Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678

Thread: The Legacy of Kain rolling quiz

The Legacy of Kain rolling quiz

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    It reminded me of some really difficult and well thought out riddles from SH series on hardest difficulty
    Oh no! Not the Shakespeare puzzle again. Real * of a puzzle, but I do like it in Walk On Vanity Ruins by Mary Elizabeth McGlynn.

Hmm I'm no good at this type of thing so I'll just throw some disjointed thoughts at the question -

I like the look of Lucin's answer but I'll try to expand it a little, maybe. I think the whole thing is about the specific paradox she mentioned but gave no detail on it

Rose, the angel, serpent vile
    Contrary child, and poised to rise

Well, William was somewhat contrary in that he started as William the Just but was to become The Nemesis (till Kain offed him). Poised to rise, could mean his destiny as either Angel or Serpent...

Two roads profound unmanned awhile
    As victim born bats streaming eyes

When the vampire Kain killed him he could no longer be either Tyrant or beloved King.

Twice tongues of flame sup serpent's bile
    Soon cracks descend, and snatch the wise

Could this refer to the two Reavers that create the paradox?. The Soul Reaver is a Flamberge or flame shaped blade. The events were manipulated by Moebius who could be the serpent here (and in the first line I guess). Again William has his future removed from time. (kinda like Rory Williams got sucked up by a crack in time, wait, is this a Doctor Who question?)

Successor's inch, grand father's mile
    True; false alarms, potential dies

Ummm... more lost future for Old King Bill thanks to Kain's success?

For crossroads bound by serpent's guile
    And timeless child? Reduced to lies

The paradox is a crossroad created/manipulated by Moebius' trickery. Either Moebius is the child who lies or William's life becomes a lie about what a great King he would have been, now let's go get some bloody vengeance...

Or maybe the whole thing is about Kain's decision at the Pillars somehow and the unknown focus of the riddle is the Kain that chooses to sacrifice himself.

Basically I just don't know.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul. A puppet that bends to the soul's tyranny...
    ...but body and soul both demand chocolate.

Still not the incident I have in mind, but you are certainly heading in the right direction. Some of your interpretations are 100% correct!

Holy hell fire you mean my stupid answer was on the right track at least – ok going to give this a bash again…

Referring to William as a child being a great and just young king – before Moe’s influences – a child to do great things.
    or
    Ottma’s daughter’s soul being trapped in the doll by Elz and Kain getting Ott’s allegiance to fight with him in battle.

The two paths/time streams that laid before Wills – him either in the real time being a just king and the nemesis – Moe’s manipulation.
    Will’s is a victim of other people’s influences.

Moe’s influence as the serpent shaping Wills to make him become jaded and hateful and turn into the Nemesis.
    Wills life becomes taken from him by listening to Moe – a positive life/rule being turned into a negative life/rule.

Any hope for Wills becoming what he would of without Moe’s influences is completely lost – all potential good in the land is lost – only darkness remains.
    The battle being lost and Kain using the time streaming device.
    The fact Moe has in fact orchestrated the entire thing and has twisted and shaped the truth and turns things around to end up with the outcome he wants, all hope is lost.

Kain’s choice to go back in time a kill Wills and change the present/future for the better – the ultimate Reaver battle/paradox with one being destroyed – and the future being changed with the death of Wills – Kain returning to present time. Realisation of his major error!
    The new time line being established - the vampire hunters being born - and Moe’s true colours as the Time Streamer being revealed to Kain and all the stuff that goes along with it - Moe basically telling Kain you muppet!
    The truth of what had happened because Kain thought he was doing the right thing but actually played into Moe’s hands.

I want just add Kain’s bestie-mate being killed – poor Vors – Kain almost cries :’(

This is another complete shot in the dark (bits might not be in the right place/order – if at all any is right) and is the best I can possibly do right now because I’m too exhausted to think…if this isn't correct or if no one has shortly - I have one more completely different idea direction I'm going to go with - still BO though...

Ok as I had a few moments I thought I'd post my other alternate version…

Kain – a nice young man - being killed as a human.
    He could have been a good human…had a good life and done good things.

The two roads being the end of the game (BO) but during the game you have no idea.
    Kain being a victim of accepting his dark gift - he thinks it sucks.

I still think the serpent is Moe and his manipulation or it could be Mort…anyway lots of manipulation by numerous peeps throughout the game.
    Everything starts of get revealed – true enemies are shown and Kain starts to discover who’s been pulling the strings.

Vors is the father figure to Kain and teaches him to embrace his gift.
    Kain is not amused when he is killed :’( and get’s narked.

The grand-finale of the game – Mort’s possession is revealed as are all the schemes that have taken place through the game.
    Kain is faced with the choice – heal the world (he choose not to - we don't see this!) or damn the world – (he does this) he lives and becomes timeless – a vampire forever-ever-ever.

