Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Monsters Wanted!
    ― now for iOS.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    ― for those who always wanted to play Dragon Quest Monsters but don’t happen to own a Nintendo 3DS, there’s always Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light.
    Oh, I own a 3DS. The problem preventing me from playing Dragon Quest Monsters on it is SQUARE-ENIX NOT RELEASING IT OUTSIDE OF FREAKING JAPAN.

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game
    ― release date: March 28!

Dragon Quest X gears up for update 2.1 with new class the Item Master
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix are now teasing the next major update for the massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) in version 2.1, and one of the major additions is a new class called the Item Master.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 may end up outselling the first game
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest Monsters 2 may end up outselling Dragon Quest Monsters in in the long run, according to Japanese sales tracker Media Create.

Further showing that Square-Enix is run by complete fools if they choose not to keep bringing the series to the west. "Let's keep one of our best-selling franchises stuck in one country" doesn't seem like smart business to me.

『ドラゴンクエストX』大型アップデート予告映像「version2.1 始動」 looks amazing! come on guys I have a Wii u that is collecting dust if they ever think of bringing anymore DQ games I hope this is one of them I'll buy but I guess we got to wait a bit more

Slime by Hiro Mashima.

Artnia: Dragon Quest series café souvenir plate.

Dragon Quest X is now streaming on Japanese Smartphones
    (Siliconera)
    ― the first 100,000 players can try the smartphone client for free for 72 hours. Dragon Quest X d-Game Version costs 350 yen for three days or 650 yen ten days.

Dragon Quest X has an impressive 300,000 daily active players in Japan
    ― the producers of Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy IX discuss how each of their games is currently doing.

Not out now. It says April 17.
    But I wonder, are they not going to release those games in English?

Correction and update:

Dragon Quest IV Smartphone version
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest IV hits smartphones in Japan on April 17th.

Dragon Quest X sells 1 million in Japan
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest X has sold 1 million copies, the game’s producer, Yosuke Saito, says.

Please refrain from spamming this forum, KaboomKrusader. Your account has now been banned for a week. Further infractions will not be tolerated.

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game.

Chomp into a Slime from Dragon Quest
    (Anime News Network)
    ― not to worry, they're made of marshmallow.

when can we expect to have any new dragon quest in north america, we are looking foward it for a while. Have they forget us??
    Last edited by mary84; 30th Mar 2014 at 00:26.

There are, at the moment, no official plans for anything new Dragon Quest to be released in North America as far as I know. Should anything of interest come my way, then I will make sure to report it here in this thread at the first opportunity.

Journey Of The Cursed King trademark means Square Enix hasn’t completely forgotten Dragon Quest
    (Siliconera)
    ― a new trademark for Journey of the Cursed King, the subtitle for Dragon Quest VIII, was registered in the US.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King updated with Cloud Saves
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix updated the smartphone version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King with a cloud save feature.

And since there's no DQ in the US, none of my dollars are going to SE. I really want to play FF14, but that would involve supporting SE when there's no DQ.

I already own DQ8 for PS2, but if it gets re-released over here in any form I MIGHT re-purchase it. But I'm conflicted, because there's a potential clash of messages in there. A purchase could be seen as, "yes, we want more Dragon Quest," but it could also be taken as, "yes, we want you to waste our time with more god-forsaken smartphone ports instead of releasing worthwhile versions of games on real game systems."

Page 3 of 3 First First 123