Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Video Capture Feature... GRRRRRR!

New Video Capture Feature... GRRRRRR!

Thumbs Down New Video Capture Feature... GRRRRRR!

Hello again, it is I HoboDealer!

After exploring the YouTube channel I came across a certain PS3 video showing the Karl Blain mission. Near the end I was very horrified to find that only the PS3 gets a video capture feature! This was extremely bad news to me, as I am a dedicated Xbox 360 owner. Please MyColdMan, you helped us out of the Cursed Red Flash, now help us out of this one! Maybe there could be a little capture library on the main menu or something?

What does everyone else think?
    Official Chaos Addict.

this bothers me as well, if the ps3 has it then the 360 should have a simular feature, its been done on the 360 before with games like halo 3 and the skate games so i dont think it should be a problem with just cause, i figured they could do something like the web site for skate

well man, i think its an exclusive thing wit sony and they already had the hardware that allows videocapture. xbox doesnt
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Originally Posted by Poor Bison
    Brauny is right.

We've all been mentioning this for a little while now. But I don't think we've heard anything back yet. I'm in the same boat. I love the video recording feature on halo 3. and I KNOW that i'll actually use it way more on JC2!!
    Insert clever signature here.

Originally Posted by brauny
    well man, i think its an exclusive thing wit sony and they already had the hardware that allows videocapture. xbox doesnt
    well with the xbox we may not be able to record and put onto youtube directly be we should be able to take video in game save it to our profile and the video would show up in our profile on the stats section here and we should be able to save the video to our computer from there, bungie does it with halo 3 and im sure theres something simular in skate, so it is possible even though its not as simple as what the ps3 has going on most people would like to edit their videos before puting them on anyway

You know, after watching the video a little closer, it looks like the PS3 only captures the last 30 seconds. So it's not like you could go back and watch everything you've done and pick out the awesome things. You just end up with a bunch of 30 second clips. and hope you didn't wait to long to capture it.

And bungie had a seperate server set up to be able to store all of those video files. As much as I'd like to see this happen. I'm doubtful. I'll just have to have my video camera set up while I play.

Originally Posted by hotduk
    You know, after watching the video a little closer, it looks like the PS3 only captures the last 30 seconds. So it's not like you could go back and watch everything you've done and pick out the awesome things. You just end up with a bunch of 30 second clips. and hope you didn't wait to long to capture it.

And bungie had a seperate server set up to be able to store all of those video files. As much as I'd like to see this happen. I'm doubtful. I'll just have to have my video camera set up while I play.
    in the video they said u can make it go up to the last 10 mins...so yeah

idk i would like a video capture feature for the 360, if they dont have it then it would be a very big let down to alot of fans because its a MAJOR feature to have

Originally Posted by hotduk

Originally Posted by GkrewZ
    in the video they said u can make it go up to the last 10 mins...so yeah

idk i would like a video capture feature for the 360, if they dont have it then it would be a very big let down to alot of fans because its a MAJOR feature to have
    so you both didn't really get what mycoldman said

you can always save the last 30 seconds
    but you can manually set it to record up to 10 minutes
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
    PSN: Flix--

Gotcha. I wasn't paying very close attention since I'm going to buy a PS3 just for the ability to record. But thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by Colonel Earnel
    so you both didn't really get what mycoldman said

you can always save the last 30 seconds
    but you can manually set it to record up to 10 minutes
    Im sorry but i never saw the original post by mycoldman since i only have a few posts anyway so sorry for my ignorance for something i have never seen and no one has been kind enough to repost it here so that i could fully understand, if it is something where they got paid off to make it only on ps3 i can understand but that doesent change the fact that many people would be bothered by it not just me but anyone who plays on xbox

im simply stating my opinion on the matter

Well its possible that the reason Xbox 360 isn't getting this is because Microsoft are developing a universal video capture system, to capture footage from all of their games anyway:

http://kotaku.com/5372976/is-microso...xbox-360-games
    In a meeting last week with a game developer at the Tokyo Game Show, I asked them if they were planning on trying to incorporate in-game video capture into their title. The type you see in Halo 3.

The answer was interesting and, I believe, accidental.

"We'd love to have video capture in our game, but why work on something that the platform holder is already developing," said the developer, who I'm keeping anonymous to cover for his accidental slip-up.
    signature image

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SECRETS. I LOVE SECRETS lol
    MARCH 23 2010 THE DAY THE WORLD WILL PAUSE B/C EVEN THE EARTH WILL STOP WAT ITS DOING WHEN IT REALIZES JC2 IS OUT Founder of ADHD
    Brauny is right.

