Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213

Thread: Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

Undead disagreement SOLVED (in my opinion)!

Originally Posted by erethizon
    Okay, I have to ask, does Constantine's sword do something more than a normal sword other than not making you more visible? Is that what you mean by taking the tension out of an undead mission or does it have an additional power? I have played the original Thief around 50 times and never knew Constantine's sword had any additional powers (other than not making your brighter). Then again, I have never been in the habit of using a sword on a zombie.
    The sword Garrett started with in Dark Project was an ordinary sword, when he stole Constantines sword and received it as payment he was told it could be used against the undead as it had magical properties, he retained this through Metal Age and then for some reason it was retired in Deadly shadows in favour of a dagger, which was another irritation in DS

Sorry about bumping this thread still, but this is hilarious.

cGREGgo, if only you'd be able to comprehend the amount of irony of every single sentence you've said here. When that day comes, we can all go back to what we were doing. But until that, this thread is always a place to go get some laughs. Keep at it, every sane person who's insecure about their intellect feels immediately a little bit better about themselves after reading your posts here.

You can either admit that all you are is a troll and take that fun away from those people, or you can keep trying to huff and puff the steel house down keeping a lot of people entertained.

Originally Posted by esme
    The sword Garrett started with in Dark Project was an ordinary sword, when he stole Constantines sword and received it as payment he was told it could be used against the undead as it had magical properties, he retained this through Metal Age and then for some reason it was retired in Deadly shadows in favour of a dagger, which was another irritation in DS
    Actually, no-one said that it could be used against the undead. And it doesn't have any special abilities besides not illuminating the player when wielded. It's a shame that Garrett seemed to lose it after TDP. I hope we see the sword in T4.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Sorry about bumping this thread still, but this is hilarious.

cGREGgo, if only you'd be able to comprehend the amount of irony of every single sentence you've said here. When that day comes, we can all go back to what we were doing. But until that, this thread is always a place to go get some laughs. Keep at it, every sane person who's insecure about their intellect feels immediately a little bit better about themselves after reading your posts here.

You can either admit that all you are is a troll and take that fun away from those people, or you can keep trying to huff and puff the steel house down keeping a lot of people entertained.
    Impressive thoughts, youre trolling now>? Got anything to say about Thief?

Hi there!

- edit -

- this is hilarious, you guys have turned this thread into a picture party... maybe they should close it, huh? -

Originally Posted by cGREGgo
    I thought the name of the game was THIEF, not GHOST HUNTERS. This wasn't one of my favorite levels for sure...

After speaking to my fences Hartless Perry & Blackmarket Birtha, (haha). We came to this conclusion...

We don't want these type of levels. Thief is a stealth game. Hiding in the shadows, etc...

This level, along with the other outdoor levels (like the one with the fish head people) ruin the atmosphere of being sneaky.

On a serious note... when I came to these type levels, I found myself wanting to be back into a castle or mansion. They're far more entertaining & they make you actually feel like you shouldn't be there doing what you're doing but are doing it anyway. LMAO

I don't like those type levels. Actually, I hate'em. Not because they're scary, but because they're stupid in my opinion. LOL

I'm replaying my thief 3 to get back into the storyline. Last night I got to the "inner cradle". Now the entire game changes, what am I playing now, Ghostbusters? PFFF... I played this in the 80's.

This is one of the stupidest parts of the game... (IMO).

Stupid... Stupid... Stupid...
    It's not making it easier, it's making it HARDER!

THAT'S THE GOAL! ... ... HELLO!... ...

Nice find minus1

That sir, is another reason why fraggers & expert ghosters don't belong in the same game...

Expert ghosting isn't part of undead levels... it's impossible without a blackjack that can handle the situation...

Hi There!

Actually, no-one said that it could be used against the undead. And it doesn't have any special abilities besides not illuminating the player when wielded. It's a shame that Garrett seemed to lose it after TDP. I hope we see the sword in T4.
    sorry it's been a while since I played DP he doesn't get told it's can be used on the undead, he is told it's a magical sword in the pre stealing briefing though (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPMknXdzCnE) and he's told to keep it as he'll find it useful in the post steal briefing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv3yWXexr40)

You say "I have mixed feelings about being able to sneak up behind an unwary undead and stab him. If it would be OHKO, it should alert nearby enemies. Or, it could just do a significant amount of damage and cause him to turn around, call for help, and fight. Then you'd have to finish him off quickly and run from the rest of the undead that would come calling. That might be worthy of debate"

I wasn't talking about stabbing... sorry bout my attitude...

