Thread: 'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

'Gordon Crash' - Information Request

When you say you moved all of your docs to a temp dir. and then ran patch.. does the patch go the original dir or the new? I assume old and then you copy the files back into original file and do not overwrite.

My game usually freezes/crashes before Gordon in the long cutscene with the joker before Gordon... anyone else had this issue and used this fix yet?

Are you guys deleted all of the files in the Batman folder, or just the PhysX stuff in the /max folder? Please let me know.

Cheers~

Originally Posted by MforMoniker
    Are you guys deleted all of the files in the Batman folder, or just the PhysX stuff in the /max folder? Please let me know.

Cheers~
    It doesn't matter. Just move all the files and run the patcher. The patcher doesn't care if nothing is there as it will just write the new files. Once the new files are written move everything back and don't overwrite anything. If you overwrite anything then you would just be overwriting the new 1.1 files with the old 1.0 files. You'd end up in the same position as you started.

wow thanks for this tip! btw, you guys may want to try what i did:

1. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder to "Batman Arkham Asylum 2"
    2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
    3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
    4. delete "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder
    5. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum 2" back to "Batman Arkham Asylum"
    6. run game and play!

Originally Posted by wekwek

2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
    3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
    6. run game and play!
    Well that worked just fine. Game isn't crashing now. PhysX is working like it should now.

is what mine looks like, seems like the top line is larger then normal

It seems that most of the issue comes fron Physicx. My PC is unable to run nor do my country support LIVE, so is it ok for me not to install the patch?

Originally Posted by wekwek

6. run game and play!
    I just did everything here and I still crash everytime I am about to meet killer croc and the first cutscene. Here is my file after i followed the instructions for the patch. Please note that not all the dates are what you posted and the top file is 40 kbs larger then yours.

Morning guys, made a sticky.

Thanks Muggins/Rocksteady for sorting this out.. I've checked the original files from D2D master, and the dates are all correct in there, so can only guess that because the files are downloaded that somewhere along the line the dates of the files get updated as `saved` to the users HD (whereas from a disc they cant as disc is readonly) and thats the possible root of the problem.

Was it only D2D versions that had this issue? or was steam also affected?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Was it only D2D versions that had this issue? or was steam also affected?
    I bought my game at EB games (GameStop). Not sure if they use
    the same version as D2D. It uses Live to connect.

I had the crash issue too, but solved it using the instructions here.

Muggins - you sir, rock.
    "......It reminds me of Beethoven..... can you hear it?"

Nope, i still crash before i meet Gordon.

Followed your instructions to the word as well.

I'm really getting annoyed now, not been able to play since 1.30pm yesterday.

will this fix the crash if you have an ATI card? or is it only for nvidia cards with physix?

Just to round this thread off.

Users may experience a crash BEFORE the Batman is controllable. In these cases, the most common cause is the 'documents' folder being set to point to a physically* different location than either windows or the installation of the game (im not sure which yet).

To resolve this issue for now, you'll need to redirect your 'my document' folder to your default C drive location where the game is installed.

*i.e. partitions of the same physical drive seem to handle this just fine.

Originally Posted by fe-man
    will this fix the crash if you have an ATI card? or is it only for nvidia cards with physix?
    The problems listed here are not specific to any particular hardware, other than your ability to turn on physx effects with a non-nvidia card may be affected.

Where is your particuar problem, or are you asking 'just in case'?

The easiest way to see if you need to force the patcher to update files is by looking at the Max/PhysX_A1 file or whatver it is. Pre-Patch it is 666KB in size. After patch it's smaller. So if you've applied the patch and the file still shows 666KB - Follow the fix action.

Or what for a patcher to come out that doesn't fail at life.

