Thread: Video Capture Mode: Does it upload to Youtube and write to hard-drive?

Video Capture Mode: Does it upload to Youtube and write to hard-drive?

Video Capture Mode: Does it upload to Youtube and write to hard-drive?

I watched the VLOG which shows the PS3 Video Capture feature and it looks very nice.

They say/show that if you save the video locally you can't upload it to Youtube later which is fine (of course, you can still do it manually).. But what about the other way around.. If use the upload to Youtube feature, do you also get a 'local' copy too?

This is important, as if you have a capture so awsome you want to upload it, you would also want to see it locally.. Plus, there is a danger the upload could fail and then it would be lost.

I would like to think that "Upload To Youtube" feature also makes a local copy.. Can anyone confirm?

Jon

just cause 2 airport

how many airports r in the game

in the vlog u saw it on the harddrive of the ps3 right?
    so , yes.
    26.03.10 is an epic day!

Originally Posted by cool dude
    how many airports r in the game
    You've already made a thread about this, don't spam it everywhere or you will be reported for spamming.

Welcome to the forum, by the way

Also, in regard to YouTube, its possible that once the video is uploaded you are taken back to the video menu where you can also choose to save the video to the hard-drive, but we'll need official confirmation for that
    signature image

Originally Posted by chokedcherry
    in the vlog u saw it on the harddrive of the ps3 right?
    so , yes.
    It could be that I missed something.. You can either upload it to Youtube, or the Hard-Drive

When you save it to the Hard-Drive you get a warning saying that it cannot be uploaded to Youtube later unless you do it "by hand"...

But when you upload it to Youtube they didn't say whether a copy was stored locally..

I am paranoid.. Its unlikely that I will upload anything, but say I really did see something 'special' and wanted to upload it, does this mean that you won't get a copy on your Hard-Drive too? Or does the "upload" feature, also write a copy to the hard-drive?

Jon

Originally Posted by jweaver
    It could be that I missed something.. You can either upload it to Youtube, or the Hard-Drive

When you save it to the Hard-Drive you get a warning saying that it cannot be uploaded to Youtube later unless you do it "by hand"...

But when you upload it to Youtube they didn't say whether a copy was stored locally..

I am paranoid.. Its unlikely that I will upload anything, but say I really did see something 'special' and wanted to upload it, does this mean that you won't get a copy on your Hard-Drive too? Or does the "upload" feature, also write a copy to the hard-drive?

Jon
    i dont know if it gives a copy (seems pretty logic to me that it does give a copy ,cause u recordede it , so it shud me on the ps3 b4 ya upload it)

if you just upload everything to youtube, and then download it from yt (or watch it with ps3 internet browser thingy) , it shud be no problem?
    26.03.10 is an epic day!

i dont know if it gives a copy (seems pretty logic to me that it does give a copy ,cause u recordede it , so it shud me on the ps3 b4 ya upload it)

if you just upload everything to youtube, and then download it from yt (or watch it with ps3 internet browser thingy) , it shud be no problem?
    Except the quality will suffer.. Youtube will compress the hell out of it.. Plus, you can't download Youtube videos can you (unless you use some unsupported tools).

Jon

Originally Posted by jweaver
    Except the quality will suffer.. Youtube will compress the hell out of it.. Plus, you can't download Youtube videos can you (unless you use some unsupported tools).

Jon
    okay, quality sucks, but just get a yt downloader tool, shouldn't be to hard to find ,
    and can be downloaded in pretty nice quality!
    26.03.10 is an epic day!

okay, quality sucks, but just get a yt downloader tool, shouldn't be to hard to find ,
    and can be downloaded in pretty nice quality!
    I know you CAN download from Youtube, but I just want to know whether IF you have a video which is really awsome, is it worth taking the risk of uploading it, and loosing your local copy...

To be honest, I assumed the "upload" feature saves a copy locally too, but it would be nice to have this confirmed...

just try it when u get the game XD , maybe u can already capture stuff in the demo..
    26.03.10 is an epic day!

just try it when u get the game XD , maybe u can already capture stuff in the demo..
    you can't use it in the demo...confirmed by mycoldman

Originally Posted by Ketchupman95
    you can't use it in the demo...confirmed by mycoldman
    okay, then just try it when u buy the game, if u get it...
    ( I DO )!!!

100th post WOOT

happy easter?
    26.03.10 is an epic day!