Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Batman or Superman

Batman or Superman

Batman or Superman

Who is your favorite one out of the two?

Mine is Batman i don't really like Superman he can do anything and has no weakness except kyptnite a little green rock from outer space is all it takes to weaken him Batman is better because he doesn't have any super powers other then his brilleant mind so he was able to get awesome gadgets and use them to take out thugs with skill and scare tactics plus his marial arts skills is a very good combat and all Superman can do for combat is punch the lights out of thugs but yeah overall in my opinion Batman is the better hero
    "Oooo whatcha sneakin' with ya Bats?..Oh c'mon tell me, tell me..Batarangs?..Batclaws?..Ooo Batsnacks"

Batman for alot of the same reasons. I don't dislike superman, but I do prefer batman to him.
    `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

You say that Superman can do anything, but in the same sentence say all he can do is punch people out?

What, superman punches people? Man, now I have lost ALL respect for the man of steel. Isn't he always talking about how batman takes things too far? It is the pot calling the kettle black, Kent.
    `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
    `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'

i love both of em i mean i guess batman is a little bit more out in front then superman but there my favorite hero team up because batman get stuff done and clark is kind of bruces conscience. superman can't do everything thats what make the comics great is that even being the all powerful being he is he still fails.

there i stood up for supes but i will admit i like the batman more
    Superman: i have stange favor to ask of you.
    Batman : No clark, you can't borrow my pirate ship.

Superman, he was my hero growing up. He might not have been as cool as Batman, but he's just a cool dude out there like a fireman or a police officer. He has a better sense of justice. He was my first DC comic. I love Batman all and all, but Superman has just been THAT hero. Not much else to describe.

I've always thought Batman was awesome. I knew at a young age that I could never amount up to any of the superheroes I watched other than Batman. The realism and plausability of someone like that while still low, appealed to me as a child, and Batman has been more or less the Favorite Superhero.

Btw, great picture. I love the Batman counterpart of that picture.

Batman is my favorite.

i just figured out how to post images lol so go easy on the size

Originally Posted by Dcool77
    Who is your favorite one out of the two?

Mine is Batman i don't really like Superman he can do anything and has no weakness except kyptnite a little green rock from outer space is all it takes to weaken him Batman is better because he doesn't have any super powers other then his brilleant mind so he was able to get awesome gadgets and use them to take out thugs with skill and scare tactics plus his marial arts skills is a very good combat and all Superman can do for combat is punch the lights out of thugs but yeah overall in my opinion Batman is the better hero
    It's pretty false to claim Superman can just people out. Superman is pretty much DC's symbol of a true hero that everyone cheers for. He is the "true american hero" archtype of the comics as Captain America is for Marvel comics.

Superman is the guy who lets people beat him up as he tanks pretty much because he knows he can take it. He can take a ass whooping easily because he knows he can fighty there tomorrow, because he cant see his fellow partners getting beaten up.

Now one thing i actually liked in Loeb's Superman|Batman: Public Enemies was that Superman was closely willing to kill Lex Luthor, but it was this time Batman who told him not to cross the line. ^^

I like Superman as this scientist guy who tries to protect the world the best he can, he lets the american goverment and justice league to have all kinds of kryptonite to get ready to stop Superman incase he gets brainwashed or whatnot.

Personally i do prefer Batman, since i've read more comics about him and whatnot. =p

Batman is my favourite by far, but I still like Superman. At first I thought he was cheap by having every super power but now I think he is pretty cool.

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    You say that Superman can do anything, but in the same sentence say all he can do is punch people out?
    Well ok he can also use his laser eyes as a combat attack too i guess but only for a second or two any more then that and he'd kill someone which we all know is a superhero don't. so he can basiclly use his super streath and punch a guy out cold

Originally Posted by iamtombombadil
    What, superman punches people? Man, now I have lost ALL respect for the man of steel. Isn't he always talking about how batman takes things too far? It is the pot calling the kettle black, Kent.
    I've could've swone i've seen Superman punch thugs but if he didn't how would he fight laser beam everyone out cold. That would be more too far then punching a guy i mean a laser beam burns lol..and can kill! as proven in a Justice League movie i can't remember the name of it but when Superman killed Luther the only thing that bothered me about it was after that everyone else Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash etc. joined him instead of taking him down for killing Luther which made Superman a murderer.
    "Oooo whatcha sneakin' with ya Bats?..Oh c'mon tell me, tell me..Batarangs?..Batclaws?..Ooo Batsnacks"

Superman doesn't normally fight thugs though.

Superman just pretty much saves the day all the time hehe. =P Sure he's based in Metropolis and his own fortress in North pole, but still he pretty much handles the biggest problems that come. Either alone or with the Justice League.

It seems everyone here doesn't know Superman is a genius scientist who tries to get stuff like cancer cured and whatnot. Now theres that planet krypton going on where the kryptonians are trying to get a new settlement for themselves.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    It seems everyone here doesn't know Superman is a genius scientist who tries to get stuff like cancer cured and whatnot. Now theres that planet krypton going on where the kryptonians are trying to get a new settlement for themselves.
    And in certaine asspects, he is smarter than the Dark Knight himself. Though not in everything.

Yeah i never understood people always clamouring how Batman is the smart one and calling Superman a dumb guy who only can punch people.

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Yeah i never understood people always clamouring how Batman is the smart one and calling Superman a dumb guy who only can punch people.
    They've been reading too much Frank Miller.

I prefer Batman over Superman, although both are great heroes. Batman is just cooler in a way, and has a nicer style.
    Happiness is an illusion. Suffering is real.

I can't decide, on costume alone, Batman, although The only difference I'd make too Superman is make him wear gloves
    I prefer Batmans villains as well, but that doesn't really effect who I prefer

They're both so great though
    "An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded" - Blood Raven Librarian

Why does Superman need to wear gloves?

Originally Posted by Old_BenKenobi
    Why does Superman need to wear gloves?
    Fingerprints.

Do Kryptonians have finger prints?

I enjoy Batman way more than superman. But Superman is still one of my favorites.

Originally Posted by bathead
    Fingerprints.
    Who's gonna take Superman's fingerprints? The man doesn't even wear a mask!

Thats why Superman doesn't wear gloves or a mask, he's so much more open than Batman is.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last