Thread: Game is finished so??

Game is finished so??

  1. #1

    Game is finished so??

    This is it, the final product is done, recent video is the real deal, featuring the real and final game we will get, so what element did you expect to be different or what element disappoint you? what did they miss?

    In my opinion, the audio is disappointing, particularly pathetic is the puffy and weak explosion sounds, I think they could have done better, or just used the same awesome and thundering explosion sounds from JC1.

    So whats your dig?
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by JAGeng
    This is it, the final product is done, recent video is the real deal, featuring the real and final game we will get, so what element did you expect to be different or what element disappoint you? what did they miss?

    In my opinion, the audio is disappointing, particularly pathetic is the puffy and weak explosion sounds, I think they could have done better, or just used the same awesome and thundering explosion sounds from JC1.

    So whats your dig?
    Wait until you get to play it yourself next Thursday... that should answer some of your questions
    www.panauisland.com - #1 source for the latest Just Cause 2 news, information, media, Directors Club and even a live podcast!

  3. #3
    What I'm most excited for is the inevitable "great divide"... Once we play, people will like it or not like it... I really can't wait to see who here it comes out to be... you know, see how they changed over time...

    HYPE is a killer...
    sar·casm - (sär'kāz'əm) - Wit depending on its effect that is usually directed against an individual...now you know what it is

  4. #4
    I found the explosion sounds to be far more satisfying as a 'pop' sound. The low rumble explosions found in most games just don't do it for me anymore.
    I really like the detail in the terrain from up high (Can't wait to see it for real)
    Didn't expect to be able to grapple to a flying gas canister, that's going to mean some good times ahead.
    Originally Posted by Movura
    I've always had respect for you as a member

  5. #5
    wait, i know this doesn't belong in the thread, but, in the demo, the map is about the size of GTA:SA right? ok so we have how big the LAND is, but how high is the ceiling in the demo? boy do I come up with difficult questions!
    signature image

  6. #6
    well im kinda dissapointed in: no VTOL...... too many complaints but it is a big problem
    no motorcycle backflips
    and there shouldve been less cars/motorcycles and more planes (theres only 7 planes i think )

  7. #7
    I feel like I'm easy to please... I really like Just Cause 1... not liked... like... so when this game shows that it improved a lot... I am really pleased...
    sar·casm - (sär'kāz'əm) - Wit depending on its effect that is usually directed against an individual...now you know what it is

  8. #8
    Im gonna get tired of the asian guy saying "enemy in the area" when heat level goes up.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by gandenkris
    well im kinda dissapointed in: no VTOL...... too many complaints but it is a big problem
    no motorcycle backflips
    and there shouldve been less cars/motorcycles and more planes (theres only 7 planes i think )
    This is why JC2 needs backflips !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmH0t6OFAOM
    I like abusing smilies !

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Movura
    Wait until you get to play it yourself next Thursday... that should answer some of your questions
    I dont understand what you mean....I dont have questions, I just think explosions sounded thunderous(BANG!!) in JC1 and now they sound puffy (plaks!!) in JC2, the rest is unbeatable stuff....

    but you played it and I havent so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that audio in the actual game running in my system will sound better than what it does on the videos online...


    Originally Posted by cbrookf
    Im gonna get tired of the asian guy saying "enemy in the area" when heat level goes up.
    lolI feel you man
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

  11. #11
    I'm on the same level as MiracleMax. I still play Just Cause 1 and I still find it awesome, despite the many, many bugs and issues. When the demo comes out on Thursday, I doubt any of it will disappoint me. I'm just pumped to play the game I always wanted when I was hyping for JC1.
    Kabam...

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Jezzaxe
    I'm on the same level as MiracleMax. I still play Just Cause 1 and I still find it awesome, despite the many, many bugs and issues. When the demo comes out on Thursday, I doubt any of it will disappoint me. I'm just pumped to play the game I always wanted when I was hyping for JC1.
    Same here. I think some people are just expecting way too much.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The Silent Killer

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Viralwhite
    Same here. I think some people are just expecting way too much.
    I partially agree....some expectations are exaggerated, like hoping to hang a guy by his neck to a helicopter blade as it spins?...hmmm.....too far....

    now, some expectations are justified, like expecting a VTOL plane to have VTOL capabilities??...duhh....totally justified!!!, and ofcourse....expecting the explosions to sound at least as good as in JC1....justified is a small word here!!!

    both these cases are very justified complaints....I mean GTA SA had VTOL so theres no excuse to not have it here, if it was possible with PS2 technology how can someone expect me to give credit to the assumption that its too complex to implement??

    and if you play just cause one you will immediately hear the difference in the thunderous explosions, so if the code already existed, why replace it with new code that sounds pathetic, just leave the old one in if you cant improve on it.


    now, I still think the game is a masterpiece...just ill pass the 10 for a 9.8....thats minus .2 for the 2 annoyances....fair enough.
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

  14. #14
    Well I got pretty fed up with the annoying explosion in JC1... and where the hell is our VTOL!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by JAGeng
    now, I still think the game is a masterpiece...just ill pass the 10 for a 9.8....thats minus .2 for the 2 annoyances....fair enough.
    I apologize first and foremost because you may become offended by my next comment and I am letting you know first that though I am not aiming to "front" you, you may feel that way...

