View Poll Results: Do you want the Developers to patch in Motion Blur for PS3 Version?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

9 37.50%
  • No.

15 62.50%

Thread: To Developers: Patch in Motion Blur for PS3 version please!

To Developers: Patch in Motion Blur for PS3 version please!

Arrow To Developers: Patch in Motion Blur for PS3 version please!

Yes, I've noticed that there is no motion blur in the PS3 version.. well there was none in the demo either aswell but I thought it was worth mentioning here for the full game.

I know for certain that the PS3 is capable of having the motion blur implemented & I'm really not sure why it's not included.. Hmm, maybe it interfered with how the videos look on YouTube?

Maybe.. But then there's X360 videos on YouTube with motion blur & they look fine.

Nah, it's something else.. I guess the developers just forgot

Who'd like the developers to patch in Motion Blur for the PS3 version?

Motion blur really adds to the visual impact of the game. Though, they might not have the resources available to add it in.

An MLAA implementation to replace that icky QAA they use would be cool too.

Why would you want more blur in the game?!? How are you expecting to see that building/vehicle to grapple onto if the screen is blurred.
    Phenom II X3 720 / HD4850 / 4GB DDR3 - Demo @ max settings.

Wait what?? I though motion blur is a cheap way to give a game a better frame rate. It makes the game play smoother right? But this game already has a stable frame rate (well maybe not so much in the city) so why would you want motion blur. Besides, I'm pretty sure motion blur "blurs the motion" meaning you'll lose detail when in motion.
    PSN ID: STMaraj

Oh, I see.. So Motion Blur is being used to hide something technical in the Xbox 360 version, right?

I'm guessing it's there to hide the frame-tearing.. as the X360 version is able to drop vSync to increase frame rate whenever there's alot of action on screen all at once..

You can't notice the frame-tearing though unless you have equipment like Digital.Foundry has.. Interesting.. Maybe the PS3 version doesn't need motion blur after all then..

Motion blur is used for sense of momentum, and it's easy to see tearing.

The PS3 version has framerate drops instead of tearing, dunno why. I have both consoles, played both demos, bought 360 version. Dualshock 3 :/

Originally Posted by STMaraj
    Wait what?? I though motion blur is a cheap way to give a game a better frame rate. It makes the game play smoother right? But this game already has a stable frame rate (well maybe not so much in the city) so why would you want motion blur. Besides, I'm pretty sure motion blur "blurs the motion" meaning you'll lose detail when in motion.
    Whoa very wrong. Motion Blur is a visual enhancement and it usually lowers frame rate.

And I'm sure the PS3 can handle the motion blur. Does the Xbox 360 have motion blur?
    PSN: GMi_02; Xbox Live: BTKxSilentDeath

Originally Posted by DemonBunny
    Whoa very wrong. Motion Blur is a visual enhancement and it usually lowers frame rate.

And I'm sure the PS3 can handle the motion blur. Does the Xbox 360 have motion blur?
    yes
    Their minds must not be filled with more fairy tales, but with knowledge instead. Let them have answers - and let those answers be difficult and complex. Such is life. - Altair

Originally Posted by DOGCRAP;
    Motion blur is used for sense of momentum, and it's easy to see tearing.

The PS3 version has framerate drops instead of tearing, dunno why. I have both consoles, played both demos, bought 360 version. Dualshock 3 :/
    I know why!!

PS3 version has Vsync enabled at all times.. It never goes off resulting in zero frame tear

X360 is able to drop Vsync in order to increase framerate when things get really hectic on-screen like lots of huge explosions which results in frame tearing & the motion blur hides this

Originally Posted by Enkeixpress
    I know why!!

PS3 version has Vsync enabled at all times.. It never goes off resulting in zero frame tear

X360 is able to drop Vsync in order to increase framerate when things get really hectic on-screen like lots of huge explosions which results in frame tearing & the motion blur hides this
    Motion blur is a graphical enhancement. It doesn't hide anything. I can see torn frames with my eyes.

The PS3 has framedrops due to vsync instead of tearing.

Does nobody notice the motion blur on objects that are moving rapidly? Not just the blur on the view?
    Originally Posted by Kegan
    ZOMBIE GAMERS ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

Originally Posted by AssassinAgent47

do you work for SONY?
    Wha...?! How did you know??

^^^ Greatest stalker post EVER ^^^

Anyway...

EWWWWWW!!! No motion blur dammit! I like to see clearly even in motion.

Thank you.
    I make Machinima. See it here.

I have it for PC and I turned motion blur off. It is WAYYYYYYY over used. Kinda like devs are over using bloom in all their games so you cant see because the ground, buildings, characters and vehicles reflect in your face like your staring at the core of the sun.

If I have motion blur on I can't even turn around slowly without the whole screen blurring up like I twisted my mouse at 700mph lol

Originally Posted by Fratricide
    I have it for PC and I turned motion blur off. It is WAYYYYYYY over used. Kinda like devs are over using bloom in all their games so you cant see because the ground, buildings, characters and vehicles reflect in your face like your staring at the core of the sun.

If I have motion blur on I can't even turn around slowly without the whole screen blurring up like I twisted my mouse at 700mph lol
    Uhh. I don't get anything like that and I'm on the PC.

I especially love the motion blur on objects, not as much the view though.
    Originally Posted by Kegan
    ZOMBIE GAMERS ATE MY NEIGHBORS.

Originally Posted by Enkeixpress
    I know why!!

The Ps3 version does not have Vsync. Check up on your facts.
    I play, I act.
    Visit The Just Cause Channel on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheJustCauseChannel