Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: The future for the Parasite Eve series?

The future for the Parasite Eve series?

Parasite Eve 3 For Life I hope it will release this year or 1st quarter 2014 on PS3,PS4,Xbox and PC console and I love Square Im a Huge Fanatic of Parasite Eve.

Originally Posted by LordJohn Paul

Parasite Eve 3 For Life I hope it will release this year or 1st quarter 2014 on PS3,PS4,Xbox and PC console and I love Square Im a Huge Fanatic of Parasite Eve.

If anything were in the works it would have been at E3 last week. For now they seem to be sticking with what they know will make money: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts III.

Originally Posted by imported_Mark

For now they seem to be sticking with what they know will make money: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts III.

Yeah, I agree. *It's kind of hard to be really sad about it without sounding whiny, because we're finally getting KH3 and Versus (sort of). *But, let's keep this thread alive! *I would be happy as a pig in poop if an HD remaster of PE1&2 were announced, with the possibility of a PE3 in 2015. *More to the point, I would buy the game, as I am sure many others would also do.

I'm 100% for a Parasite eve III on the big consoles. Sorry if this comes in very late though.

i hope the parasite eve 3 on Ps3,ps4,xbox and pc will have a good or great ending not like the 3rd birthday which has been described as unclear and muddled.according to the fanbase have complained about the storyline.

Sign me up. I'd preorder a preorder if someone announced PE3 was official

I never had the privilege of playing PE1 due to not being UK PAL format, however, I did play PE2 so many times and over and over again as the replay was great!

Money is obviously an issue so how about remaking PE1 or PE2 as a tester to see what interest it generates, shouldn't be too hard to remake, obviously some tweaks required for graphics etc and then that way if it is still popular - start working on PE3!

Maybe liaise with Microsoft as this was never released on Xbox, they may be willing to help finance - you'd get a preorder from me for sure!*

I support PE3 too.

IMO, PE1 has the best gameplay (perhaps because it's has many glitch to help *), PE2 has a perfect*atmosphere*with thriller, plus an excellent story, the difficulty*of this game is just PERFECT, it's pretty much*balanced,*the music of those games is unforgivable.

T3B, was a good game but I wish that I could explore the map like PE1&PE2 (free world map).

IMO, PE3 with the camera of RE4 + horror + *thriller + Free world Map,*will be a good choice to revive the PE franchise.

I would love to see PE3 pass on*Dryfield. *_*

IMO, SE should bring PE*franchise to steam ( no doubt that it will sell alot), that way more people will know about the PE Series and then release a PE3.

I agree, Although there was Pe/Pe2 I thought The Third Birthday had no releation to the first or second game, dont get me wrong it was good but it lacked alot of Aya's past History, Barely any powers, and a DNA system? the heck was that, I agree with the Idea of PE3 and since it wont have any Relation to 3rd Birthday Aya would no doubt be the main character of the game.

i hope there wil be a new game of pe : O

will there be a next game related to pe2 ?

the first two games of parasite eve are one of the best horror classics out there.
    I found that the story of T3B total fail compared to the first two games. they let out the best parts of it. it is not the survival horror game that we loved. I hope there will be a next game that the first two games are related to. what do you think? a Parasite eve 3? with a whole new kind of mutations and That the third birthday was a dream?

Gone through about 3-4 revisions for what I want to say, and i think i have it mostly: I'd like to see Kickstarters from Square-Enix for properties like Parasite Eve (and others) so they can see how many people want a sequel/remake. For difficulties like expired licenses and the like, just offer to let the fans partially fund the renewal as a stretch goal (not fully because that'd just be giving SE free money, but not needing to foot the entire bill if Hideaki Sena decides to charge more this time around should make it more attractive).

Identical but separate donation levels could be used to see if people would prefer PE1 controls, tank-controls like PE2 or 3rd Birthday controls (I prefer PE1 myself, haven't been able to buy/play 3rd Birthday yet). Maybe even give options via stretch goals like making the property essentially a 4 or 5 story arc "all-in-one game", starting with the events of the original novel, remaking PE1 & PE2 under the new game engine (maybe just use 3rd Birthday's engine with suitable upgrades/modifications?) and then the "main" game, which could even re-use some of the remade locations for parts of its content (If FFX-2 can be set in the same world and get to re-use things, why not other games?). Of course for the all-in-one concept you'd need to make the previous/prequel games either unlocked through minor efforts at the start of the main game (reading reports?) or just available in the main menu but not required to enjoy the main game.

