Thread: Silver Ballers not quite AMTs any more

Silver Ballers not quite AMTs any more

Silver Ballers not quite AMTs any more

Is it just me but the Silver baller in Absolution and Contracts no longer are based on the AMT Hardballers. The slide in Absolution has different front and Rear sight , the slide port opening is smaller, the rear sight is mounted with a dove tail cut, and the slide flat top seem to have changed.

The reason for comments is that I am planning a Silver Baller project and the AMTs are cheaper than building from scratch or purchasing a current 1911.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Hitman:_Contracts

You're right. Its not really a hard baller anymore. Most of the games in the series have had small but noticeable changes to 47's hardballer. I never played Hitman agent 47, but I have played all the others.

Hardballer From Hitman Codename 47

Hitman silent assassin had the original two tone finish. The slide was polished and the frame was a darker bead blasted finish. It also had the AMT logo but with IOI in the middle instead of AMT (for licensing reasons). The grips more closely resembled the original Pachmayr grips too.

Hitman contracts had hardballers with polished sides. Some pictures show the whole gun being polished. Contracts was the first to show Hitman insignia on the left of the slide and on the right of the frame. Cotracts was the first game to depict the Pachmayr American Legend grips with the wood and rubber finger groves.

Blood money allowed you to customize hitman's hardballer and therefor it looks very different than the original AMT hardballer. Even with out any modifications selected, the base silverballer in Blood Money doesn't resemble the Hardballer much at all. The engravings have the Hitman insignia on both sides of the frame.

So I guess if you were going to make a replica, you could first choose from which game. I'm also building a replica. I wanted to keep mine as original as possible but it would be hard to replicate the the grips in Hitman Silent Assassin. I found rubber wrap around grips with no finger grooves but it would be impossible to find someone to hitman insignia's and then come up with some method of attaching them to the rubber. So I chose the Silverballers in Contracts. Found the AMT Hardballer on gunbroker.com Paid $500 and its in great shape compared to a lot of the ones found on there. It has some scratches but I plan on polishing it any way. I came across these websites that can help with the details.

Wrap around grips with no finger grooves and no logo,
    http://store01.prostores.com/servlet...C-Black/Detail

Custom grips with hitman logo,
    http://www.gungrips.net/gun_grip_images.htm

Because I'm such a perfectionist, I decided to recreate the Hardballers from Hitman Contracts. I went with the Pachmayr American Legend grips found here,
    http://www.pachmayr.com/home/american-legend-grips.php

I plan on having the flats polished while keeping the rounds a lighter bead blast. Almost like the finish on a Colt Gold cup. Then I will have all the markings laser engraved.

I found this site that sells the threaded barrel and fake silencer.
    http://www.ftfindustries.com/mm5/mer...ry_Code=TB1911 -careful, threaded barrels are illegal in some states like Connecticut.
    Silver silencer from Hitman Silent Assassin silverballer
    http://www.ftfindustries.com/mm5/mer...tegory_Code=FS
    Black Silencer from Hitman Contracts silver baller
    http://www.ftfindustries.com/mm5/mer...tegory_Code=FS

Good luck with your replica!

I have already started the polishing process and every visible part is being polished. Currently at 280 grit. I have decided to make the medallions for the grips as well.
    http://www.weaponsguild.com/forum/in....msg608104#new

Nice. I couldn't follow your link. I didn't want to register. Maybe I will later.

I decided to keep the rounds and controls bead blasted. This is where I am now.

I started with 180 then 220 then 330 then 400 and finally 600. Finished off with an all purpose metal polish. I will probably do some touch up with the bead blasting. Fake silencer and threaded barrel are in the mail.

Logo placement and sizing....

Great Minds Think Alike

Here is a freehand mock-up I did for the engraver

I'm guessing that is a Hitman tieclip you have. Where did you find it? That looks like a perfect size for those grip medalions.

The tie clip medallion is .606". The grip medallions are .500". You get the tie clip from the link on the hitman page or check ebay.

What font and size are you using for the lettering?

Originally Posted by csbuceo
    The tie clip medallion is .606". The grip medallions are .500". You get the tie clip from the link on the hitman page or check ebay.

What font and size are you using for the lettering?
    I don't have a fancy CAD program so I just typed up the lettering using Microsoft Word. For CUSTOM SLIDE and AUTOMATIC I used Calibri (Body) in font size 11 in BOLD. For EL MONTE CA and CALIBER .45 I used Calibri (Body) in font size 8 not in bold. For the right side of the slide, STAINLESS MADE IN U.S.A. I used Calibri (Body) in font size 9 not in bold. For the right side of the frame, EL MONTE CA I used Calibri (Body) font size 8 not in bold. I think it came out pretty good. Pretty close to the examples in the games anyway.

So are you going to trim those medallions to fit or do you think it's close enough to drop in?

The tie pin medallion is to wide to drop in and trimming them will remove the silver rim plus potentially mess up the finish. Plus you would need to solder a threaded backing for the mounting screws.

I have to two ideas I am pursuing - Make replacements from scratch using the pachmayr logos as a template or mill the existing ones and laying new medallions on top.

Threaded Barrel and Fake Silencer came today!

I also dropped the "Silverballer" off at the engraver. I should get it back 4 weeks from today.

What file format did you give the engraver?

BTW just picked up second AMT.

Originally Posted by csbuceo
    What file format did you give the engraver?

BTW just picked up second AMT.
    I went to him in person so I just brought those drawings that I posted above with instructions about font and placement. I also brought glossy photos from shots in the game, and examples of other replica silverballers that other people have made. I was able to explain more details and I'm pretty sure he understood what I wanted. Their design team is going to email me to o-k everything before they actually do any engraving. I'm real excited about how its going to come out. I got to tour the facilities and see some of the other work they've done.

A second Hardballer! That's awesome. Dual Silverballers!

Do you have any plans to change out the rear sight to match the dove tail sight in the pictures?

Nope. Just like in the Original Post about Silver Ballers don't really look like Hardballers anymore, you can drive yourself crazy about making it exact even though the game designers weren't exact.

For example, In almost all of the pictures in Contracts and Absolution the Hitman Insignia is directly over or slightly forward of the slide stop notch, while the picture from the contracts segment of Absolution has it rear of the slide stop notch.

At some point you need to decide its just going to look the way you want it to, even though it may not look like some pictures from the game.

320 grit....