Thread: Lore issue

Lore issue

Lore issue

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I don't think General discussion is right, because that's for discussing the game with other gamers... Anyway, here's the problem.

Dumah was a big hulking brute even before his evolution, his clanmates slightly smaller hulking brutes.

Turell turned into a beast thing, and his clanmates into smaller bipedal beast things.

Why is it that Dumah's clan is the small assassin types here? I think Xephon's clan would make much more sense in that role. Their full evolution turned them into smaller insectlike beings that could climb walls. This makes them perfect for the role.

The "tyrant" class is much more suited to the Dumahim.

Originally Posted by Vanyelxp5
    I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I don't think General discussion is right, because that's for discussing the game with other gamers... Anyway, here's the problem.

Dumah was a big hulking brute even before his evolution, his clanmates slightly smaller hulking brutes.

Turell turned into a beast thing, and his clanmates into smaller bipedal beast things.

Why is it that Dumah's clan is the small assassin types here? I think Xephon's clan would make much more sense in that role. Their full evolution turned them into smaller insectlike beings that could climb walls. This makes them perfect for the role.

I saw something up with that too. It seemed off when I read it.

I partially agree. Zephonims should be the ones naturally keen on moving fast and climbing all over the place. Not that much resistant, but really agile and swift.

Dumahims on the contrary could be way better defined as quite normal but very resistant vampires, as Dumah himself was. I guess it's ok if they climb up on buildings, as actually every vampire could do, but the physical aspect they have now doesn't quite fit IMO.

I also think it's ok for Turelims to be big and strong, but I guess the "sound aspect" of their evolution, which was so important for both thier lieutenant and them, should somehow be considered, if nothing as a visual aspect (eg. bigger ears than they have right now).

This. I am also however curious on how they will implement the Rahabim clan, probably water spellcasters would fit but...they're supposed to be melee....

Ah lol, so it wasn't just me thinking something was off with the clans. I couldn't quite put ma finger on it. But thanks for letting me know where the nagging feeling came from :P

We have plans for the other Clans and we're hoping it all makes more sense to you when you see them altogether.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Looking at this... You have a valid point. However, Dumah was less biomass and more armor. Turel, on the other hand, was sizable by virtue of his biological mass alone. It would make sense for the Turelim to be Tyrant-class vamps, because they're built like a brick stackhouse like their "father". While I agree the Dumahim should be beefier than they are right now, Psyonix and Squeenix are taking things in the right direction right now. Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    We have plans for the other Clans and we're hoping it all makes more sense to you when you see them altogether.
    really you guys are actually gonna put the other 3 clans cool you guys just got a point raise.

Yeah YOU GOT A PERFECT TOPIC TO SHARE .... WHILE DUMMA IS MUCH PREFFERABLE

i see quite a lot of sense in current character design - why Tyrant is turelim? because their father was the second one created, so he got plenty of power, but the yongest of his children had to age to be able to make use of their other powers and devolve to make them more significant for survival.
    and dumahim's Reaver? they're the apex of physical perfection, they don't habe to be extremely beefy to be good at combat. it's the devolution that made them slower and stronger. but mostly slower.