Well its possible that the reason Xbox 360 isn't getting this is because Microsoft are developing a universal video capture system, to capture footage from all of their games anyway:

http://kotaku.com/5372976/is-microso...xbox-360-games
    now that id buy
    Thats my warmUP Founder of the New Panau Renegade Army (N.P.R.A.)

If they are even still developing it, it will likely come as a free update in the future
    signature image

Does it REALLY matter? Of course there is differences in the different versions of the game. Its not something mycoldman can just "fix". So what if the ps3 has a recording option? I dont think you will be having any less fun with it than anybody else.

rantrantrant

haha to bad ps3 for the win!
    We all living in a yellow(submachinegun?)marine.. tralla trllala,...

Lightbulb PS3 has the toolset to do so

Originally Posted by GkrewZ
    this bothers me as well, if the ps3 has it then the 360 should have a simular feature, its been done on the 360 before with games like halo 3 and the skate games so i dont think it should be a problem with just cause, i figured they could do something like the web site for skate
    My man, the video recording features on the Xbox360 like on Halo3 do not record video, they simply record the positions and actions of the players and then it replays it the way it happened that is why you are able to cruise around on the map while ***** is happening.

In no way the Xbox360 captures any video on Halo3, unlike the xbox360 the PS3 does have the option to capture video from what is being put out through the video cables.

Like what "fraps" does for the PC audience!

If Just Cause 2 were to record gameplay info the way the 360 likes to do it (like in Halo3), it would be a mess of coding job I presume.

I thought I'd share that, see it as a bonus for the PS3 audience, Sony provided the needed tools and Avalanche studios tought it would be appropriate to utilise it and I thank them for it.

Most devs are so lazy that they don't even bother to look into tools that are given by Sony.

If you really want to capture video like everybody else does on the 360 get a capturecard for your PC (like dazzle USB videocards)

That's how I capture my stuff from my Xbox360, but I'll be getting the PS3 version of Just Cause 2 ofcourse.

PS: Skate's video capture feature was just the samething, only more premitive and low quality.
    We want custom soundtracks in Just Cause 2 (PS3)
    http://modpoll.com/view/agdwb2xsMmdvcgwLEgRQb2xsGJbKMAw = The Poll

i have x 360 and ps3 and will prob get the game on ps3 so im not bothered

Originally Posted by KillerKahuna
    My man, the video recording features on the Xbox360 like on Halo3 do not record video, they simply record the positions and actions of the players and then it replays it the way it happened that is why you are able to cruise around on the map while ***** is happening.

In no way the Xbox360 captures any video on Halo3, unlike the xbox360 the PS3 does have the option to capture video from what is being put out through the video cables.

Like what "fraps" does for the PC audience!

If Just Cause 2 were to record gameplay info the way the 360 likes to do it (like in Halo3), it would be a mess of coding job I presume.

I thought I'd share that, see it as a bonus for the PS3 audience, Sony provided the needed tools and Avalanche studios tought it would be appropriate to utilise it and I thank them for it.

Most devs are so lazy that they don't even bother to look into tools that are given by Sony.

If you really want to capture video like everybody else does on the 360 get a capturecard for your PC (like dazzle USB videocards)

That's how I capture my stuff from my Xbox360, but I'll be getting the PS3 version of Just Cause 2 ofcourse.

PS: Skate's video capture feature was just the samething, only more premitive and low quality.
    Yes i understand that but bungie has a feature on their site where you can convert any video you have then save it on the computer, im simply saying its not impossible and it would be nice if we could have something along those lines at least, but now that that recording thing was linked i dont care as much since it would make what i was hoping for obsolete anyway

I could have a few words if you like, and DELAY the game for another SIX months...?

Seriously guys, it's PS3 only and not likely to change/be added. Of course I'll let you know if that ever changes, but don't go getting your hopes up now.

Thanks. Now we can finally put this matter to rest. What about all the other threads about maybe naming a few street signs or tagging forum member names to walls on on a plaque somewhere??

yea, how bout the forum name thing? can u comment on that mycoldman?
    Brauny is right.

what is this video camera u speak of?

OMG KID freakin read!! im not answerin anymore of ur dumb questions
    Brauny is right.

Poor Mycoldman, sometimes I pity him
    Everything should be a sandbox

Page 1 of 2 12 Last