I'm talking about blackjacking. When you blackjack an enemy. It doesn't alert nearby enimes unless you leave the body laying on the ground, or they see you do it. And if the alert level is "0" when you blackjack, they'll hit the ground with one hit....

I just hope they don't ruin T4 like they did with T3 and all these people wanting a fragfest game. Nothings going to change...

Nobody wants a fragfest, they just don't want the undead missions to play the same as the guard missions, being able to sneak up on and knock out every enemy in sight. They want to disable or at least lessen that option, force you to deal with conscious AIs. Not combatively, per se, but as an active intelligence to avoid or evade, instead of eliminating quietly one by one as you come across them.

I mentioned the stabbing as an alternative to silent OHKOs on undead as an idea, if the devs wanted to introduce a little bit of combat there.
    But I'm right.

Originally Posted by negative_len
    Nobody wants a fragfest, they just don't want the undead missions to play the same as the guard missions... being able to sneak up on and knock out every enemy in sight. They want to disable or at least lessen that option, force you to deal with conscious AIs. Not combatively, per se, but as an active intelligence to avoid or evade, instead of eliminating one by one as you come across them.

I mentioned the stabbing as an alternative to silent OHKOs on undead if the devs wanted to introduce a little bit of combat there, as an idea.

Yeah, I understand that. But there's an easy solution.... when you're going outside where zombies & such are, change your weapon. If you want to use firearrows, use'em. If you want to use flashbombs, go ahead & use'm. Some guys around here don't seem to understand that when I talk about a blackjack that can knockout undead, they act like they won't be able to switch weapons. If you don't want to use it, switch your weapon... You can then go from an expert ghosting to do whatever you feel you need to do to pass the level. Right?

Nice find minus1
    I wouldn't call it a find. But it does nicely show you simply hate undead levels and want them gone, or simply want to be able to blackjack your way through them. Put simply, you think the "Easy" setting isn't easy enough, and you're advocating a zero-challenge setting, which I will from now on refer to as the "Greg Difficulty" (the latter word being somewhat of a misnomer, obviously).
    That sir, is another reason why fraggers & expert ghosters don't belong in the same game...

Expert ghosting isn't part of undead levels... it's impossible without a blackjack that can handle the situation...

Hi There!
    Just FYI, "expert ghosting" has nothing to do with using a blackjack. You're confused with the sand-man playstyle, far from the only thing you're confused about, I have to say

Yeah, I understand that. But there's an easy solution.... when you're going outside where zombies & such are, change your weapon. If you want to use firearrows, use'em. If you want to use flashbombs, go ahead & use'm. Some guys around here don't seem to understand that when I talk about a blackjack that can knockout undead, they act like they won't be able to switch weapons. If you don't want to use it, switch your weapon... You can then go from an expert ghosting to do whatever you feel you need to do to pass the level. Right?

No, projectile use should be limited. I don't want to be able to silent OHKO undead OR blast them all to pieces with a massive projectile arsenal. I want limited projectile combat and mostly sneaking around and avoiding undead, with the possible option of limited melee combat. Basically, survival horror with sneaking.

My responses here are starting to get repetitive, so this will probably be my last post in this topic.
    But I'm right.

Then maybe Thief IV should feature a machinegun with unlimited ammo? People who don’t like it can just not use it...

The problem with this philosophy is that you take alt the tension away from the game. It’s the same reason Alien was a terrific movie while Alien 4 was just another action flick. You have to build up a feeling of respect and fright for your enemy; this is what makes thief exiting. If you introduce too powerful weapons this feeling goes away, the illusion is broken and the enemy is not frightening anymore, even if you choose not to use these powerful weapons

Thief 3 suffered slightly from this. But so did the other thief games to an extent

No, not a machinegun. An automatic heat-seeking sniper with an infrared scope that can fire knockout darts through walls. That's what an exreme ghoster needs. Very stealthy, because everyone knows that all it needs to be perfectly stealthy extreme ghoster is to have the "kills=0" in the stats screen, while knocking out every single opponent in the level.

No, not a machinegun. An automatic heat-seeking sniper with an infrared scope that can fire knockout darts through walls. That's what an exreme ghoster needs. Very stealthy, because everyone knows that all it needs to be perfectly stealthy extreme ghoster is to have the "kills=0" in the stats screen, while knocking out every single opponent in the level.
    Don't forget the invisibility cape and the shoes made out of sound absorbent sponge
    signature image
    signature image

Originally Posted by minus0ne
    Just FYI, "expert ghosting" has nothing to do with using a blackjack. You're confused with the sand-man playstyle, far from the only thing you're confused about, I have to say
    Ever play Thief? Extreme ghosting has everything to do with using a blackjack. You're confused, and so are your buddies...

