Thread: New Game Reccomendations?

New Game Reccomendations?

Hi, I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for a few weeks now. Whilst the conception of the game and the graphics are excellent, I somehow finish a gaming session slightly disapppointed; I feel a bit divorced from the story in a way that I didn’t with games like: Fallout 3 and Bioshock. Over recent years I’ve played games such as Far Cry 2, Half Life 2 Series, Age of Empires 3, Quake 4, Splinter Cell – all of which I thought were good and worth completing at least twice. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as I’m after a game to play during the festive period – some that spring to mind are Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 1 + 2. Thx, and Merry Xmas.

Borderlands is only something I'd recommend if you're going to play in Co-op mode. Solo games in Borderlands are a little boring IMO, but it's a lot of fun when you throw some friends into the mix.

Haven't looked into L4D 1/2.

If you want a fun solo game that'll last a little while and is worth at least a couple playthroughs, I'd point you at Mirror's Edge. If you've got a prolonged break, I'd suggest getting that alongside another game though, just so that you don't run out of material.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    I am enjoying Dragon Age. Really a very well done game if you are into RPG's.

Smile

I am not familiar with most of the titles you mentioned, Kroolworld but a warm welcome to the Eidos gaming forums

I am not a keen player of war games or too much strategy so I basically stick to the adventurous games such as Indianna Jones and the old-skool Tomb Raider games.

My brother plays a lot of strategic military-style games. Maybe I could get a few titles from him to suggest!

Lucky for me there are some steadfast old-skool "Raiders" who use the Level Editor that came packaged with Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles. They use the software to create their own levels so the likes of myself and other fans can keep the dream alive!

I would happily suggest a few TR titles and there is a site that is devoted to Tomb Raider Level Editor. There are literally pages of free levels and if you do not have the actual Level Editor you can still play a lot of them as some do not require the Editor software and are playable straight from download.

They are not necessarily all "girly" levels either. There are some top builders of the male variety so the levels are very varied in their theme. There are all types of genres from jungles, castles, European and American levels to water-based ship adventures. The variety is awesome and every Christmas you can play snowy, Xmassy levels too!

Always happy to add a link if you are interested and we do have a TR: Level Editing section in the Tomb Raider boards here for handy links and help.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

It is my duty and obligation to reccomend the Legacy of Kain series. Start with Soul Reaver 1, you can pick it up for less than $10 on eBay and see if you like it. The suggested order from there (at least in my humble opinion) is Blood Omen 1, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, and then Defiance. You should be able to pick each up for between 5-15 dollars so you shouldn't go broke and the plot is amazing. With that said, Darkwatch, the Devil May Cry series, the God of War series, and Shadow of the Colossus are all worth buying and with the exception of the newest Devil May Cry and God of War games they're all pretty cheap. Hope this helps!
    Help out with the effort for a new Legacy of Kain game! (list updated on December 6th)
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...74#post1270474

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    I second this. They created a whole universe with history beyond your imagination in this game, and that was their intentions too. The only odd part is the "relationships" with your party members, I mean, you get bonuses for being a good leader...but it can get awkward with your wife watching you play it...some of these party members can get pretty extreme in showing their appreciation...

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    What class/race/gender?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCroc View Post
    I second this. They created a whole universe with history beyond your imagination in this game, and that was their intentions too. The only odd part is the "relationships" with your party members, I mean, you get bonuses for being a good leader...but it can get awkward with your wife watching you play it...some of these party members can get pretty extreme in showing their appreciation...
    It gets more sad when you end up asking people over the internet how to get laid in a video game. *cry*

Quote Originally Posted by Drazar View Post
    It gets more sad when you end up asking people over the internet how to get laid in a video game. *cry*
    That is funny. I have the strategy guide for that.

Well if anyone cares I have some of my character's stats.

Name: Tombstone
    Class: Warrior
    Origin: Commoner
    Weapon Preference: Two-Handed

Team
    Alistair
    Shale
    Morrigan

Morrigan is such a *insert rude words* at the beginning of the game tho. Love Shale! especially the twist in his origin!

My character (only got 1) is a Dalish elf warrior, i went with the setup of:
    - Morrigan
    - Shale
    - Leliana

Once i get a better PC (so i can jump from med quality to high, baby!) i'll prolly play a Human Noble ranger.

Morrigan is such a *insert rude words* at the beginning of the game tho. Love Shale! especially the twist in his origin!

My character (only got 1) is a Dalish elf warrior, i went with the setup of:
    - Morrigan
    - Shale
    - Leliana

Once i get a better PC (so i can jump from med quality to high, baby!) i'll prolly play a Human Noble ranger.
    I would've had another mage if we didn't agree on an issue...yeah, I love the fact that you actually have to struggle to keep some of the party members to stay with you. I've already had to kill one...right before a boss fight too. So you can imagine it was pretty tough to win...

Oh boy, let me guess:

Oh boy, let me guess:
    No...I can't risk that. If you do that some party members leave. I know of two that do, granted I killed one of them already *coughs*, but I can't imagine a lot of people would be happy with that. I have no idea how to unlock specializations yet, I bought a guide in the game to be a Bard, but I have no clue how to access it.

Dragon Age, Dante's Inferno, Bayonetta. Grande Games ! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCroc View Post
    No...I can't risk that. If you do that some party members leave. I know of two that do, granted I killed one of them already *coughs*, but I can't imagine a lot of people would be happy with that. I have no idea how to unlock specializations yet, I bought a guide in the game to be a Bard, but I have no clue how to access it.
    To be a Bard you have to pick the class that goes with that specialization. Rogue in this case. Once you unlock the specialization, you can choose it when you get a point for specializations (level 7 or 14). I unlocked the Shapeshifter specialization as a Mage and it was available right away, but the Bard I will have to play a different class. Oh, and I unlocked Blood Mage by

It's very interesting to see how different personalities bounce off one another at the same time. I took a daring approach to the romantic side of things and am pretty much with both Morrigan and Leliana. Weird part being, I keep them both in my party at the same time (2 mages is just OP for a party configuration), and when I do something that pleases one, the other is disgusted. No win-win here! I eventually had to make a choice between the two (ultimatum from Morrigan) and I chose Leliana.

PSN: Nemesis296
    XBL/GFWL: HyperN3mesis

BAYONETTA! you must get it <>_<>
    signature image