Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by Hypevosa
    The problem that I see with greg's suggestion is that the undead blackjack already exists... it's called a power attack from your sword, konks em right out if they don't see it coming! You just have to be weary every time you decide to trample on them and wake em up again.
    That's not a problem! HA! That's excellent. Why are these guys so upset about a blajack you can buy when you already have a sword that can do the same thing?

    Now you don't have to carry a sword to do it.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,540
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    It's not a handicap, it makes the game harder.

    And... we've always been able to walk around enimies no matter what, what's that have to do with this?

    ?
    No it makes it easier. "Easier" is not the same thing as "harder" you know. Don't use the word "harder" where you should say "easier". It can get confusing.

    What i meant was that you need to learn to just get by your enemies without interacting with them. When you see an enemy that you just don't need to take out, just ignore it. You don't need to interrupt what you're doing just to go hit someone in the head.

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Yes there are... the simple fact that the blackjack can't knock out zombies! That's the entire reason for a blackjack upgrade...
    Uh, huh. And it's really too bad that humans can't be knocked out with a couple water arrows to the keister like we can do with Karras's machines. Clearly the developers made quite a mistake, there. What Thief IV needs is a water arrow upgrade so we can knock out humans with them. Because, obviously, every single enemy in the game must be able to be dealt with in the exact same way. Variety sucks. Enemies with different strengths and weaknesses? Gosh, who wants that? Let's make blackjacking the solution to everything! Because that's the way to make a great game! I think you've just convinced me, Greg. Bravo.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    It's not a handicap, it makes the game harder.

    And... we've always been able to walk around enimies no matter what, what's that have to do with this?

    ?
    You're obviously playing dumb. Because you're a troll.

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    No it makes it easier. "Easier" is not the same thing as "harder" you know. Don't use the word "harder" where you should say "easier". It can get confusing.

    What i meant was that you need to learn to just get by your enemies without interacting with them. When you see an enemy that you just don't need to take out, just ignore it. You don't need to interrupt what you're doing just to go hit someone in the head.
    You're wrong... with a blackjack you cant approach your enimies from the front, side, or when alert level is highter than ZERO! With anything else, you can.

    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    Uh, huh. And it's really too bad that humans can't be knocked out with a couple water arrows to the keister like we can do with Karras's machines. Clearly the developers made quite a mistake, there. What Thief IV needs is a water arrow upgrade so we can knock out humans with them. Because, obviously, every single enemy in the game must be able to be dealt with in the exact same way. Variety sucks. Enemies with different strengths and weaknesses? Gosh, who wants that? Let's make blackjacking the solution to everything! Because that's the way to make a great game! I think you've just convinced me, Greg. Bravo.
    I disagree...

    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    You're obviously playing dumb. Because you're a troll.


    You can fight for what you want, but I can't. That makes me a troll and not you?
    Please elaborate on that some?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,004
    Can someone show me 1 reply in this thread that is about "Undead disagreement"? I believe I'm missing something
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,518
    I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned the power attack from the sword until now. Really, all it is is an undead blackjack, but the victim can wake up with you jump on their face or step on their fingers...

    To put it the way so many others have, such as JTR and TheBlackMan, there's no need to introduce a redundant tool, when you already have one in your toolset that fulfills that purpose.
    signature image
    signature image

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by Hypevosa
    I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned the power attack from the sword until now. Really, all it is is an undead blackjack, but the victim can wake up with you jump on their face or step on their fingers...

    To put it the way so many others have, such as JTR and TheBlackMan, there's no need to introduce a redundant tool, when you already have one in your toolset that fulfills that purpose.
    Me to, we shouldn't thought about that earlier...

    If we could buy a blackjack that can do the same thing, we dont' have to carry the sword. With the sword you can attack the other way when you get in a jam. With the blackjack, you wouldn't be able to. You'd have to go run & hide.. . hehe

  9. #59
    I meant at first to mention the sword knock out, but while reading all the post to see that I am not repeating what other have said I've found the need to post my previous things posted.
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,004
    I don't remember but is it possible to pick up and carry a zombie after you 'power attacked' it?

    Because I would simply trow it in a corner and let it be my permanent solution to the zombie problem, just toss the body where you won't go yourself, and it will stay down for the entire level
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

  11. #61
    No, it isn't. You'll just wake him up. I remember the times I went over a sleeping zombie thinking it was dead.
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    If we could buy a blackjack that can do the same thing, we dont' have to carry the sword. With the sword you can attack the other way when you get in a jam. With the blackjack, you wouldn't be able to. You'd have to go run & hide.. . hehe
    So just use the sword as your zombie blackjack and don't use it for anything else. There. Problem solved. Everybody's happy. Everybody wins.

