Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: MIGS 2009 - Meet-Up: November 16

MIGS 2009 - Meet-Up: November 16

MIGS 2009 - Meet-Up: November 16

Hi everyone,

With MIGS here next month, I think it would be a good time to have a fan meet-up! I know not everyone can make it to Montréal but no doubt a couple people from the Deus Ex 3 forum might be able to make it, work permitting, and although I'm not sure if anyone here in the Thief forums is in Montréal, the invitation is certainly to everyone!

Actually attending the lectures inside MIGS is tres expensive so let's rule that out, however we can still meet up at the Hilton Bonaventure Hotel and see what industry people are around, walk to the studio to have a tour, and then go for dinner potentially with someone from the dev team. (depending on schedules)

When: Monday, November 16 @ 3:00pm
    Where: Hilton Bonaventure Hotel, 900 de La Gauchetiere West (main lobby)

Let me know in this thread if you think you'll be attending!

René

This is exciting! I hope plenty of taffers can attend.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Ah man. It's not possible for me. I keep wishing people would/could take cameras, recorders, video, audio, and pictures of these things to share--especially speeches and presentations, when not just capturing persons in candid or cheesy-posed images.

If I could drive up from Indiana I would haha

As it is, I give this event my thumbs up Hope it goes well, and yeah - we'll want to see lots of pictures and whatnot.

We shall try!

PS: Telex, are you a Colts fan? ...I am!

I would say so, yes. I'm not huge into football, but I support the Colts on the occasion that I do watch some football

Just noticed that Edge magazine is giving away two tickets to MIGS! Check out their contest: https://www.futurecompetitions.com/MIGS09/Default.asp?

(open to residents of Great Britain only)

Hey René, I see the big boss Yoichi Wada has been giving top billing.
    I'm interested in what he'll be saying, he seems quite progressive in his thinking re games.
    (And he also holds a lot of our hopes and fears for both Thief and DX in his hands )

Yeah he's giving the Keynote speech this year. He has actually visited our studio a couple of times, but when it comes to Deus Ex and Thief development, Square-Enix is mostly leaving that up to the dev teams and not getting involved in the production.

That sounds great. We're all waiting to see how EM's babies turn out.

Hey, anybody from the T4 side showing up? We've got maybe 4 or 5 people from the DX3 community coming, who's going to represent Thief?
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Would love to, but it's 3000 miles away.

I would, but Google Maps seems to be having trouble working out driving directions between Ashford (UK) and Montreal
    Procrastination is the Thief 4 forum

there's a large body of water between me and the gig, I doubt my scooter would float that far

how about a live streaming video feed ?

Unhappy I'd do anything to live on the other side of the Antalntic

and take part to anything u organise! My bike won't take me there, my budget won't afford a trip to Montreal...damn!

An international on-line conference perhaps?!

:keir:
    "The Essence of Balance is Detachment"
    Glyph07

Originally Posted by bambini
    I would, but Google Maps seems to be having trouble working out driving directions between Ashford (UK) and Montreal
    You mean you haven't got one of these yet?

I'd love to, but I'm way to short on cash, I will make an exception if I hear of more people going. like at least 5.
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

there are 3 TDS fans and 3 TDP/TMA fans, 3 of these want multiplayer and 3 want single player but you don't know who, your hydro car will only take three passengers, if the TDS fans outnumber the TDP/TMA fans they will gang up and kill them and vice versa, if the multiplayer fans outnumber the single player fans they will gang up and kill them and vice versa

your task is to ferry the fans across the atlantic in your hydrocar in as few trips as possible while not having anybody get killed...

Would I be out of line if I suggested that we stone the TDS fans to death for heresy and shove them in the boot of the hydrocar?

Only kidding, I actually didn't think TDS was all bad
    Procrastination is the Thief 4 forum

As all the multi-player fans have to be home by teatime or their Mummys will spank them and as it's a dead cert that 2 of these will be TDS fanboy/girls I see no problem, as the poor TDSer left will be flamed mercilessly till he strops off in a sulk.

(But then of course, the 2 TDP/TMAers left will be such ornery beggars they'll have killed each other before they've left sight of land.)

So...no travelers for Thi4f? Still two weeks left to make arrangements.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Nope not me, don't get me wrong I'd love to be there (so does most of us).
    But I don't have the time for it. I have to cross a big ocean, will need somewhere to sleep, fly back, I will have to take at least 2 days off for it.

Better luck next time, I hope other taffers out there have fun!
    Hello EM!
    *akward silence*

basically what Pieter888 said but add "skint" to the list as well

Originally Posted by Mr. K
    So...no travelers for Thi4f? Still two weeks left to make arrangements.
    I can only wish I could be there...
    All taffers that are able to go will have a fab time and, hopefully, find time to chill out at the local tavern after the show.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

How many taffers are gonna go through the trouble if they aren't going to be treated to concept art or something? But yeah, it's way too costly and inconvenient just to see some representatives. Maybe a list should be provided of what will be in store for taffers for all their trouble? We are taffers, afterall, and there's always a loot goal for a mission. It's a long way to socialize with acquaintances.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last