Page 4 of 10 First First 12345678 ... Last

Thread: Batman: Brave and Bold season 2

Batman: Brave and Bold season 2

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Definatly one of the funniest episodes there was, not to mention Kiteman's origin was kinda cool in it's own silly way.
    I kinda prefered the origin where he is an overgrown Charlie Brown traumatized with the kite-eating tree.

Still, an excellent episode.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...wftucker02.php

James Tucker interview, here's some interesting info:
    - Chill of the Night won't come out until March
    - Metal Men will appear
    - Firestorm
    - Two-parter episodes confirmed.
    - the Doom Patrol
    - More Kamandi
    - More Batman villains
    - More Batman family members.

Also this is why Tucker is freaking awesome guy and why i love Brave and Bold:
    Q: Were you ever worried that the first season might become too bright or light for casual viewers to follow, especially in the light of "The Dark Knight" and the animated DTV efforts? What did you do to make sure each episode was attractive to both the casual viewer and the regular one?

A: When I sat with Michael Jelenic, the co-producer and story editor, the thing I stressed was that the stories should have Heart, Humor and Heroism.

Also good news! New episode info given!:
    Friday, January 1st, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Revenge of the Reach!"
    Blue Beetle's scarab is revealed to be linked to an army of evil aliens known as the Reach. Does he have the power to resist their influence?

Friday, January 8th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!"
    Aquaman attempts to take a family vacation with Mera and Arthur Jr., but can't resist helping heroes along the way.

Friday, January 15th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Golden Age of Justice!"
    An aging JSA is faced with the return of their worst enemy, Per Degaton, as he returns from suspended animation to enact a plan for world-domination, while Black Canary helps Wildcat face his greatest regrets.

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Sidekicks Assemble!"
    Aqualad, Robin and Speedy have had it with being bossed around and demand a piece of the action, but they get more than they bargained for when they find themselves facing off against Ra's Al-Ghul and his flying island!

Friday, January 29th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Clash of the Metal Men!"
    Batman is introduced to a team of energetic androids known as the Metal Men. When their creator goes missing at the hands of the Gas Gang, Batman helps them track the villains to get him back.

So we're getting Ras' al ghul, Aquaman juniour and more Robin?! yeah!

B & B's facebook page confirmed Wonder Woman for s2 as well. I just hope they don't go TOO heavy on the silver age theme and have her do nothing but sit around tied up for the whole episode.
    A glimpse into the mind of one of Gotham's rogues, from inside the walls of Arkham Asylum. - Inside Eden's Mind - Chapter 26 is Up!

From Comics Continuum:

An upcoming teaser segment on Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold will be based off one of the most talked-about comic-book covers in Batman's history, The Continuum learned.

The teaser for "The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will originate from the cover of Detective Comics #241. The March, 1957 issue featured "The Rainbow Batman!"

"The idea was to take one of the most infamous Batman covers and turn it in to a compelling teaser," co-producer/story editor Michael Jelenic told The Continuum. "We begin with the cover's image and dialogue, but from there it¹s mostly an original take with nods to other 'out there' Batman covers."

The original comics story had Batman donning different colored costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had hurt his arm rescuing a little girl. It has been described as one of the most ridiculous stories in Batman lore.

"The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will feature the return of Bat-mite. The episode, written by Steve Melching, has not been scheduled yet.
    Yeah this show is truly the greatest Batman show ever.

comicscontinuum.com and World's Finest have new screenshots and videos on "Revenge of the Reach".

Nice! Your link has too much http:// tho. Awesome to see Canary's and Batman's Mentors in the show! I love this so show much!

Preview for the 2nd season!

Originally Posted by Drazar
    Nice! Your link has too much http:// tho. Awesome to see Canary's and Batman's Mentors in the show! I love this so show much!

Preview for the 2nd season!

Thanks for the advice. Fixed the link now.

Looks like we'll be having another villian arc like Equinox, this time with Starro.

This episode had the campiest and silliest intro ever haha! The Challangers of the Unknown! I LOVED the ending of the teaser.. We can already see who is going to be one of the main villains of Season 2.

