Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: If the first one took 2 years to make .....

If the first one took 2 years to make .....

If the first one took 2 years to make .....

If AA took 2 years to make .... why would this game be out in 2010?

I guess that with most of the things like the engine being fine and getting some minor tweaks and that they already have some character models. It will take a shorter period of time to make it than Batman:Arkham Asylum. (one of my first productive posts ,also first comment)

Left 4 Dead 2 came out EXACTLY a year after the first one...and it was actually better than the first game.

Rocksteady know how to make a Batman game...they have the base for the game and most of the models.
    And for all we know, they were working on it for a while(considering they had to make the trailer).
    The #1 Killer Moth Fan Of This Board! (C) all rights reserved.

easier to cast. they have hamill back. conroy will come back. wally winger will probably come back. & probably more. people know AA was great, so getting new people into the cast would be a piece of cake also. they dont need to invent a new gameplay engine, just the same one and tweak/add stuff. designing it is easier because AA established it already (gothic environments). a lot of stuff is easier for the sequel... it just needs to be made. promoting it will not be hard at all either, so they can release it quick when it is done, & it wont be delayed like AA was. AA2 should be done in lesser time than AA because AA's pre-production was probably hectic... just deciding the tone of the game even (went from an M rated kind of game to a T so im sure they had to edit much).

don't get me wrong ... I would LOVE for it to be out AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

But until somebody sets a date .... Im predicting 2011 ... mid to late

I really dont see why this is so hard for people to understand. Because they aren't starting from scratch this time, they have a solid foundation to build upon because its a sequel

No-one's said it will be out in 2010, or later. We don't know. Yes, they have the engine, hopefully, and most of the foundation in place. That doesn't mean they need to rush. Take two years, I say, if it means making the game even bigger and better than the first. Hell, take four.

Left 4 Dead 2 isn't a great example, simply because the length of both games, main quest, is equel to one single game. No slight to Valve in the least, as they are amazing, but the bulk of the fun in both games, apparently, comes from online play.

noone said anything about it being 2o1o.
    Multi Color.

sequel is just continuing the story not starting from ground up again.
    Multi Color.

Bioschock is a great example.
    The developers had to create everything from scratch, and the enviornment is greatly detailed, some features are similar, etc... I took a while to make. Now that the sequel is in makes it is going to be releases a year and a half later then the original sequel. The majority of the characters are aalready established, the srtting is already established, the engine is established, etc... It's just a matter of creating some new models, new enviornments, voice over, and adding gameplay elements.

There's a huge difference between starting from scratch and developing a sequel from established roots.
    The bottom line is that they will want to get this out while the coals are hot and the first game is still fresh in people's minds, rather than having to spend extra cash promoting it all over again. Plus I can see them wanting to go from spending money to making money in the shortest amount of time possible. That's just good business sense.

Rocksteady is more used to working with the UE3 now, which means they can make it quicker.
    Batman: Arkham Asylum Hype Trailer
    "I'll never let you win, Joker... Never"

For all those people who keep saying this game will is being released to soon or has any doubt what so ever that it will be anything less than epic know this. i will sit back and relax as rocksteady makes another awsome batman game and smile with hapiness as they do it

I hope no body thought I was being negative .... Believe me I want this game SOOOO bad. I bought the collectors edition of the first one. I just dont want them to sacrifice quality for time. The first one was so awesome .... I want them to keep the franchise going and going and going

I have no doubts about Rocksteady's ability to make the next game awesomely - how ever long it takes.

does it really matter when it comes as long as it comes?
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

The engine and graphics are already there. All they have to do is build new abilities, new story and improved gameplay. It will be good trust me.
    http://www.batmangamesplay.com <-- Fun batman Flash Games

There's really no need to build a new engine or give the game a complete overhaul. The formula they used was quite fresh and exciting, but altogether familiar.
    Personally, I don't see a reason why they need to change it. And, if that's the case, then it shouldn't take too long.

Originally Posted by Here for a min.
    If AA took 2 years to make .... why would this game be out in 2010?
    Who ever said this would be out in 2010? Anyways they already have the engine and art assets so that would probably cut down development time quite a bit.

If this game come out late 2010 then im good here all the game needs is atleast a year to work on.
    Multi Color.

Establish a pattern once the sequel is released. From that, it is easier to try to gauge when the third might be released.

I actually think in terms of game releases, I already know what I'll be playing up until at least September. I'm not sure what'll be coming out from that time of the year onwards, but I'm sure there will be some good stuff. Will not have any shortage untill AA2 is released.

On top of all the above mentioned they can probably support a larger staff/team now as well.
    W.W.B.D. What Would Batman Do?

Cancel AA2, release a Killer Moth game
    The #1 Killer Moth Fan Of This Board! (C) all rights reserved.

Originally Posted by Batman The Sequel Hunter
    does it really matter when it comes as long as it comes?
    Oh, I feel sorry for your girlfriend.

But yeah, I really want this game NOW dammit!!! Saying that, if a 2010 release means sacrificing quality then I'm prepared to wait. As has been said already though, the engine, design, character models etc. are already in place. From the end of B:AA it looks like they already knew where they wanted to go with the story ( at least a rough plot, if not a complete script). And I'm willing to bet that this is the project Rocksteady said they were working on as soon as they finished B:AA so the development process is already well underway.

On the flipside, it looks like they're going for Gotham itself, rather than just Arkham Island. Now, a city will take longer to design than a single small island (different districts etc). Also, I'd say there's a high probability of at least one playable Batmobile section, which means designing new game mechanics for that.

Bottom line, late 2010 is highly possible, but I'm expecting mid 2011. Hope I'm wrong though...

Originally Posted by Revenant36
    Oh, I feel sorry for your girlfriend.
    whats that supposed to mean?
    Click to see my video projects --->>> Dufase19089

Page 1 of 2 12 Last