Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Series - News

Dragon Quest Monsters Wanted!
    ― now for iOS.

Originally Posted by Grimoire
    ― for those who always wanted to play Dragon Quest Monsters but don’t happen to own a Nintendo 3DS, there’s always Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light.
    Oh, I own a 3DS. The problem preventing me from playing Dragon Quest Monsters on it is SQUARE-ENIX NOT RELEASING IT OUTSIDE OF FREAKING JAPAN.

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game
    ― release date: March 28!

Dragon Quest X gears up for update 2.1 with new class the Item Master
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix are now teasing the next major update for the massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) in version 2.1, and one of the major additions is a new class called the Item Master.

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 may end up outselling the first game
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest Monsters 2 may end up outselling Dragon Quest Monsters in in the long run, according to Japanese sales tracker Media Create.

Further showing that Square-Enix is run by complete fools if they choose not to keep bringing the series to the west. "Let's keep one of our best-selling franchises stuck in one country" doesn't seem like smart business to me.

『ドラゴンクエストX』大型アップデート予告映像「version2.1 始動」 looks amazing! come on guys I have a Wii u that is collecting dust if they ever think of bringing anymore DQ games I hope this is one of them I'll buy but I guess we got to wait a bit more

Slime by Hiro Mashima.

Artnia: Dragon Quest series café souvenir plate.

Dragon Quest X is now streaming on Japanese Smartphones
    (Siliconera)
    ― the first 100,000 players can try the smartphone client for free for 72 hours. Dragon Quest X d-Game Version costs 350 yen for three days or 650 yen ten days.

Dragon Quest X has an impressive 300,000 daily active players in Japan
    ― the producers of Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy IX discuss how each of their games is currently doing.

Not out now. It says April 17.
    But I wonder, are they not going to release those games in English?

Correction and update:

Dragon Quest IV Smartphone version
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest IV hits smartphones in Japan on April 17th.

Dragon Quest X sells 1 million in Japan
    (Siliconera)
    ― Dragon Quest X has sold 1 million copies, the game’s producer, Yosuke Saito, says.

Please refrain from spamming this forum, KaboomKrusader. Your account has now been banned for a week. Further infractions will not be tolerated.

Dragon Quest Trading Card Game.

Chomp into a Slime from Dragon Quest
    (Anime News Network)
    ― not to worry, they're made of marshmallow.

when can we expect to have any new dragon quest in north america, we are looking foward it for a while. Have they forget us??
    Last edited by mary84; 30th Mar 2014 at 00:26.

There are, at the moment, no official plans for anything new Dragon Quest to be released in North America as far as I know. Should anything of interest come my way, then I will make sure to report it here in this thread at the first opportunity.

Journey Of The Cursed King trademark means Square Enix hasn’t completely forgotten Dragon Quest
    (Siliconera)
    ― a new trademark for Journey of the Cursed King, the subtitle for Dragon Quest VIII, was registered in the US.

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of The Cursed King updated with Cloud Saves
    (Siliconera)
    ― Square Enix updated the smartphone version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King with a cloud save feature.

And since there's no DQ in the US, none of my dollars are going to SE. I really want to play FF14, but that would involve supporting SE when there's no DQ.

I already own DQ8 for PS2, but if it gets re-released over here in any form I MIGHT re-purchase it. But I'm conflicted, because there's a potential clash of messages in there. A purchase could be seen as, "yes, we want more Dragon Quest," but it could also be taken as, "yes, we want you to waste our time with more god-forsaken smartphone ports instead of releasing worthwhile versions of games on real game systems."

Why Square Enix used Unity for Dragon Quest VIII on smartphones
    (Siliconera)
    ― data conversion and user interface were among some of the hurdles Square Enix faced when they decided to port Dragon Quest VIII to smartphones, but one of the biggest issues involved programming language.

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen arrives on iOS and Android
    (Siliconera)
    ― the smartphone version has the same pop up analog stick like Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King so you can play the game one handed.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123