Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: What got you into KINGDOM HEARTS?

What got you into KINGDOM HEARTS?

I had no other games to rent at the video store but there was this offer rent 1 get 1.... so i got this one game and KH lementing the fact im getting a game with Mickey Mouse in it (yes i was a hater) ..... I didnt play the Kingdom hearts game until my last day with em' i plugged it in saying well "time to go to Disney land" I started to play found the story MUCH darker then i thought it would be, the action MUCH better then my other games, and the storyline much Better then i expected..... to say the least i was a week late returning it and i ended up buying it

I got into Kingdom Hearts way, way back in 2002 when it first came out. A friend of mine had gotten it and was totally obsessed with it, and wouldn't shut up about it. I had seen some commercials for it and thought "omg what a kiddie game", but my friend's rants about Sora and Riku finally got me interested enough to try it out. I got it, and my PS2, for my birthday in 2003, and I immediately related to Riku. It's all been downhill from there!

Well for me, I started playing when I was about 8. My sister had Kingdom Hearts II, on the PS2, So I got engaged. It was really fun for me, but I didn't get far cause it scared me a bit. I'm starting again and I got alot further!

First time I heard of Kingdom Hearts I was watching a trailer on the channel 'Game Network' on Sky. Awesome channel as it was all about games, it's too bad it turn into a chat room (where they chat about themselves and never talk about games). Now the channel is gone. The trailer show the intro to Kingdom Hearts (the one before the start screen. It shows you the different Disney worlds).
    I love the music that played. I love Disney (the old cartoons before year 2000. Those were great! Anyone remember the Disney Afternoon shows? I so want Darkwing Duck to be in Kingdom Hearts, he make a awesome party member!) and when I saw Cloud in it, I was so happy to see him. I didn't recognize Squall as I only saw his back but was so happy to see him when I finally played the game.
    I love Disney and Final Fantasy so Kingdom Hearts is a must have game for me. The only problem was that I didn't had a Playstation 2 (only had the first Playstation). When I finally got one I played it non-stop. I love the story, gameplay, characters and graphics.
    I still remember the first time I faced the secret optional boss, Sephiroth. I didn't know that he was going to be in it. I accidentally click the ??? as I thought that it was locked. Oh, was I wrong! I watch as Sora ran into the arena and then there were symbols in the sky (which remind me of Final Fantasy 10) and then Sephiroth appeared in a flash of light. I was shocked (and amazed by his intro) to see him. As soon as the One Winged Angel music played I just know that I was in trouble . As soon as the fight start, it was over. I didn't stand a chance. Only a second into the fight and I got knocked out. Took me about 15 times before I beat him. I had to figure out his moves (while hoping that I lucky enough to dodge his attacks). I had fun with the challenge (and beating him). Got to do it again when I playing Kingdom Hearts 1.5. I am happy to get the final mix.

I got into Kingdom Hearts when I saw my cousin playing it. Since I knew nothing about Final Fantasy, I actually thought it was about a normal boy who suddenly had the power to wield the Keyblade and got sucked into the world of Disney. lol So I had no idea it was a crossover of Disney characters and Final Fantasy through Sora. I thought it was so interesting that I borrowed his game. After I played it a few weeks, I gave it back to him. I hadn't beat the game then, I didn't beat it until I bought my own copy. At the time I shopped for a Kingdom Hearts game, it was 2005 and Kingdom 2 just came out and it was the only Kingdom Hearts game I could see so I bought it. It was confusing at first, having never played all the way through the first game and Chain of Memories.

I have only the PS2 and now the PS3 Kingdom Hearts games, and I watched the walkthroughs of games I don't have on YouTube, so I can honestly say that I understand the series very well by now. I love Kingdom Hearts. it is my favorite game series next to the Dragonball Z Budokai Tentichi series and Batman Arkham series (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Organs)

I now have 1.5 HD Remix and am eagerly awaiting the upcoming 2.5 HD Remix, but I still haven't decided whether to sell my PS2 versions of the game once I get them all on PS3 or to keep them as a collector's items, since no Game Stops are going to give me much money for 'em anyway....

Kingdom Hearts seems to have a lot of people getting into it because they saw a friend, a cousin or a sibling playing it.
    Last edited by Roxas1985; 24th Oct 2013 at 09:18.

Not exactly sure, I think sometime during 2002 I was at the video game store and back when I was young you used to be able to tell if you would like the game or not by looking at its cover and the back of it. I saw Disney characters and who I now know is Sora with a keyblade. I thought how cool a fighting game would be with Disney characters. I do remember it was shortly after I had beaten FFX so I figured I'd give the game a try.

For me, it wasn't until 2009/2010 that I started playing Kingdom Hearts. Like most of you, it was the Disney characters. I didn't start with the first game though, but did start off with Kingdom Hearts II then back track to the first game. Ever since then, I've been hooked on the franchise. Now reliving those memories since Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix, I just can't wait to do the same with Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix coming next year.

I guess one day I was bored with nothing to do so I just turned on my brothers PS2 and put in the nearest game I could find. At first I didn't think the game was gonna be all that great but I was bored so I just started playing, then after a little while I couldn't stop playing and got hooked. Short story but it's the truth.

Ah, I was hooked in by the attractive, shiny cover and delightful artwork it sported. When I saw it was made by Square, I just had to have it. Unfortunately money was an issue and I had to wait to purchase a second-hand copy but I adored it! I still have that same copy safely in my possession today. I believed I've played all of them since.

It was actually the first game i ever got for the PS2 and ever since ive been addicted

It came bundled with my PS2. It was a complete fluke. Best damn fluke of my life. <3

Unfortunately I never had a PS2 so I didn't get to play KH until the remix came out for PS3. Once I started playing though I instantly fell in love. Seeing all the Disney characters really felt nostalgic. You know that something is good when you can relate to the characters because it almost feels like you are there with them, especially in this game. I really haven't been able to stop playing it and I can't wait for KH 2.5 and 3 to come out.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123