Thread: Star ocean 4 for ps3?

Star ocean 4 for ps3?

Star ocean 4 for ps3?

Hey Star ocean fans I have Star ocean 4 the last hope for 360 but should I get PS3 version and have heard the ps3 version has extra content?

I have the game for PS3. It does have extra content, but I'm not completely sure what the extra content actually encompasses. It's a great game regardless, so I recommend you pick it up.

The PS3 version of star ocean 4 does contain extra content but it not story related content like new playable character, new bosses or other stuffs.

The extra content of the game is the option to change the voice acting to Japanese instead of english, anime portraits of character instead of CGI (the gameplay is still CGI even if you change the portrait), there also this new way to get from one planet to another. There also some changes to the gameplay but i'm not sure what these are. So I don't recommend buying SO4 on PS3 unless you want to play the game with Japanese voice or you are new to the game.
    Last edited by DarkNOVA21; 22nd Aug 2013 at 16:07.

I think the game being on 1 disc is nice. I can kick back and relax without having those disc-changing moments. lol Just thought I'd throw that in here.

hi ive beat the 360 version of starocean the last hope can anyone tell me the diffrence between the two and is anyone here a really good synthizer in the game

Originally Posted by alanman178
    I think the game being on 1 disc is nice. I can kick back and relax without having those disc-changing moments. lol Just thought I'd throw that in here.
    PSX nostalgia moment, why wouldn't you want that?

Originally Posted by justin001
    hi ive beat the 360 version of starocean the last hope can anyone tell me the diffrence between the two and is anyone here a really good synthizer in the game
    Are you serious?
    Two posts above yours completely answered the question.

Originally Posted by mcnichoj
    PSX nostalgia moment, why wouldn't you want that?

Are you serious?
    Two posts above yours completely answered the question.
    lol My nostalgia moments go back to the '80's and early '90's. From "Pencil-and-Paper" games to FF1 and DQ(DW) for the NES. But, I still like the PS1 days, too.

I am dissappointed, no multi end in this game. In SOTEoT my favorite pair is Fayt + Maria, in SO2 Rena + Dias. But in SO4 you can see one and only one end. No encourage to replay.

the difference between the xbox360 and ps3 version gameplay mechanics is that it is more challenging in the battles in the game as they are using the battle mechanics from the japanese game which was slightly modified in theus release on the xbox360