Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: 30 min demo timer confirmed

30 min demo timer confirmed

30 min demo timer confirmed

Go on http://www.panauisland.com/ if you don't believe me it's in top right of the french demo video at like 0:25 and mentioned beneath the video

Yeah but you win 30 second bonus time each time you cause Chaos.
    -~'" Stupid is as stupid does "'~-

For those too lazy to visit:

Going back to the video, one of the things mentioned in the video and something we didn't want to reveal until now is the fact that the Just Cause 2 demo does have a 30 minute time limit. However, you will find that by causing maximum chaos or doing some of the missions/challenges provided will extend this time further.

Though, it isn't the end of the world as it adds that element of a challenge to it, and of course, you can quite happily play the demo over and over again as many times as you want!
    There you have it. I think it's a great system and I can't wait for Thursday
    Kabam...

Originally Posted by robiscool
    Go on http://www.panauisland.com/ if you don't believe me it's in top right of the french demo video at like 0:25 and mentioned beneath the video
    Yeah..big deal, its not like you only get one shot at it or something. You can replay the 30mins over and over. Quite frankly, i like that you only get 30mins...it will challenge you to see what awesomness you can acomplish in the time and then, when time's up, try it all again a different way!

Yay JC2 demo will be awesome...

...but JC2 itself will be EPIC!

Still if you can keep playing it again and again lol the timer seems a little pointless

Also I reckon if you've preordered it you should be allowed infinte time on the demo!!!

Anyway its Ok i don't mind the timer but other people might.

Bah, if you can replay it again and again, why the hell not just remove the timer? I don't want to end up setting up an epic, elaborate stunt and then *DEMO OVER - THANK YOU FOR PLAYING - JUST CAUSE 2 COMES OUT ON MARCH 23RD* right before I finish it. Why have these lame-ass demo timers anyway?

I kinda guessed this, thats not bad though since you can give yourself more time by simply causing chaos =] im exited

why timer?
    26.03.10 is an epic day!

We should have a little competition here to see who can extend their demo time furthest. Unless there's a limit on the extended time too, then it would be kind of pointless.

i just say RESTART THE DEMO
    Originally Posted by Bolo Santosi
    Can always count on rico to big us up

This is becoming more of a common practice in the industry. Every might as well come to accept it. And as someone else said, it's not like you can't just restart the demo if you need to and try other things. Relax everyone.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The Silent Killer

Originally Posted by Rico Rodriguez (Cudel)
    i just say RESTART THE DEMO
    lol i just say open up the files in my pc and take out the timer , and hay ho im playing all night long , ha ha ha silly timer ..

I was just going to say you should be able to take out the timer on the PC version... maybe.

Still 30 mins on just cause 2 is better than no just cause 2!!! woot woot

Originally Posted by MenacingInfluence
    Bah, if you can replay it again and again, why the hell not just remove the timer? I don't want to end up setting up an epic, elaborate stunt and then *DEMO OVER - THANK YOU FOR PLAYING - JUST CAUSE 2 COMES OUT ON MARCH 23RD* right before I finish it. Why have these lame-ass demo timers anyway?
    Originally Posted by chokedcherry
    why timer?
    Hmmmmm... maybe because it's a Demo?

They add the limitations so that you will be more eager to buy the full game.

Originally Posted by MenacingInfluence
    It's not like that. The demo is there for a TASTER of what's to come, and yes you can still set up epic stunts in the demo, but that's what the full game is for. It's meant to make you want to buy the full game, and it will... I showed Just Cause 2 to a couple of mates who couldn't care less about it, and they were instantly hooked!
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

Originally Posted by Movura
    It's not like that. The demo is there for a TASTER of what's to come, and yes you can still set up epic stunts in the demo, but that's what the full game is for. It's meant to make you want to buy the full game, and it will... I showed Just Cause 2 to a couple of mates who couldn't care less about it, and they were instantly hooked!
    Hooked hey... dual hooked maybe... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THEM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ProjectBL4CK
    Timers in demos = ammature.

Besides... Its a dam sandbox game for sakes... -.-
    That's exactly the point. It's a sandbox game. So you can't limit it as you would a normal game, such as a linear shooter, where you would have a part of a level and when you finish the level then you're done. You need timers for sandbox games or else the person playing won't get that incredible motivation to go buy the full game.

Secret game designers demo plot!!!!

You play the demo for 30 minutes, look at what you can occomplish in 30 minutes, it's 35 square miles of FUN, yet I doubt 30 minutes you could cover even half of it, therefore they might be showing us the worth while hype when the full 400 square miles comes out and how long it would take us to have some "fast paced" fun ... Let alone, random do whatever we want fun.

Therefore if you can complete the whole demo and see every bit of the 35 square miles in 30 minutes. You play the game too fast xD

I'll be explaining about the time limit in the demo next week. Don't panic. It's not a bad thing at all, but it's not as simple as just a clock ticking down.

It is 30 minutes and you can earn more time, like Nick says - kinda like, say... passing a check point in a racing game. I'll let you know the full list of what does what.

But the timer doesn't start the second the demo does. In fact, you could even avoid it completely... but you'd have far less fun.

Wait 'til you hear it first hand before you jump to conclusions. It's all good. I'll go through all the details very soon.

Originally Posted by mycoldman
    I'll be explaining about the time limit in the demo next week. Don't panic. It's not a bad thing at all, but it's not as simple as just a clock ticking down.

It is 30 minutes and you can earn more time, like Nick says - kinda like, say... passing a check point in a racing game. I'll let you know the full list of what does what.

But the timer doesn't start the second the demo does. In fact, you could even avoid it completely... but you'd have far less fun.

Wait 'til you hear it first hand before you jump to conclusions. It's all good. I'll go through all the details very soon.
    Yeah in the video it started when he jumped off that ledge

Originally Posted by robiscool
    Yeah in the video it started when he jumped off that ledge
    Yeah, I was going to say that the video of the demo (the French one) is set in the place where the 10 minute desert gameplay video is, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOtdFUDdFI
    Do it. Why? Just Because. What a cheesy sig.

Originally Posted by Just Because
    Yeah, I was going to say that the video of the demo (the French one) is set in the place where the 10 minute desert gameplay video is, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOtdFUDdFI
    Yeah I noticed I reckon the faction mission he does in that is the same as the demo because there both radar facilaties and end in car chase but can't be sure... am though

I can't believe people complaining about a timer...
    Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (PS3) is going to be awesome.

I'm sure that someone will find a glitch or bug to get past the time limit ... Trust me, I can just see a gaming article talking about it & showing how to do it.. Wait & see

Page 1 of 2 12 Last