Episode itself, great stuff. From "One Punch!" to Jaime Reyes' inner battle and him becoming a hero who can handle things on hisself. Great episode, one of those serious ones with less humour, but really great stuff. Loved to see Kilowogg and G'nort!

I have to giggle about tho, how DC is trying to make Hal Jordan so popular now, yet this show has Guy Gardner. But hey even his characterics is getting progressed!

Wow what a great interview! Here's some good parts:
    We should expect more breaks in the B&B formula, starting with this past week’s episode. The teaser is actually the launch of what’s going to be a 12-part story arc featuring a rather well-remembered villain from the DC intergalactic rogue’s gallery.

“One thing that might be of interest about the Reach episode is the teaser will be the Challengers of the Unknown,” says Jelenic. “It’s a fun intro to them. It also starts an extended story arc that will go on for the next 12 or so episodes. It will feature Starro. I won’t give anything else away, although I will say you might see some familiar comic book cover/homage in the future.”
    Really liking there trying this. Usually the Batman cartoons don't have a linear pacing where each episode follows a bigger-grander plot but this seems cool as heck!

More on those in the near future. This weekend saw the main story expand on Jelenic and Tucker’s concept of the Blue Beetle.

“He’s our main kid character,” says Jelenic. “When we conceived him, we wanted to make him the novice superhero. So we put him in a lot of situations that called on that. With this latest episode, called ‘Revenge of the Reach,’ we learn the origin of the Scarab. Not Ted Kord, we learned about him in the previous episode. We learn more about the implications of the Scarab and how it was developed to fight the Reach’s sworn enemy, the Green Lantern Corp. He’s going to be in the middle of that.”
    Yep i love the idea that Blue Beetle is the novice here. Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon... All the Bat-family members here are already full grown heroes here, no need to show how they became good!

“Because Aquaman has been such a breakout character for us, we decided to have him in a whole episode,” says Jelenic. “We had a lot of fun with him teaming up with the Atom in the first seasons, so wanted to see him team up with other heroes in the Brave and Bold catalogue, which we then divided up into vignettes.
    Loving the fact they're giving us fans this joyful Aquaman episode. Long live the king of the sea!

That’s right; the Caped Crusader ends up primarily doing cameos in his own show. Jelenic won’t disclose the villains, desiring to keep some surprise going. On the other hand, he’s more than willing to talk about working with John DiMaggio, best known for voicing Futurama’s ever-loving mechanical misanthrope, Bender. As B&B fans know, DiMaggio is a key reason for Arthur’s emergence as a top B&B guest star.
    This reminds me of the Red Tornado episode where he creates a son. The supporting cast in this show is so flexible, i really don't mind these episodes where the "support" is the main cast for a particular episode.

n fact, in Aquaman’s second appearance ever, he improved most of the most memorable lines. A lot of the lines where Aquaman comes off as slightly dim? Those were DiMaggio’s improvs. Also, whenever DiMaggio, Diedrich and Kevin Michael Richardson are in the booth together, very little work gets down. Those three start improvising, trying to top each other, and it really is fun to watch. Luckily, we know what we are getting into though.”
    Outrageous!

Preview for Aquaman's adventure. It's the World War 2 episode teaser they talked about!!!

i saw the Aquaman episode tonight... and I must say that it may have surpassed "Legends of the Dark Mite" as my favorite episode. Completely hilarious. Loved seeing Penguin too.

Most outrageous fan service ever! I even It was so awesome i had to write it down:
    Teaser episode:

So Batman has time traveled to World War 1 (could be 2, doesn't matter) where we see a German soldier having a familiar moustache a certain führer had. (Yes this show gave Adolf Hitler a cameo, who could have thought!) So we have Batman teaming up with Enemy Ace because some kind of an Cthulu alien has come to change the tides of the war. Batman and Enemy Ace succeed in destroying the canon and thus the aliens escape.

AQUAMAN'S OUTRAGEOUS ADVENTURE!

So the episode opens with Aquaman daydreaming of his outrageous heroics, but is woken up by Mera who feels Aqualad isn't interested enough in the landdweller cutlture and whatnot. Mera's a cool woman (not a whiner, but a strong woman!) while Aqualad sports a "emo" hair but hey the guy's blond and seems to be playing some Aqua-handconsole! So yeah they get to Star City where news reports tell about Green Arrow fightning againts Clock King. Aquaman with a glee on his eyes says the coolest one-liner of the episode:
    Aquaman: Why hello there danger... We meet again!

