Page 2 of 25 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

Originally Posted by KingZopah
    I'd like to bump in here with what I've noticed - if you modify or otherwise adjust your saves via any method other than the character booster, you get all sorts of weird bugs.

I haven't been able to sync my files with the cloud for days, which corresponds to when I modified the saves. I take it it's because I have a different checksum or something since I've actually modified the save files.

What I think we need is a way to clear the cloud or at least force the cloud to accept the local files as more relevant and overwrite everything on the cloud, because as it stands I cannot use the cloud saves functionality, and support have said they're 'escalating' it but I am yet to hear back from them. I'd love to hear a solution if there is one..
    It wasn't really that because I have seen profiles that have synced with altered files.

Oh interesting. I'd love to know why mine still refuse to sync then. My profile shows 3 saves, and currently I'm only using one slot.

UPDATE: Just saved my game so it is 3 saves in the first slot and unfortunately that didn't fix it, I thought lining the Cloud and the Local up might allow them to sync but no dice. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by imported_James

I'd like to bump in here with what I've noticed - if you modify or otherwise adjust your saves via any method other than the character booster, you get all sorts of weird bugs.

I haven't been able to sync my files with the cloud for days, which corresponds to when I modified the saves. I take it it's because I have a different checksum or something since I've actually modified the save files.

What I think we need is a way to clear the cloud or at least force the cloud to accept the local files as more relevant and overwrite everything on the cloud, because as it stands I cannot use the cloud saves functionality, and support have said they're 'escalating' it but I am yet to hear back from them. I'd love to hear a solution if there is one..

It wasn't really that because I have seen profiles that have synced with altered files.

could be that people are using the save game editor for the 1990s pc release which changes the save file to some extent that.... like the checksum i guess... Then theres the people who uses things like Cheat Engine to hack the game which is less intrusive i guess.

Originally Posted by Mikoto
    Originally Posted by imported_James

could be that people are using the save game editor for the 1990s pc release which changes the save file to some extent that.... like the checksum i guess... Then theres the people who uses things like Cheat Engine to hack the game which is less intrusive i guess.
    When I used cheatengine, my game files still saved - in fact, the third save in my first slot has like 100,000,000 gil on it on my profile. I then used a german editor and since then it won't sync my saves, nor will it download my saves if I clear my directory - which is what's bothering me, if I could restore my cloud saves, I'd be willing to re-do my progress in exchange for having the syncing back.

Something tells me that the DE editor changed your checksum to one for a PAL version of the game. I would try opening up my saves in something like Black Chocobo and see if you can get them to save with an NA checksum.

Excellent point, although I did buy the game from the EU store, it's probably NA regardless. I'll play with blackchocobo and get back to you.

Just to confirm, I deleted my FF7 folder (backed up my current saves) and rebooted the game - it still won't sync the ones on my profile.

Update: Nada, set the region to NA and it's still not syncing. I think the fact it won't download the saves from the profile is the most telling part - why is that? If I have no saves in my directory, why won't it just serve me the ones from my profile?

When I go to the save spot question mark in the game and select save it won't let me complete the save? Does anyone have a fix?

Here I was just playing away, and lo and behold I come across a save point. I go up to it and attempt to save, but the game says I have no save file. Note that this was after the church scene. I keep on playing and come across another save point. Same thing. I had hoped maybe there was some sort of auto-save going on, so I just quit the game and restart. The only option was New Game. I exited the launcher and restarted. Now there was a Continue option, but my save data was from the Section 5 reactor.

Has this happened to anyone else? My internet connection never went out, so I''m certain that was not the problem.

Just wanted to chime in that the same thing is happening to me on my desktop vs laptop.

The main saves are on my dekstop, but don't seem to transfer to the laptop.

I think I have the same issue. Client at home sees the save file I made at work normally. But at work, it doesn't see the home saves and states it corrupted.

Latest save file I saved at home appears at work, but one slot above is corrupted. ~_~

There should be more settings to control the Cloud saves.

