Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

  1. #26
    This is the worst idea I have seen so far also.

    First of all there is only one blackjack - A BLACKJACK. No upgrades. That was the whole point of the holy water arrow. To take out the undead. Besides how could one blackjack a zombie. The idea of a holy blackjack is laughable.

  2. #27
    Guys... think about this... you can't blackjack everying in site, you can't go on a blackjack rampage. It's impossible. WIth a blackjack, your enemies require stealth attacks. The blackjack only works when there is NO AWARENESS level.

    That will force you to be sneaky. That will force you to use the shadows and not run around like you're on a rampage in that video.

    You can't blackjack a zombie "13lack13lshop", that's why they need to give us a blackjack that can blackjack undead.

    Like I said before, if you don't want to use it, don't buy it... Use your flashbombs instead & do it the easy way...


  3. #28
    What next. An iron beast blackjack. A fire elemental blackjack. A ghost blackjack. It's all being sneaky right? RIGHT?

  4. #29
    Don't let a harder "expert level" scare you, buy your flashbombs instead...

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Don't let a harder "expert level" scare you, buy your flashbombs instead...
    There are not an unlimited number of flashbombs. Why should one have to blackjack everything anyway? Thats one of the ways enemies are unique. Different strenghts and weaknesses.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Guys... think about this... you can't blackjack everying in site, you can't go on a blackjack rampage. It's impossible.
    No, it's not impossible. I've blackjacked everyone in an entire level on many occasions. Then I run around to my heart's content. It's one approach to playing the game. It can be fun. It doesn't work on the Builder's Children in the Metal Age and it doesn't work on the undead. That was the WHOLE POINT. It makes those levels more challenging. It makes you have to decide between using water arrows for dousing lights or for eliminating enemies. Unlike the blackjack, water arrows and flash bombs and the like are in limited supply. Giving us a blackjack that can KO zombies defeats the entire purpose of the zombies. It's a terrible idea.

  7. #32
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    No, it's not impossible. I've blackjacked everyone in an entire level on many occasions. Then I run around to my heart's content. It's one approach to playing the game. It can be fun. It doesn't work on the Builder's Children in the Metal Age and it doesn't work on the undead. That was the WHOLE POINT. It makes those levels more challenging. It makes you have to decide between using water arrows for dousing lights or for eliminating enemies. Unlike the blackjack, water arrows and flash bombs and the like are in limited supply. Giving us a blackjack that can KO zombies defeats the entire purpose of the zombies. It's a terrible idea.

    I disagree, and here's why...

    - So you've blackjacked everything on the level. Don't complain because then you'll be able to run around until you're hearts contect because... you can do that no matter what you kill your enemy with. Kill them with all flashbombs & firearrows you'll have the same situation when it's all over.

    -Yes it does work with builders, I've done it. We can't forget the water arrows, I've been forgetting about those. Waterarrows & this blackjack would be on my list of items to buy, I've leave everything else at the dealers...

    -Explain to me how knocking out a zombie with a blackjack would defeat the purpose of the zombie?

    - Like I said before, if you don't want it, don't buy it...

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    -Yes it does work with builders, I've done it.
    Not in Sabotage at Soulforge, you haven't. It's impossible. There are too many and not enough water arrows and mines to go around. And obviously you can't blackjack any of them. They're machines.

    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    -Explain to me how knocking out a zombie with a blackjack would defeat the purpose of the zombie?
    They were envisioned as an enemy where the blackjack doesn't work. That's the whole point.

    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    - Like I said before, if you don't want it, don't buy it...
    This is not a game that is just for longtime Thief fans. It's for a whole new generation of Thief fans. If these new players have the option of blackjacking zombies, they'll take it, and then there's no freaking difference between zombies and regular old human guards. It's a bad idea, Greg.

    Tell me, why don't you just sneak around the zombies if you don't want to blow them up? Why are you so keen to be able to just blackjack everything?

  9. #34
    After reading the whole tread i vote the best answer.
    Originally Posted by Namdrol

  10. #35
    Why do you people still give this guy water to his stuborness? He clearly has the power to defy reality on this forum and talk like a tape-recorder: "I want my holy blackjack...argh...no one better say different...argh...". Calm down kidds. And Grego, if the first, second, third and forth time people rejected your idea what makes you think they will accept it now? I don't like your blackjack idea, no one likes it. Stop beying stubborn like a 5 year old kidd who wants another candy despite the fact he has a friggin feast of sweets in his face , just because he is "special". You will not change anything, not an opinion, not the game in the near future. Get over it. This topic is useless and unproductive. My subjective opinion states that it must be erased.
    *end of rant*
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    Why are you so keen to be able to just blackjack everything?
    Because, it forces you to be sneaky & use the shadows. It's very simple. You cant "charge" your enemies like he's doing in that video...