  13. #63
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    So just use the sword as your zombie blackjack and don't use it for anything else. There. Problem solved. Everybody's happy. Everybody wins.
    LOL. You're right...

    But that's what EXPERT level is for... don't let us have the ability to change our mind if we get "busted". With a blackjack that can do the same thing, you can't change your mind.

    (it's just a smiley face guys, don't let it get to you...)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,004
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    So just use the sword as your zombie blackjack and don't use it for anything else. There. Problem solved. Everybody's happy. Everybody wins.
    except cGREGgo...
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

  15. #65
    That would make me happy dude, quit being an .

    Just make us a blackjack that can do the same thing. If you dont want it, don't buy it.

    We've been fighting all this time for nothing... How hard of an easy out do you guys want?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,639
    ...This has been entertaining oh silly see-gre-go, my simplistic thick-headed friend...but the time for fun and games has now come to an end, for the reason why you can't "knock out" an undead is because they have no nervous system. Therefore it is simply impossible to do so, and thus renders this whole argument null and void...

    One must either "avoid" the undead or "destroy" them. This makes the game harder silly see-gre-go, because even if it were possible to do so, adding the ability to "knock out" the undead would give the player a third option when dealing with the undead, thereby making it easier to deal with them.

  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Vae
    ...This has been entertaining oh silly see-gre-go, my simplistic thick-headed friend...but the time for fun and games has now come to an end, for the reason why you can't "knock out" an undead is because they have no nervous system. Therefore it is simply impossible to do so, and thus renders this whole argument null and void... .
    OMG, don't drink & type dude...


    Originally Posted by Vae
    ... they have no nervous system. Therefore it is simply impossible to do so, and thus renders this whole argument null and void...

    One must either "avoid" the undead or "destroy" them. This makes the game harder silly see-gre-go, because even if it were possible to do so, adding the ability to "knock out" the undead would give the player a third option when dealing with the undead, thereby making it easier to deal with them.
    OMG, you didn't take the hit about drinking seriously, did you?

  18. #68

  19. #69
    Yup...Looks a lot like him.
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by kabatta
    Yup...Looks a lot like him.
    Uhhh, whatever dude...

    Scarecrow? Me? Uhhh, if I were scared, you think I'd be asking for a harder "expert level"?

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,004
    Originally Posted by Vae
    ...This has been entertaining oh silly see-gre-go, my simplistic thick-headed friend...but the time for fun and games has now come to an end, for the reason why you can't "knock out" an undead is because they have no nervous system. Therefore it is simply impossible to do so, and thus renders this whole argument null and void...

    One must either "avoid" the undead or "destroy" them. This makes the game harder silly see-gre-go, because even if it were possible to do so, adding the ability to "knock out" the undead would give the player a third option when dealing with the undead, thereby making it easier to deal with them.


    just...
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,518
    While I don't wish to encourage it, the reason it's a magical blackjack would be that it has the effect of "knocking out" an undead... probably meaning that it simply severs the spirit's control of said corpse temporarily. That's the explanation I would give anyways...

    cGREGgo, part of thief is discipline, and if you don't have the discipline to not use a sword to kill people, then that's your failure as a player. However, I also believe that thief is a game of skills, included being that of swordplay like in the old ones. It wouldn't be an easy out, so long as the fight system of the old games is used, but the AI is improved to the point where they use group tactics... like surrounding you, cutting off halls, etc.
    signature image
    signature image

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by Hypevosa

    I also believe that thief is a game of skills, included being that of swordplay like in the old ones. It wouldn't be an easy out, so long as the fight system of the old games is used, but the AI is improved to the point where they use group tactics... like surrounding you, cutting off halls, etc.
    Nobody's suggesting getting rid of the sword. If that's how you play...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,518
    I'm just a realist, who thinks that if Garrett was cornered and had spent all the aces in his sleeves, he'd pull the sword out of his hilt (and not a damned toothpick). I kinda take a role playing approach to Garrett. I never actually was able to master swordplay in the old games, I'd inevitably die, even to one guard. I was definitely mister sandman game style... sneak around and put everyone to sleep unnoticed.
    signature image
    signature image

  25. #75
    I was shocked the day I first beat an apeman in a fight.
    It was one of those patrolling the passages out of the "garden" up to the Tricksters lair.
    And I suddenly realized you could actually learn to fight.

Page 3 of 13 First First 1234567 ... Last