Eidos, I am on day 3 of not being able to play this game so far, getting a little pissed that I can not play at this point. As stated above I have done all the actions you have suggested, except checking on where my documents folder is at (ill try once i get home). But I can usually get killer croc and then my game freezes up. I have posted my files sizes and dates and no one has responded with any suggestions. PLEASE HELP

Originally Posted by Muggins
    The problems listed here are not specific to any particular hardware, other than your ability to turn on physx effects with a non-nvidia card may be affected.

Where is your particuar problem, or are you asking 'just in case'?
    well im still crashing at the gorden cut scene everytime and im also crashing during the eidos logo before the main menu so half the time, i cant even get to the main menu so im not sure if the patch will fix it or not

Hm, am I doing something wrong? I've followed the instructions as far as I could, but when I launch "setup.exe" the patcher's installer tells me that I've either not installed BAA or it cannot be found.

Afro-samurai - you're crashing in a different location as the others, which is interesting. Have you been able to control batman at this point?

Longshot - when you say you followed the steps laid out by other forum members, did you swap out *all* files or only those files in the max folder? It sounds like some of your data from the rest of the installation may be faulty. I focussed on the Max folder as its small and easy to look at compared to the whole installation.

1155KB for Max_A1_CH2567_PhysX.umap is actually correct, somehow that typo slipped through. I'll edit my original text.

Can you confirm if this crash does not occur when physx is turned off?

Originally Posted by fe-man
    well im still crashing at the gorden cut scene everytime and im also crashing during the eidos logo before the main menu so half the time, i cant even get to the main menu so im not sure if the patch will fix it or not
    I'm not entirely sure whats gone wrong here. If you cant get to the main menu it sounds like something else broke. Was it always like this, or a result of moving files about etc? What is the error you're getting at the Eidos Logo?

If you could list the details I asked for in my original post in this thread that would be useful.

Originally Posted by Clum-Z-Boy
    Hm, am I doing something wrong? I've followed the instructions as far as I could, but when I launch "setup.exe" the patcher's installer tells me that I've either not installed BAA or it cannot be found.
    This sounds a bit like something that Jaycw2309 has been looking at - any luck in the other threads? Sounds like a registry problem with the installation.

I'm not entirely sure whats gone wrong here. If you cant get to the main menu it sounds like something else broke. Was it always like this, or a result of moving files about etc? What is the error you're getting at the Eidos Logo?

If you could list the details I asked for in my original post in this thread that would be useful.
    i just found out that if i delete the eidos logo movie file from the game's folder then i can get to the main menu no problem. i also deleted the gorden vid and i can get past that too now.

Originally Posted by Clum-Z-Boy
    I've figured it out. The problem was that I have several HDDs, and I had installed BAA on one I dedicate to games. I uninstalled, then re-installed it on the C drive, and everything's going smoothly now.

Afro-samurai - you're crashing in a different location as the others, which is interesting. Have you been able to control batman at this point?

Longshot - when you say you followed the steps laid out by other forum members, did you swap out *all* files or only those files in the max folder? It sounds like some of your data from the rest of the installation may be faulty. I focused on the Max folder as its small and easy to look at compared to the whole installation.

1155KB for Max_A1_CH2567_PhysX.umap is actually correct, somehow that typo slipped through. I'll edit my original text.

Can you confirm if this crash does not occur when physx is turned off?
    I tried last night with it on and I still crash when I see killer croc or around that part of the first cutscene. Is there a way to skip the whole intro and go to the first fighting scene?

I have tried with Physx off and on, I can control batman as he walks Joker to gordon. I usually get to Croc and my game crashes. What do you think about the dates of the files?

My current specs are: 680I sli, 1 9800 gt (2nd coming monday) 2.75 gbs of ddr2 ram, razor ac-1 audio card ( i have disabled card with no success), today I got my new 790i sli mobo and 4 gbs of ddr3 ram, i dont think it will change anything but who knows. I have read other people have similar specs as mine or lower able to play this game. But it could be that graphics are to much for my 9800 gt, ill try to lower the graphics to the lowest amount and report back to you.

Any other suggestions? Be nice if eidos had someone to respond to me.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last