    You are very vocal (cause typal doesn't sound nice) about your "disagreement" with:
    1. No vertical take off
    2. The Backflip
    3. Explosion sounds

    And yet you say that this, even though you would give your right kidney for, only takes away .2 points from a perfect game?

    This brings me to think that either you are complaining so much in an attempt to get some Just Cause game developer to notice you, you enjoy being negative, or you do not realize just how much you sound like you should be personally giving the game a score of 6.

    I personally do not know why they did not have backflips on bikes, or made the explosions in the game with a "pop" to them, but I do have my theories.

    Backflips - Have you heard of something called project scope? When they first sat down they most likely decided on what is essential to the game. What is this game going to be known for. And although everybody on the planet would love to do a backflip on a motorcycle (including myself and mycoldman [sorry if I'm putting words in your mouth]), they need to stick to the 100% perfect completion of the ideas they set off to do. Would you rather have less vehicles and vehicle graphics but have a backflip? No airship but a backflip? No side missions but a backflip? They have been working all the time. And when they were working, they were working on something and that something will make the Just Cause experience have depth in whatever area it effects.

    VTOL - You are 100% correct about GTA:SA having VTOL. Use the above theory only add this:
    We know that they did in fact think about vertical take off and landing in the game. But they said that they did like the difficulty of controlling it. Now, I know people have been saying make it rise like a helicopter and then press one button and it flies like a plane. But that does not fit feel of the game. Any time a reviewer checks out a game, they always note situations where items feel "out of place" in a game. Something that takes you away from the experience, and puts you in a different feel. And it doesn't matter if it is good or bad, it is merely the fact that your experience changed that you feel wired.

    Poplosion - Tobias Palmer
    My job is really varied and I get to do many different things within the audio area... which is something I really like! For instance, to record some of the sound effects for Just Cause 2, we shot real shotguns at old cars, demolished cars with sledgehammers and recorded really fast cars at race tracks. A lot of love was put into recording the engines for the vehicles in Just Cause 2! We went out of our way to find the correct engines for the different models in the game.
    We recorded tanks on military exercises and crashed cars into each other, shot numerous different types of weapons on shooting ranges. We strapped jet planes to the ground and record them while speeding their engines and even bungee jumped from high mountain tops to record the wind (no actually we didn´t go that far!).

    So, you can see that its often quite fun being a Lead Sound Designer

    It sounds good to him...

    MiracleMax's quick conclusion: Stay positive

    sorry again in advance...
    sar·casm - (sär'kāz'əm) - Wit depending on its effect that is usually directed against an individual...now you know what it is

  16. #16
    I dont understand your point.....see Im just giving an opinion, not pursuing attention from any body
    So I must point out that I didnt mention Backflips in my post because I dont like Bikes....

    I mentioned VTOL as a justified complaint from other members, not mine....so that leaves only my real complaint which is the sound of explosions in relation to JC1 which I hold firm to saying they had more thunder than in JC2...

    other sounds like the engines and shotguns you mention are high level, which again gives credibility to my point because in JC2 a shotgun and other hand weapons have a stronger sound than the explosions, which certainly isnt the case in JC1, any other game I remember or in the real world the game replicates even being arcady or unrealistic.

    about the 9.8 score, it says that I dont consider this aspect a game spoiling element but an annoyance so why would I give a great game a 6 for an annoyance?, when everything else is awesome? I thought that would be easily understood.

    In all it means I really like the game, that I really like JC1 too and that to me everything was improved on except explosion sound, so its a very polite way of constructively criticizing it, because reviewers are not as polite as I am.

    But I know reviews will be good because its an awesome piece of entertainment...I will enjoy in a great way too, but if still you think my assessment is unfounded I invite you to play JC1 and judge for yourself when you compare a BANG!!! to a plaks?
    Is that an exploding gas canister or popcorn?

  17. #17

    Question whyy

    Originally Posted by JAGeng
    This is it, the final product is done, recent video is the real deal, featuring the real and final game we will get, so what element did you expect to be different or what element disappoint you? what did they miss?

    In my opinion, the audio is disappointing, particularly pathetic is the puffy and weak explosion sounds, I think they could have done better, or just used the same awesome and thundering explosion sounds from JC1.

    So whats your dig?
    i dont know why they didnt make big explosons