Anybody else think it'd be even a remotely good idea?

They did announce "Collective," or whatever the crowd funding thing Square Enix is getting into, but it sounded like it was more for original IPs from indie developers. We'll find out more in the future.

From most of the comments I've seen here on the forum, it seems like many of us would be ok with keeping the gameplay of PE 1 & 2 the same, just updating to HD graphics. I know nothing about game programming, but it seems like that would be a relatively easy task, at least compared to a full on remake with all new mechanics and scenarios.

Keeping it simple like that, they could probably easily adapt the first two games to mobile devices, too, which seems to be a segment of the market SE is very interested in these days.

I suspect the real issue here is the actual "Parasite Eve" name, which probably has to be licensed from the author of the novel--hence the differences in The 3rd Birthday.

At any rate, I'd love to see a HD release with all three games. It seems like a sure thing critically, at least, but I guess you can never tell.

You guys are seriously wasting your time , I don't think they will ever listen to their fans neither as if they want to make a new one they will probably make the game worse than the 3rd birthday and drop it on the mobile market in the worst cases .. its just sad seeing gaming companies following that root these days and trying way too hard to make money by taking away the game basics and drop it all over a sexual marketing tool , so sad they treats Aya brea like that recently worse than than it was before , Also PE2 Shower Scene was acceptable and this scene has a tense and fear in it .. I just hope Square Enix doesn't let Motomu Toriyama touch the next PE game like he did with T3B and let Takashi Tokita do his own job on the next game <3
    Last edited by Unlimax_SE; 31st Oct 2013 at 16:13.

I still remember the days playing the original Parasite Eve and crying a lot at the top of the Chrysler Building.
    But then they came up with the Shower Scene, and it made me feel sick. Well, these fancy "sweets" widely used in other games don't work well in PE. And devs never realized? This can only make fans angry. Watch a fantastic shower scene when the whole world outside is going to fall apart? I could never understand this.
    And T3B's story really sucks.
    I would even prefer that eidos makes the next PE game, if SE is willing to make a new PE game.

Well, I should not come here to only express anger. I just want a great new Parasite Eve game or even an HD-remake is still ok for me, and my money is always ready.

Originally Posted by killedbylober
    I still remember the days playing the original Parasite Eve and crying a lot at the top of the Chrysler Building.
    But then they came up with the Shower Scene, and it made me feel sick. Well, these fancy "sweets" widely used in other games don't work well in PE. And devs never realized? This can only make fans angry. Watch a fantastic shower scene when the whole world outside is going to fall apart? I could never understand this.
    And T3B's story really sucks.
    I would even prefer that eidos makes the next PE game, if SE is willing to make a new PE game.

Well, I should not come here to only express anger. I just want a great new Parasite Eve game or even an HD-remake is still ok for me, and my money is always ready.
    Too Bad Square Enix doesn't care what the Squaresoft fanbase wants....

Originally Posted by Tsuko85
    Too Bad Square Enix doesn't care what the Squaresoft fanbase wants....
    And that's why I'm losing faith in gaming
    its like gaming companies supports the Illuminati ( make easy money ) just to treats their fans like that .. no joke !

I would love to see Square do a remake of these they were great games, they got good reviews and since Resident Evil does not seem to be panning out for Horror fans anymore Parasite Eve Remake would be awesome and sell like crazy especially with current gen graphics. Maybe if we got enough people together we could get square to pay attention.

Originally Posted by member_10106331
    I have'nt played 3rd Birthday,but a PARASITE EVE 3 would be awesome.Also, while we're at it,...VAGRANT STORY 2
    Agreed!

I don't understand why they keep changing the thread title .. last time i remember the article was talking about a petition for PE3
    Now it says "The future for the Parasite Eve series?" .. What's the meaning of that ?
    hmmm .. Something fishy is going on !

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345