothing to do with EM.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

hehe I really do like the pic though XD
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

I do liked the pict too...but...

if this were true, I'd never played the game.
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

connecting this to the Eidos Open House thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...t=98044&page=2,

Shadow Fox informed us that there was concept art that was more relative the the other games.
    "Concept art looks ace. Saw paintings of South quarter and other "untitled" parts of the city that the artists was working on during the day for people to see. All looks very steamy, dark and Thief-y."

I hope that remains to be true through more development
    Calls The Serpents To The Heels Of My Foes! Calls The Ravens To Pecks Their Eyes!
    Calls The Jackals, Carry Thems Away. Their Children To Gnaw Bones In The Night!

Originally Posted by glyph07
    if this were true, I'd never played the game.
    Seconded!

Thief in the modern day would be a disaster of a game!

Al

Originally Posted by Alzara
    Thief in the modern day would be a disaster of a game!
    True. A lot of the City's charm lies in it's cyberpunk-medieval setting, with the contrast very obvious in some cases. A Thief in the modern days would ruin the entire atmospheric gameplay. It could be saved by adding some Neo-Pagans to fight the rising technology, but, still... the old setting is better.
    "Then you know me by name. I am Lica, samadaul... many things have been said about me, and from all these, many are true and many are made up. You see one thing: that I wander around in broad daylight on the countryside roads and no one stops me from my path, that I travel to the City and talk with the lords. I might have done what I have done, true, but I did so, in a way that anyone may believe what they like, but nobody may know a thing about me."

Originally Posted by Lica Samadau
    True. A lot of the City's charm lies in it's cyberpunk-medieval setting, with the contrast very obvious in some cases. A Thief in the modern days would ruin the entire atmospheric gameplay. It could be saved by adding some Neo-Pagans to fight the rising technology, but, still... the old setting is better.
    Totally agree. Deus Ex has already got this kind of theme, so I don't see that much room for growth in that direction. I hope EM doesn't pick up this concept for Thief.

Hope so, too. And you're right, Deus Ex was brilliant in it's own way, but Thief has also an excellent setting (better than DX's, in my opinion) and it should be left that way.

And besides, there are already enough possibilities to expand the storyline of the game in it's cyberpunk setting. I really don't see the need for a change. If some would like a neo-stealth experience, Splinter Cell is a good saga.
    "Then you know me by name. I am Lica, samadaul... many things have been said about me, and from all these, many are true and many are made up. You see one thing: that I wander around in broad daylight on the countryside roads and no one stops me from my path, that I travel to the City and talk with the lords. I might have done what I have done, true, but I did so, in a way that anyone may believe what they like, but nobody may know a thing about me."