Thread: Not a "Gamer"

Not a "Gamer"

Not a "Gamer"

Being an old guy I never really got into the huge Gamer scene but I did enjoy the Thief series and am very much looking forward to Thief 4.
    I know I could spend countless hours searching the forum for up to date information on the subject and maybe not finding definitive answers but figure I can save time posting a few questions here!

#1 Has the story line been completed?
    #2 Will there be new tools and weapons, will all the old ones be available IE I liked the rope arrow and missed haveing it in Thief 3.

Originally Posted by jeffminaz
    Being an old guy I never really got into the huge Gamer scene but I did enjoy the Thief series and am very much looking forward to Thief 4.
    I know I could spend countless hours searching the forum for up to date information on the subject and maybe not finding definitive answers but figure I can save time posting a few questions here!

#1 Has the story line been completed?
    #2 Will there be new tools and weapons, will all the old ones be available IE I liked the rope arrow and missed haveing it in Thief 3.
    As far as I know, "no" to both your questions but surely u could find a bit of time to read some of the posts here, they are engaging even for an "old guy"...is there an age to enjoy fantasy and gaming?!
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Eidos Montreal (EM) hasn't revealed any of that info yet. We're left chatting here about what we want and don't want in the game; and what we hope the game will be, and what we hope the game won't be. We've pretty much saturated every topic conceivable with intelligent discussion.

EM said earlier this year when they announced Thief IV that they would be reading these forums to hear what the community had to say, knowing Thief fans are vocal.

Since then, we've reached the point where we've talked about virtually everything, yet we don't know where EM is planning too go with the game. No concept art has been released; no info on whether it is in the old Thief universe or a new (or more present day) one; no info on if it will be developed for PCs primarily and consoles secondarily, or only for PCs, or consoles primarily; no storyline info; no mention on if Garrett will be the main protaganist; no info on if Stephen Russel (Garrett) and Eric Brosius (music/audio) are back; no mention of what returning characters there might be; etc. Not having any bit of information makes it near-pointless now to continue most of the discussions.

At this point, we really wish we had more info from EM to work with so we could fine-tune our discussions, rather than spend our time talking about things we maybe don't need to be talking about.

Hopefully that helps! If I have some bit of info wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. If anyone, it'll likely be jtr7. Beware of jtr7, he has every bit of Thief knowledge at his fingertips. If you have a question regarding something that you've been wondering about regarding the past Thief games, jtr7 will probably know. Ask away!