Taking a bit more of an objective view of this, it can fit in with the plot of Soul Reaver as well. Let's take it piece by piece.

This can refer to Raziel, the Angel, though, he is still cursed by vampirism, so thus, the serpent vile. Contrary Child, he was taken as a trophy by Kain, and yet, he was the greatest of the Lieutenants, possibly the one to succeed Kain, should he fall. Or rather, poised to rise can refer to his potential to fly, before his wings were stripped away.

Two Roads might possibly refer to the soul reaver aspect, referring to both the Material and Spectral Realms, which, after his "rebirth" does Raziel gain the power to traverse both, after much confusion of his purpose.

Raziel himself is the incarnation of the Reaver's spirit, the one fated to join with the reaver. He, himself, is the tongue(s) of flame. Tongues (pl) referring to the fact that Raziel has by that time joined with the reaver, as one body, yet two entities. Serpent's Bile can only be Moebius, who Twice within SR2 tricks Raziel down a specific path, leading up to both the deaths of Vorador and of Janos Audrin.

After the death of Janos Audrin, Raziel swears for vengeance against the Sarafan, and kills them all in turn, gaining an inch. Yet, as we all know, Kain will later resurrect each to serve as his Lieutenants. At which point the Wraith-Reaver has become overexcited, takes ahold of the Physical Reaver, and forces Raziel to impale himself with the blade. Miraculously, Kain appears, and saves Raziel from certain demise, while ruining Kain's plan to restore the Pillars.

This is the passage leading into Defiance, Crossroads Bound. Moebius's machinations have, by this point, tied the pair together in an unending struggle. As for the Timeless Child, which I would think is the truth of the history of the Curse... Both discover in Defiance that all they had known of it, was a very elaborate lie, hidden across Nosgoth within and without time itself, and that is what they seek to uncover.
    Last edited by Lichmeister; 7th Dec 2013 at 01:57.

I'm French/
    Bonjour, j'ai un problème concernant le jeux Final Fantasy Realm Reborn. Je suis tomber sur ce forum, ma question est simple, j'ai acheter le collector Final Fantasy Realm Reborn sur Ps3 et j'ai utiliser les codes sur le Playstation Store, mais je n'avais pas créer de perso! Du coup, j'ai créer un perso mais je ne retrouve plus les contenus des codes sur mon perso. Pourriez vous me répondre à mon adresse Email : marshall_james_17@hotmail.fr . sil vous plait aidez moi please!

Originally Posted by James17100
    I'm French/
    Bonjour, j'ai un problème concernant le jeux Final Fantasy Realm Reborn. Je suis tomber sur ce forum, ma question est simple, j'ai acheter le collector Final Fantasy Realm Reborn sur Ps3 et j'ai utiliser les codes sur le Playstation Store, mais je n'avais pas créer de perso! Du coup, j'ai créer un perso mais je ne retrouve plus les contenus des codes sur mon perso. Pourriez vous me répondre à mon adresse Email : marshall_james_17@hotmail.fr . sil vous plait aidez moi please!
    Shouldn't you post this on the Final Fantasy forums, in a new thread?
    Also, posting in English gives more responses, maybe running it through Google translate gives understandable English (I haven't tried it, because I understand most of it already, so if it doesn't I can help you making it understandable).
    Maybe contacting support of Square Enix is better even than posting it on the forums (although the latter cannot do any harm). Or the support of the seller.
    I hope you understand my post (and can find your way back to this thread).

OK sorry that it's been about a hundred years since I last checked in here. Must admit I've been very sidetracked... or derailed, rather.

If anyone's still interested in my riddle: the above answers are all very much appreciated, but again we're moving away from the mark. Let me give out another salient clue...

Hint 2: The riddle concerns one moment in time.

Sorry if the answer seems a little short but I am thinking the riddle centers on when Mobius led the other human guardians in a revolt against the ancient vampires, at the advice or instruction of the Elder God, that lingered on to ensure that vampires remained the Guardians of the Pillars of Nosgoth. This resulted in humanity claiming the Pillars as their own and began Mobius on his path of lies, schemes, and machinations in service to the Elder God.

I fear I may have unintentionally killed off the quiz with my rather in-depth question. New guesses welcome but if anybody wants to move this on to a new teaser instead, don't hesitate on my account.

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    I fear I may have unintentionally killed off the quiz with my rather in-depth question. New guesses welcome but if anybody wants to move this on to a new teaser instead, don't hesitate on my account.
    Someone else might need to think of the next question if this is right, but I think it's the paradox where Kain kills William. Twice tongues of flame could refer to the flamberge shape of of the two Soul Reavers they fight with. William is depicted with roses in the SR2 mural and IIRC, he's sometimes referred to as the boy king (child poised to rise). Since you said it's the point in time, that makes it sound like the paradox. Although, I think Lucinvampire may have already made a few of those points.

Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678