Thread: Evanescence and LoK

Evanescence and LoK

I read on a forum somewhere (not this site) that someone thought that Evanescence's My Immortal could be about Nupraptor and Ariel. They had a rather tragic tale and a lot of the lyrics match their story. I listened to it again and I think he's right. Finally that song makes sense to me. But then I listened to the rest of the album and a few more songs could be about LoK too.

Going Under: could be about Raziel's descent into the Abyss.

Bring Me To Life: could be about Kain's 'rebirth' though I doubt Kain would have call Mortanius 'My Love'

Everybody's Fool: possibly about Moebius (though that's pushing it a bit)

Tourniquet: could easily be about Janos after his heart was ripped out. Lyrics match perfectly - assuming Janos wanted back into the Wheel of Fate.

There may be more I've forgotten, I will post later there is.

is it just me or is there something there?

Quote Originally Posted by goblin981
    Tourniquet: could easily be about Janos after his heart was ripped out. Lyrics match perfectly - assuming Janos wanted back into the Wheel of Fate.
    Tourniquet is a cover of "My Tourniquet" by Soul Embraced. (Or maybe it's a remake of "My Tourniquet" (by Evanescence) which was a cover of "My Tourniquet" by Soul Embraced.)
    Though the second verse is written by Evanescence (at least I don't hear it in the Soul Embraced version).

omg you actually know evanescence covers?! There must be some sort of death penalty for that

Quote Originally Posted by garbagefanuk
    omg you actually know evanescence covers?! There must be some sort of death penalty for that
    They're not that bad!

Quote Originally Posted by garbagefanuk

I like evanesance there cool.

ages ago I made my own version of tourniquet and made it to fit legacy of kain (sr anyway)

it went something like:

my god, my soul reaver
    return to me salvation
    my god, my soul reaver
    return to me redemption

it should still be on the forum somewhere, when i get back to my own pc this evening, i will post the song again on this one though
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

"going under" about raziel?

im not familiar with evanescence, but i remember enough about the lyrics to that song to say im certain it has NOTHING to do with LOK.

As much as I like Evanescence, their lyrics are generic enough to apply to a lot of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    They're not that bad!
    What a lie

yeh they are pretty generic, thats s a good point

I always liked the track about the paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby.

(I lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me...)