Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Thief Fans Top Picks

Thief Fans Top Picks

Originally Posted by Caranfin
    Surely both of you have played Riven, then? It's, in my opinion, easily the best game in the series.
    I'm afraid I haven't...that is to say...just yet! Thanks!
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Originally Posted by bambini
    Isn't it odd that the older, top-down, isometric RPGs seem to be over-represented here? I'm referring to the likes of older Fallout games, BG, Commandos, Planescape: Torment, etc.
    I would say that the old cliche is true and they just don't make games like they used to. I'll put it nicely and say that many games today focus on the mainstream and casual gamer. A lot of money tends to go into the things that look the nicest but don't necessarily contribute to the depth or quality of the game.
    Sign the petition to release the Thief I and II engine source code: http://www.petitiononline.com/ThiefSrc

Higher resolution this and that and no soul.

Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett
    Does anyone know: Trilby: The Art of Theft?
    Yahtzee! Kill it with fire!

Or should I say "THOU... walking corpse! Fall!"?
    signature image

Legend of Zelda: Me and the fella just about to complete OOT AGAIN, moving onto Twilight soon AGAIN.

Hitman series: Only played first one, hoping to play some more

Broken Sword series: Im a big click adventure type. this is a classic

Siberia Series: Again click adventure, beautiful game!

Sims 2: Bah, we all have a guilty secret, I just like playing God on it

Mortal Combat: Never been a fighter type, until I was introduced to this series

Sonic: We invested in a megadrive...need i say more?

Assassins Creed: A possiblity...just posted about it.

Can anyone recommend "Sins of a Solar Empire"? It has good reviews but it looks complicated as hell. So, mainly I want to know if the interface is accessible and easy to learn.
    "Where are you, you, taffer?"

Originally Posted by Lost Taffer
    Can anyone recommend "Sins of a Solar Empire"? It has good reviews but it looks complicated as hell. So, mainly I want to know if the interface is accessible and easy to learn.
    It certainly looks very good. Can't say that I've played it myself, but Stardock have an extremely good reputation in making quality 4X space sims.

However, if you have limited funds and haven't played it yet, you absolutely HAVE TO buy Galactic Civilizations 2 instead. It's a Stardock game, very similar to SoaSE, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
    Procrastination is the Thief 4 forum

Page 3 of 3 First First 123