    Dont' let a harder game scare you, remember, you can still use your flashbombs the way you've always done. Is that why you're against it? So you can play "fragfest" style?

    ?

  12. #37
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Because, it forces you to be sneaky & use the shadows. It's very simple. You cant "charge" your enemies like he's doing in that video...



    Dont' let a harder game scare you, remember, you can still use your flashbombs the way you've always done. Is that why you're against it? So you can play "fragfest" style?

    ?
    You must be trolling, because your response is absolutely absurd. Blackjacking zombies would make the game HARDER? That is completely ridiculous. How the hell does me not wanting to be able to blackjack zombies translate to me charging enemies and playing "fragfest" style? Have you ever snuck past an enemy in this game? Ever? Or do you just blackjack everything? It's transparent what you're about. You want to be able to blackjack everything. You want an EASIER game. The zombies are too hard for you. They don't fall down nice and easy like all the silly humans in the game. Well, that's too bad, Greg, because that's Thief.

    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    Tell me, why don't you just sneak around the zombies if you don't want to blow them up? Why are you so keen to be able to just blackjack everything?
    Notice the part of the quote you conveniently ignored, Greg. You had to eliminate that first sentence so you could type your nonsense about "charging" and "fragging." You're trolling.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    You must be trolling, because your response is absolutely absurd. Blackjacking zombies would make the game HARDER? That is completely ridiculous. How the hell does me not wanting to be able to blackjack zombies translate to me charging enemies and playing "fragfest" style? Have you ever snuck past an enemy in this game? Ever? Or do you just blackjack everything? It's transparent what you're about. You want to be able to blackjack everything. You want an EASIER game. The zombies are too hard for you. They don't fall down nice and easy like all the silly humans in the game. Well, that's too bad, Greg, because that's Thief.
    No offense, but you are wrong here...

    - Blackjacking zombies WILL make the game harder. The blackjack only works when the awareness alert is zero. No more charging your enemies & throwing flashbombs & running around quakestyle.

    - "Have I ever snuck past an enemy". Uhhh, look at that video, are you telling me he's being sneaky? I dont' play like that & if you didn't have flashbombs on you, you wouldn't either, because you couldn't.

    - "They don't fall down nice and easy like all the silly humans in the game.". Yes I know, that's exactly why we need a blackjack that can knockout undead.

    - Like I said before, if you don't want to buy it from your fence (if T4 is going to have them), don't buy it...

  14. #39
    Riigh...and the developers will make a game just for your plump cheeks and giants arse that won't move even virtually to make a thing properly. By copying what you just said earlier you only made yourself even more of an embarasment. Think before posting.
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  15. #40
    Originally Posted by kabatta
    Riigh...and the developers will make a game just for your plump cheeks and giants arse that won't move even virtually to make a thing properly. By copying what you just said earlier you only made yourself even more of an embarasment. Think before posting.
    Dude, you think I'm the only one wants a game like this? Look at the poll in the other feed... There's another feed "more thieving, less fantacy", etc... they're all the same theme. This is just the way out to make both sides happey (I'm the only one talking about it here).

    Besides, like I said before, if you don't want the blackjack I'm talking about, don't buy it? That's not an easy way around it for you?



    Oh, almost forgot... Of course it wouldn't work on machines. I kinda figured everyone knew that. We'd still need waterarrows for those & short'em out, plant a mine, etc...



    -

  16. #41
    How about you stop trolling and actually read a post before posting. No one likes or wants your blackjack. No one is crazy enough to include that piece of fudge into a game. And stop representing an imaginative group, it's getting boring.
    Surripio ergo sunt.

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    - Blackjacking zombies WILL make the game harder. The blackjack only works when the awareness alert is zero. No more charging your enemies & throwing flashbombs & running around quakestyle.
    I don't do that. I just said I don't do that in the previous post. Being unable to blackjack zombies does not result in charging, flashbombing and running around. Drop the freaking strawman argument.

    - "Have I ever snuck past an enemy". Uhhh, look at that video, are you telling me he's being sneaky? I dont' play like that & if you didn't have flashbombs on you, you wouldn't either, because you couldn't.
    I don't play like that. Being unable to blackjack zombies doesn't force me to play like that because I'm not a freaking idiot.

    - "They don't fall down nice and easy like all the silly humans in the game.". Yes I know, that's exactly why we need a blackjack that can knockout undead.
    To make the game easier. Right. That's all you want. Easy, blackjackable enemies everywhere you go. You can't fool me, Greg.

    - Like I said before, if you don't want to buy it from your fence (if T4 is going to have them), don't buy it...
    If you don't want flashbombs and fire arrows, don't buy them. Try sneaking around the zombies, for once. Being able to blackjack them is a stupid idea. They're supposed to be enemies you cannot deal with in that way. That's the whole point. If you don't like it, tough.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,004
    @ cGREGgo
    I envy your determination to express yourself in these forums, seriously.