AQUAMAN & THE GREEN ARROW IN: THE CLOCK KING STRIKES!

So the world's greatest bowman teams up with the world's greatest hero. Clock King gets easily defeated and the night is saved! Never underestimate the power of team up! Not to mention Apple pie tastes good.

Aquaman & the Family then move to a wild west city to see some cowboy culture! But oh noes! Blue Beetle is facing the Planet Master! This calls for....

AQUAMAN & BLUE BEETLE IN: THE PLAGUE OF THE PLANET MASTER

So Planet Master has the power of all planets... even Pluto which Blue Beetle remarks isn't even a planet anymore, oh yeah the BEST Adult joke ever from Jaime.

Blue Beetle:You really don't wanna see the power of uranus.

But hey with Blue Beetle teaming up with the world's greatest hero, the Planet Master easily gets taken down! Beetle even gets an royal invitation to Atlantis!

Sadly Mera and Aqualad bust Aquaman from doing heroics and thus Aquaman promises to spent the vacation fully with the family, and thus

AQUAMAN & THE AQUAMAN FAMILY IN: THE AQUAMAN FAMILY VACATION!

Aquaman travels around America for sight seeings with his family while spotting Hal Jordan, Red Tornado and the Atom doing heroics, he gets abit sad! But luckily his good friend Batman calls... But it turns out to be Penquin who has trapped the caped Crusader! So Aquaman swiftly takes his family to Gotham City! While Aquaman tries to rescue Batman from world's greatest penquin-related death-trap-of-utter-destruction-and-doom Aquaman gets an encouraging talk from Mera and shows why he *is* the King of the Sea, so we get to our finale:

BATMAN & THE AQUAMAN FAMILY IN: THE FLIGHT OF THE PENQUIN!

World's Greatest Detective teams up with the World's greatest family and the day is saved! I shall spare the details and enjoy the viewer seeing this epicness! I have to admit tho Penquin's voice is cool and his Silver Age design is kick-ass! I also digged his thugs all wearing Tuxedos!

Well what can i say. This was the most Outrageous fan service i've yet seen with me own eyes!

PEnguin.. had... his PENGUIN SUBMARINE!
    First time I've had a fanboy moment of pure glee in a long long time! I half expected to see a "BIFF!" when Batman socked him.

This episode truly was OUTRAGEOUS!
    A glimpse into the mind of one of Gotham's rogues, from inside the walls of Arkham Asylum. - Inside Eden's Mind - Chapter 26 is Up!

Well I'm going to steal a segment from the Toonzone fourms where I give the lowdown on any new characters appearing in the show.

Mera and Arthur Jr.- Mera first appeared in Aquaman #11 as the queen of Dimension Aqua. It was under attack and she found Aquaman, he helped, couple months later kid in regualar Earth.As of now she is heavily involved in Blackest Night and she has been changed by the events. Arthur Jr. or Aquababy as he was known as in the comics first appeared in Aquaman #23. He would occasionally go with his parents on adventures, but eventually Aquaman's nemesis Black Manta got him and took him to the surface where he suffocated. This led to the seperation of Aquaman and Mera. I also believe Arthur Jr.'s suit came from the Aquaman limited series in the 80s

Planet-Master-Taking out my handy-dandy Batman Encyclopedia I learned that the Planet-Master first appeared in Detective Comics #296 in 1961. The Planet-Master was a scientist named Norbet. He found a meteor and when he inhaled the fumes his body chemistry and moral codes changed. His assiasstant, Edward Burke, heped along his path to villainy since the Planet-Master was like a seperate personaility to Norbet. He didn't have any powers like in the show, but he did base crimes around the solar system and had equipment to help him. Eventually his alternate personality wore off when fighting Batman and Robin and he was cleared of the charges. Edward Burke was not.

