View Poll Results: Do you think the "Undead disagreement SOLVED" thread should be closed?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I think this troll cave should be sealed, along with any others found in the land.

6 50.00%
  • YES, I think this troll cave should be sealed.

2 16.67%
  • NO, I think trolls should freely feed upon the unwary.

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Do you think the "Undead disagreement SOLVED" thread should be closed?

Do you think the "Undead disagreement SOLVED" thread should be closed?

haha, a reply thread of a reply thread!

But no, even though the thread started out as a huge *not this again* the thread is starting to fill with some ideas now, and people are actually contributing to the thread seriously now.

how about... scraping the first 5 pages?

--EDIT--

also our cGREGgo should receive a warning for not seriously replying multiple times and showing signs of trolling.

--EDIT 2--

also I can't agree with any of the options given in the poll, I don't want trolls to roam freely, but I don't want a thread sealed of unless it's content is 100% useless
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Well, apparently according to the forum rules it shouldn't be closed, so it shouldn't be closed. But this is unfortunate, because it deserves to be. So I voted Yes, but I guess the vote is more "forum rules should be stricter". Someone deliberately refusing to try to connect with everyone else's responses, and being rude in the bargain, shouldn't be allowed to continue. And if they're doing it in their own thread, it should be locked up.

Effectively the attitude in that thread is "here is my idea, it is right, I will not attempt to deal with responses in a sensible way". A suggestion thread where the OP refuses to deal with criticism of the suggestion should not be allowed to continue.
    Follow the fortunes of the Thi4f Forum!

I'm afraid I'm going to vote for the 'no' option (even if the wording is somewhat ambiguous).

Though I agree that the idea of the 'magic blackjack' is a stupid one, I respect the right for all taffers to be allowed to express their opinions and argue their point, no matter how weak their arguments may be. Part of the fun (and, indeed, the "challenge") is to be able to shoot bad ideas down with a scorching-hot fire arrow, the power of intellect and words of pure wisdom and logic.
    Abruptly halting discussion by closing a thread is a easy option and no challenge at all.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

I don't think it's a matter of locking a thread because it has a silly idea, it's a matter of locking a thread because of the OPs subsequent behaviour in response to criticism. There is no point in a thread with a suggestion in if the OP refuses to discuss the suggestion!
    Follow the fortunes of the Thi4f Forum!

Originally Posted by VIKTORIA
    I'm afraid I'm going to vote for the 'no' option (even if the wording is somewhat ambiguous).

Though I agree that the idea of the 'magic blackjack' is a stupid one, I respect the right for all taffers to be allowed to express their opinions and argue their point, no matter how weak their arguments may be. Part of the fun (and, indeed, the "challenge") is to be able to shoot bad ideas down with a scorching-hot fire arrow, the power of intellect and words of pure wisdom and logic.
    Abruptly halting discussion by closing a thread is a easy option and no challenge at all.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.
    Everyone has the right to express their own view no matter how warped.
    As long as it doesn't go beyond the boundary's of reasonable behaviour, (which lots of us almost did)
    But I will not vote, as I don't agree with the premise behind this poll

(Sorry Vae )

Edit: And I should have just walked away.

Esme pm'd me a very apt picture after the thread merge trouble last week

Originally Posted by ToMegaTherion
    I don't think it's a matter of locking a thread because it has a silly idea, it's a matter of locking a thread because of the OPs subsequent behaviour in response to criticism. There is no point in a thread with a suggestion in if the OP refuses to discuss the suggestion!
    OP has discussed the situation in his own way, he just continues to be blinded by his own idealogy. Unfortunately...

If you are going to bring 'behaviour' up, is it not fair to remember to address that of others too? OP is not the only one. We should also remember that being 'stupid' and being 'rude' are two different things.
    signature image

Part of the fun (and, indeed, the "challenge") is to be able to shoot bad ideas down with a scorching-hot fire arrow, the power of intellect and words of pure wisdom and logic.
    Of course it is...but what if one hundred scorching fire arrows of truth does not bring the creature down? Then it is revealed that the creature can only be a troll, which is immune to the "power of the intellect and words of pure wisdom and logic. It's intentions are false, as it weaves a web of misery and frustration upon those with good spirit and resolve.