    Although I don't see a reason why we need a way to get rid of the undead so easy since they are supposed to be a harder npc than the humans you find throughout the game.

    I think TDS made a mistake too by having the statue blackjack upgrade. As said before, it made things so much easier. I find myself simply blackjacking my way trough a place instead of hiding in shadows, timing my actions and plan everything beforehand in my head.

    The 'blackjack everything' play style is a lot of fun I give you that one. I love the satisfaction you get when you silently neutralised every threat in the game, BUT it's nothing more than fun, Thief is a sneaking game, that's why I buy it.

    Personally I feel like every threat towards you must have it's weak spot(s), zombies already have them.
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

  19. #44
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    I don't do that. I just said I don't do that in the previous post. Being unable to blackjack zombies does not result in charging, flashbombing and running around. Drop the freaking strawman argument.



    I don't play like that. Being unable to blackjack zombies doesn't force me to play like that because I'm not a freaking idiot.



    To make the game easier. Right. That's all you want. Easy, blackjackable enemies everywhere you go. You can't fool me, Greg.



    If you don't want flashbombs and fire arrows, don't buy them. Try sneaking around the zombies, for once. Being able to blackjack them is a stupid idea. They're supposed to be enemies you cannot deal with in that way. That's the whole point. If you don't like it, tough.
    Dude, you're still wrong & not thinking... Don't let it get you mad, but you can't run around blackjacking people. The blackjack only works with a zero awareness. If the awareness is up, it only does a fraction of damage & you have to hit'em tons of times before they go down. You'll be doing whatever you can to keep the awareness down on ZERO. So you'll be forced to go slow, hide in shadows, sneak up from behind... etc...

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Dude, you're still wrong & not thinking... Don't let it get you mad, but you can't run around blackjacking people. The blackjack only works with a zero awareness. If the awareness is up, it only does a fraction of damage & you have to hit'em tons of times before they go down. You'll be doing whatever you can to keep the awareness down on ZERO. So you'll be forced to go slow, hide in shadows, sneak up from behind... etc...
    And there's no reason you can't play like that when there are zombies around. You just can't knock them out. Makes it even more challenging. Try it sometime. I know you want to be able to render every single enemy unconscious, but you can't always get what you want. Garret certainly doesn't always get what he wants. That's what makes the story interesting. Believe it or not, Greg, but there actually are players that refrain from running around and using flash bombs, fire arrows and the like when confronting a level populated by undead. I do it all the time. And I'm not even a ghoster.

  21. #46
    Originally Posted by ClashWho
    There's no reason you can't play like that when there are zombies around. .
    Yes there are... the simple fact that the blackjack can't knock out zombies! That's the entire reason for a blackjack upgrade...

  22. #47
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,540
    Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    Dude, you're still wrong & not thinking... Don't let it get you mad, but you can't run around blackjacking people. The blackjack only works with a zero awareness. If the awareness is up, it only does a fraction of damage & you have to hit'em tons of times before they go down. You'll be doing whatever you can to keep the awareness down on ZERO. So you'll be forced to go slow, hide in shadows, sneak up from behind... etc...
    Stop trying to act like you don't know exactly what he's trying to say taffit! "Running around blackjacking people" means going through the whole mission by going out of your way to knock out every single opponent even if it's totally unnecessary. It doesn't mean "running" in the exact literal definition.

    Plus, if you're able to sneak up on your foes from behind, you can perfectly sneak by them if you don't want to alert all the other zombies by blowing one up with a fire arrow or a holy water arrow. You don't need a special handicap blackjack, no-one ever has, you just need patience.

  23. #48
    I think realising the need for an 'ultimo' blackjack is a hankering for the often expressed 'None or hardly any undead in thief'.


    Perfectly logical that, you can make games harder without going paranormal.

  24. #49
    Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    If you're able to sneak up on your foes from behind, you can perfectly sneak by them if you don't want to alert all the other zombies by blowing one up with a fire arrow or a holy water arrow. You don't need a special handicap blackjack, no-one ever has, you just need patience.
    It's not a handicap, it makes the game harder.

    And... we've always been able to walk around enimies no matter what, what's that have to do with this?

    ?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,518
    Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Hiding from- and running for your life from monsters is far more exciting than just blowing them to bits.
    As a fan of Left 4 Dead, I can safely say that if done in the correct fashion, fighting undead is 100x more exciting. Zombies in thief can't run though, and there aren't a dozen variations (at least so far).

    The problem that I see with greg's suggestion is that the undead blackjack already exists... it's called a power attack from your sword, konks em right out if they don't see it coming! You just have to be weary every time you decide to trample on them and wake em up again.
    signature image
    signature image

Page 2 of 13 First First 12345612 ... Last