Thread: The REAL Sea Salt Ice Cream

The REAL Sea Salt Ice Cream

I present to you the famed ice cream that Tetsuya Nomura based the Kingdom Hearts treat on:

x84.xanga.com/10df0a54d1c31247261211/b19...

Yep, it's not blue at all. I guess Nomura-san thought the original color would make it look too generic and went with blue. If anyone goes to DisneySea Tokyo, you now know what to look for!

Aww that is cool =), but I bet they can just add blue coloring to it if they want to.

Someone online created their own recipe for a sea salt ice cream that looked IDENTICIAL in appearance to the game's version of it.

I can't cook so I don't think I'll ever be able to make it for myself, but darn does it look yummy.

www.gourmetgaming.co.uk/post/15313297009...

Originally Posted by Maniac

Someone online created their own recipe for a sea salt ice cream that looked IDENTICIAL in appearance to the game's version of it.

I can't cook so I don't think I'll ever be able to make it for myself, but darn does it look yummy.

I love that site. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

But that recipe is an original so it's likely to be completely different than the original ice cream that Tetsuya Nomura had (the DisneySea Tokyo sea salt ice cream).

Originally Posted by ZERORAPTOR

I love that site. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif[/img]

But that recipe is an original so it's likely to be completely different than the original ice cream that Tetsuya Nomura had (the DisneySea Tokyo sea salt ice cream).

nice,but if only i had such ingredients.

I was thinking, there is a Japanese area in the World Pavilion in EPCOT.* All these areas sell authentic goods from each of the specific areas, in fact I remember getting some really tasty Norwegan candy after getting off the Maelstrom Ride a few years ago.

Why don't they just sell the Sea Salt Ice Cream in the EPCOT World Pavilion?* If Disney already owns the stuff, bringing it over to another park should just be a matter of shipping it and keeping it cold.

I made this one time a couple of years ago, and it was yummy. My whole family loved it.

I made a batch of sea salt ice cream with my gf one time and it tasted horrible, I may retry making it with this recipe cause the other recipe was completely different.

Dude Salt ice cream very good idea but it comes with horrible taste.
    apartment finder in texas

YES< I ALWAYS WANTED A REMAKE OF BBS !!! WOOOHOOOO

I've always felt curious about Sea Salt Ice cream. I know there are lots of recipes on the net, but all them inspired by Kingdom Hearts series. But I didn't know that that ice-cream was real! I'm sure it's delicious

For some reason I always thought that Sea-Salt ice cream was more of a water based popsicle (even though it did say ice cream). This was probably mainly due to the fact that in the game it had a popsicle style look and the color at the edges faded out making it look water based... or was that just me?

Actually, that's precisely how I too see it.

Right??? I really want to see a recipe making it a water based popsicle.