I say SEAL THE CAVE...

Originally Posted by Vae
    Of course it is...but what if one hundred scorching fire arrows of truth does not bring the creature down? Then it is revealed that the creature can only be a troll, which is immune to the "power of the intellect and words of pure wisdom and logic. It's intentions are false, as it weaves a web of misery and frustration upon those with good spirit and resolve.

I say SEAL THE CAVE...
    Haha, I say do what I originally suggested in the original thread, ie. ignore that which does not please you.
    This is a kinder and fairer approach. OP has not violated the rules, and it isn't an altogether 'off-topic/nothing to do with the game' kind of thread which would warrant justification for it being closed.
    signature image

Unfortunately, you guys are wrong, sorry viktoria, you to...

You guys, THIEF is a STEALTH GAME. Not a 3D SHOOTER!

Originally Posted by Vae

I say SEAL THE CAVE...
    nicely said

I wonder what he's thinks of when he reads this.
    more importantly, what will he vote for?

My answer still remains no because of the same reasons viktoria mentioned.
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Originally Posted by cGREGgo

So, I take it you voted 'no'?
    signature image

see? now we have to close down this thread too because someone is trolling

Silence the guy with a blackjack

--EDIT--
    yup I voted "no", and I see "he" did too...
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

So, I take it you voted 'no'?
    LOL... You'll never know...

Originally Posted by Pieter888

Silence the guy with a blackjack
    You need to learn what trolling means. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they're trolling.

MEANWHILE

Over time I see Thief has lost it's meaning. T3 spoiled you guys and turned itself into a fragfest. Now you can't live without it and it drives you nuts to even think of playing without your flashbombs...

Yes, Vae's idea to start this poll has only served to double our troubles.

The poll isn't private... so we do know.
    signature image

...I did just confess my sins didn't I?

Yes, Vae's idea to start this poll has only served to double our troubles.
    I think this thread serves a purpose.
    Finding out how men thinks about trolls and more importantly:
    sending out the message that enough is enough.
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

You'll never know...

Sorry for the quality but it was a rush job and you can see who has voted where so far.

Like I said above...

Over time I see Thief has lost it's meaning. T3 spoiled you guys and turned itself into a fragfest. Now you can't live without your frags, you too have lost the meaning of "stealth". It drives you nuts to even think of playing without your flashbombs...

It drives you nuts to even think of playing without your flashbombs...
    For the record, I never use flashbombs. You certainly don't have to use them to deal with the undead.
    signature image

Haha, I say do what I originally suggested in the original thread, ie. ignore that which does not please you.
    It is not I who am concerned about, for I am protected from such despicable creatures. It is the new, unwary taffers which must be warned...to protect the good-willed taffer from the psychic attack that the beast hurls forth.

Like I said above...

Over time I see Thief has lost it's meaning. T3 spoiled you guys and turned itself into a fragfest. Now you can't live without your frags, you too have lost the meaning of "stealth". It drives you nuts to even think of playing without your flashbombs...
    I played all three using nothing but water arrows and rarely using my blackjack, I think 90% of all others can say the same thing, you want every ncp "disabled" for some reason, while it's much stealthier to avoid any confrontation by trying to sneak past it.

Why am I even trying...
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Originally Posted by Vae
    It is not I who am concerned about, for I am protected from such despicable creatures. It is the new, unwary taffers which must be warned...to protect the good-willed taffer from the psychic attack that the beast hurls forth.
    I so deeply admire your good and kindly heart and the genuine concern you show for the novice taffer. Some flowers for you:

Why am I even trying...
    Congratulations. This is exactly the point I'm trying to get across.
    signature image

Congratulations. This is exactly the point I'm trying to get across.
    Thanks for pointing that out, gotta remember: don't feed the troll

PS: viktoria, don't waste your next post *hints to post count*
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

Thanks for pointing that out, gotta remember: don't feed the troll
    Exactly.

PS: viktoria, don't waste your next post *hints to post count*
    Haha, yes, see what you mean. Oh well, there's a dark side in all of us, huh?!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vae
    I say SEAL THE CAVE...
    This would be a good idea if the troll would then be trapped inside it. Alas, this is not the case.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last