Bug-Eyed Bandit- That guy fighting The Atom is him. The first Bug-Eyed Bandit appeared in Atom #26. An inventor with a groovy beard named Bertram Larvan. He had no financial backing for his inventions so he stole money and came into conflict with the Atom. He even found out The Atom's real identity, but was hit with his own amnesic gas. In prison a bump on the head regained his memories as The Bug-Eyed Bandit and he set out for vengence against The Atom. He fights, gets amnesia again. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths he was killed by The Anti-Monitor's Shadow Demons alongside the second Clayface, Matt Hagen. He was resurrected as one of the Black Lanterns in Blackest Night # 4. The second Bug-Eyed Bandit is Bertram Larvan Jr. who first appeared in Justice League America #43 and is not very successful.

The Sportsmaster Family- The wife Paula Brooks first appeared in Sensation Comics #68 in the 40s, but her origin was not revealed until Young All-Stars came out. She was a fan of the second Manhunter Paul Kirk and joined the Young All-Stars to help him and she died fighting Axis America. She was later ressurected and became a villain and married Sportsmaster. Their Daughter, Artemis Crock, followed in their footsteps and became a supervillain first appearing in Infinity Inc. #34. She was a member of Injustice Unlimited and broke her parents out of jail. Later she joinmed another formation of Injustice Unlimited and is still on an off-again, on-agian relationship with the second Icicle.

I'm not doing Penguin because most people should know who he is.
    HELP THE CAUSE! DONATE TO THE CHURCH OF RAZOR

Thanks! I was wondering who the villain was who Atom fought! It's true the Aqualad costume seems to be inspired by Aquaman's 80s mini where he had a white+blue costume.

Man next week we get a some JSA vs. Nazi villainy, oh yeah!

Yeah the Brave and the Blod team is taking some liberties with some of the obscure characters since Larvan didn't have any powers. And here's one I forgot

Enemy Ace- First appearing in Our Army At War #151 Hans von Hammer was a German Plane Fighter in World War I though he did have strong ties with honor. He eventually befriended a dog named Schatzi who is accepted by his wolf. He also took him when he went on missions. But on one fateful mission fighting the British, tragedy struck. The British mananged to knock Schatzi out of the plane and he died. Enemy Ace then proceeded to kill all the British soldiers. Most recently he appeared in Booster Gold helping Booster out.

You know... We have these characters confirmed: Starro arc spreads thru 12 episodes. Wonder Woman and Superman are confirmed....:

Could it be we can get the Justice League?!?!

So is the arc going to be through the teasers with a final full episode or will it be a mixture of teaser and full episode?

No clue. It's probably going to be build up by introducing new heroes and then having a 2-parter episode. Kinda like the Owlman arc.

And here's another one I forgot...

The Fisherman-First appearing in Aquaman #21 Fishy was a master in the black market and used specialized lures and such. Later during Infinite Crisis he was shot dead by two Gotham detectives. An autotopsy revealed it was not the same man as the original. Later a new Fisherman arrived revealing the helmet to be an alien who helped the Fishermen instill fear in their victims.

Firestorm concept art. Source would be Facebook for those curious.

Fun fact about Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure:

This is the one he visits at Vanity. A platform extending over a chasm, with a small rail around it. Nothing that could prevent anyone from jumping.

Vanity, created by Grant Morrison as the home of his hero Aztek, is well known as the suicide capital of the DCU. There's something just plain WRONG with the place that frequently results in people killing themselves. God i love the Batman: Brave and Bold team. They got such a dark sense of humour at times haha.

Allright it's JSA time! It's the Golden Age of Justice!

JSA Flashback (Golden Age Black Canary Costume!)
    Golden Age Batman costume!
    JSA!

saw "golden age of justice". very uh, watchmen-like. i liked the teaser episode with False Face & detective chimp a lot more. the mystery reveal freaked me out lol i didn't expect it.

JSA = Minutemen
    JLA = The Crime Busters

Yeah there is themes so making a Watchmen-like reference is pretty true. I LOVED the Batman TAS symbol in the JSA Museum hall. Let me see if someoen can get a picture of it.

Overall it was a good and enjoyable episode. Liked the Black Cat touch, tho it was rather predictable if you're a comic nerd lol. Still it's always cool to see Nazi Robots in a cartoon lol.

Next week! Ras' al Ghul's flying island!

Page 4 of 10 First First 12345678 ... Last