Hi,
    I am currently unable to play FF7 because it attempts to erase my local saves every time I run the game, but it does not replace them with the Cloud saves. If I make any local progress and exit the game, it will not sync them to the cloud either. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be some serious bug there. I am basically unable to play the game because I can't pull my saves off the cloud (even if I delete my FF7 folder under My Documents > Square Enix). Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

I have the same problem. Yesterday afternoon I played around an hour and saved the game. After that I had to go walk the dog. Last night I played quite a bit and saved the files. Today at girlfriends home I wanted to play on my laptop. I installed the game and wanted to load my savegames. Unfortunately I saw my savegame and loaded it, but it was the first savegame from yesterday afternoon. Conclusion: The save files were synched after I played an hour or so, but not when I continued the night.

I guess there might be something wrong with the upload progress to the cloud? Hope this will be fixed soon, cause I only bought the game to play it at two places without having to send me the savefiles everytime...

Originally Posted by Willimar

I have the same problem. Yesterday afternoon I played around an hour and saved the game. After that I had to go walk the dog. Last night I played quite a bit and saved the files. Today at girlfriends home I wanted to play on my laptop. I installed the game and wanted to load my savegames. Unfortunately I saw my savegame and loaded it, but it was the first savegame from yesterday afternoon. Conclusion: The save files were synched after I played an hour or so, but not when I continued the night.

I guess there might be something wrong with the upload progress to the cloud? Hope this will be fixed soon, cause I only bought the game to play it at two places without having to send me the savefiles everytime...

I had the same problem yesterday, except I've only been playing the game on one machine. At first, my save files were syncing successfully, but the coupld of hours' worth of progress I made yesterday didn't end up saving to the cloud for some reason. I'm 100% certain my connection never cut out, so it's clear that there are some issues on SE's end at the moment.

I know two hours isn't particularly long when we're talking about a game as big as Final Fantasy VII, and I'm not unwilling to go through that section of the game again, but I'm hesitant to do so before these cloud problems have been fully sorted. It's a bit of a shame seeing as I was greatly enjoying the PC experience of the re-release, but I'll be waiting for some kind of update before risking any similar problems cropping up again.

"Failed to sync save games from server."

Saved last night for the first time got about 45 mins into it(Not really far) and went to bed. Woke up this morning and started it up, but I got this error message and for some reason my save file was gone. Was gonna start a new guy but wanted to check to see if anyone else has gotten this error or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if the same bugs that existed in the original FF7 release are in the re-release. I know that sometimes the game would bug out and corrupt save files from time to time.

Originally Posted by vertuptop
    Saved last night for the first time got about 45 mins into it(Not really far) and went to bed. Woke up this morning and started it up, but I got this error message and for some reason my save file was gone. Was gonna start a new guy but wanted to check to see if anyone else has gotten this error or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
    Similar error - I think what's happening is that the cloud saves are trying to replace the local saves, but for whatever reason, this isn't happening. So the game is deleting your local saves to replace them with the cloud ones, but then never actually putting the cloud ones in there. Thus, no save files.

I've been having this problem continuously and I'm yet to find a resolution - you could try deleting the FF7 directory under my Documents and running the launcher to see if it will redownload the cloud saves, but this hasn't worked for me as yet.

So after some testing Ifound out if you just wait 12 hours or so the saves will sync. It just takes entirlyloo long.

So I'm about 8 hrs in and I can't save the game. When I try, all the save spots are grayed out and it says "no save data file".

Obviously im at a save point or out in the open world.

What gives.

I noticed this after about 20 minsof playtime, foolishly thought it would go away and kept playing, and now I've played >1hr and still can't save.

It's greyed out. Try to save there anyway.

It's greyed out. Try to save there anyway.

When I checked last night, I had a save in my #4 slot with 3 cloud pictures as the party. I must have been lucky because when I first loaded FF7 up, my latest save was there and I saved it in a different slot after making more progress.

Still ridiculous imho.

Does anyone know if the game, saves files on the pc or does it just do cloud saves? I cannot find a save file anywhere.

Originally Posted by imported_Jonathan
    Does anyone know if the game, saves files on the pc or does it just do cloud saves? I cannot find a save file anywhere.

People keep telling me that they're stored on the HDD, but they never told me where. At least I would LIKE to believe they're stored on the HDD; we need confirmation on this alleged information. Otherwise, we're screwed if/when Square Enix's servers crash.

I have the same issue, and I am unable to process as the local saves were removed!

I have this same problem...

Page 2 of 25 First First 12345612 ... Last