Extreme ghosting is hiding in the shadows at all times. Not running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Once you step into the light, you're alert level goes up if you're seen. You guys don't care because all you have to do is throw out a flashbomb, boom, you're done.

Extreme Ghosting, no flashbombs. You're forced to take out your opponent with stealth (some of you guys have trouble understand that). You can't take them out (creatures) on stealth right now because there is no way to do it. No more extreme ghosting, forced fragfest is now upon you.

You guys obviously don't like the sound of not having your flashbombs, people who play extreme ghosting don't like NOT having their blackjack. T3 doesn't allow for this. it was supposed to, but it's a flaw in the game (IMO). You guys are one sided there, don't you think? Well, I am to, so deal with it and cry to your mother when she tells you to get off of her computer.

Hi There!

Actually Grego, ghosting means you use no weapons whatsoever. No kills, no knockouts. No alerts at all. A blackjack is no more valid in ghosting than a sword is, or flashbombs for that matter. There seems to be some lingering confusion about ghosting, so I thought I'd try and clear that up.

Originally Posted by Telex
    Actually Grego, ghosting means you use no weapons whatsoever. No kills, no knockouts. No alerts at all. A blackjack is no more valid in ghosting than a sword is, or flashbombs for that matter. There seems to be some lingering confusion about ghosting, so I thought I'd try and clear that up.
    Yeah, I know dude, that's what the fuss is over...

But theres situations with creatures that require killing it to move further down the map. T4 should let us blackjack it like we're supposed to do when trying to maintain "0" alert...

These guys are having a fit, they think it's going to take away from their fragfest. Hey, if they play like that, let'em, it has nothing to do with this blackjack I'm talking about.

Wake me up when Thief 4 is released!

This is fun...

OFFICIAL GHOST RULES, STICKY THREAD FROM THIEF EIDOS FORUMS

EXCERPT
    A. Ghost Mode
    ...2. No combat damage may be dealt or taken and no knockouts or kills of any kind are allowed, whether or not they show up in the final stats...

EXCERPT
    C. Strict Ghost Mode
    ...4. A Ghost is not seen, not heard. He / she doesn’t kill, doesn’t alert, doesn’t BJ, doesn’t gas arrow, doesn’t initiate any action that directly results in another AI’s death, injury or alert...

EXCERPT
    Supreme Ghost Rules

...12. No knockouts or killings of any kind allowed: whether by blackjack, gas arrows, hammers, maces, or any weapons or items at all, whether they show up in the stats or not. No induced melees...

He really is the poster-child of the clueless TDS generation, isn't he?

Ever play Thief? Extreme ghosting has everything to do with using a blackjack.

Originally Posted by Vae
    This is fun...
    It sure is. Look, I can see the future. After this post he will still say otherwise.

Yeah, I know dude, that's what the fuss is over...

But theres situations with creatures that require killing it to move further down the map. T4 should let us blackjack it like we're supposed to do when trying to maintain "0" alert...
    No. There are no situations like that.
    But theres situations with creatures that...
    No.
    But...
    NO! You're wrong.

See... idiots...

YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THEM RULES STUPID! WTF DO YOU THINK WE'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR 2 WEEKS!

IT'S MY CHOICE IF I WANT TO TAKE A KNOCKOUT=1 ON MY RECORD.

AT LEAST MY KILLS CAN STILL BE ZERO!

HELLO! IS ANYONE HOME OVER THERE!

Hi There!

AN URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL TAFFERS:
    Please be warned...you can play with the misguided thread troll all you want, but he has no intention of resolve. So keep that in mind when attempting to communicate to him...and have fun

Is like each person here has 10 reasons why it can't be done. Each person has to go thru each reason that I prove them wrong one at a time. They don't realize that their trolling buddy just asked the same question 2 pages back so. So I get stuck in a stupid loop explaing the same thing to you guys over and over and over and over.

READ! GEEZ!

And you complain that it's my fault?

Hi there!

Due to receiving reports regarding the content in this thread, including a particular offensive image, this discussion is now closed. I think everything that needs to be said has been said, so all done and dusted and we can all slumber peacefully tonight, taffers.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 13 of 13 First First ... 3910111213