Thread: FFXIV: Account Questions and Issues

FFXIV: Account Questions and Issues

Not sure which forums and home page you're referring to, I don't recall using my email address to log into any SE site but maybe I just forget, but that's not really important as those sites aren't going to help much I suspect, as you realise it's your SE Account that's vital.

I assume you've had no e-mails from SE, are you sure that address works? Have you tried a password reset?

Assuming you have used the same ID and password you're using now in the past to log in then I think you'll need to contact Customer Service as it's entirely possible your account has been stolen.

Exact same issue here. SE answered (after 5 days waiting for a reply) that I don't need a one time password if I don't have a token (completely unrelated answer to this problem). So, two weeks now and I stil can't play the game.

Unfortunate experience with Final Fantasy XIV

About two weeks ago I decided to purchase the Final Fantasy XIV PC Digital Download. After making my purchase, I downloaded the client application and was able to enter the registration information that I received via e-mail for my product. For the next three days I was able to play the game seamlessly, and it was a huge improvement over the original release.

On the evening of the third day, my client application unexpectedly logged me out. When trying to log back in, I received a notification that my client was not registered and I could not play the game until I logged into my Square-Enix account and registered it.

Upon reviewing my Square-Enix account manager, the game was indeed registered, my account was also registered. After fumbling through the multiple account pages, I encountered a message on the Mog Station website that my Final Fantasy XIV account had been suspended and I could no longer use this account. Besides these two cryptic sentences, there was absolutely no information given to me as to why my account had been suspended.

I proceeded to open up a support ticket to resolve this issue, and the next day I received an e-mail saying my ticket was received and that I should receive a response within 48 hours.

During this time, I reviewed my bank statement online, and noticed that I was never charged for my purchase. I made the assumption that this was most likely the reason for my account suspension, and began looking for a place on any of the Square-Enix websites to make the payment for my current account. Besides purchasing a new registration/account for Final Fantasy XIV, there was no option to make this payment. I still do not know why the original payment was not accepted. I received no notification from my bank that any purchase was declined. Even if it was the fault of my bank for declining the payment, I do not understand why the payment confirmation e-mail was sent and allowed me to play for three days before completely cancelling my account.

After waiting seven days for a response from my 48 hour ticket, I opened another ticket. In tandem with this, I also requested a chat with an online help representative. After waiting in queue for over two hours to speak to a representative, I was dropped from the queue. I then proceeded to open another ticket, and began waiting again.

After two more hours of waiting, I was connected with a representative and explained my issue as described above. The representative was friendly but ultimately informed me that I would have to deal with this issue on my own and contact Digital River to resolve the issue. I found this to be incredibly strange for customer service. I was literally being told to solve the issue myself and that Square-Enix could not be bothered to aid me in determining the root of my issue of a service I wanted to pay them for.

I received the contact number for Digital River and called them immediately afterwards. The wait was short and I was able to speak to a representative quickly. I informed him I was having an issue with my product and gave him my purchase order number. I explained that the payment may not have went through and if this was the issue, I would like to make the required payment if possible. I also informed him that if there was an issue with the credit card I had previously used, I had different options to make the required payment.

After I gave him all of my information (including address, name, and other miscellaneous information), he informed me that he could not tell me why my payment had been declined and there was nothing that Digital River could do about the transaction. His recommendation was to make a new purchase. I told/asked him that if I made a new purchase I would receive a new registration number, and that I may need to start the game over from the beginning and that I did not want to do that. He said it was unfortunate but that was all they could do.

It has been ten days since I was supposed to receive a response from Square-Enix. I found it unfortunate that I needed to solve this issue on my own when I was given absolutely no information initially on why my account was unexpectedly suspended. Being informed that I needed to address the issue myself also left me feeling bitter. After ten days I have decided to give up on this process. I would have enjoyed playing this game, but the process has left me sour. I wrote this e-mail to hopefully aid Square-Enix in fixing their customer service problems. My issue may not be common, but it has prevented me from enjoying their product and from subscribing to their service.

Having the same issue. I've changed my password so many times and still nada

Repeatedly forced to change Password

Okay where to start, I got this game on 21st OCT... In that time I have had to change my password at least 8 times. basically every time my internet drops out, I go to log back in to the game and get the suspicious activity, and need to change password or can't play. I know for a fact that my passwords are safe, as they have never been used for any other site. I get the feeling it is an issue with when ever my IP address resets, but it is becoming really annoying needing to change my password pretty much every second day, if I drop out of dungeons, I have to change my password.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Not sure if this has been discussed on another thread but here goes.

Me and my husband have played since release and have subscribed since.

Last weekend he was crafting in the kitchens in Limsa and was getting spammed by a gold seller.... Goldceo and promptly reported the char with a copy of the chat log and server name. Two minutes later his account has been suspended on the suspicion that he was selling gold, after many emails and telephone calls he has sent a copy of his drivers license and 7 days later SE are starting their investigations. There were no other char names associated with his account apart from the other 2 he had created.

I myself have reported gold sellers in the past but I am now loathe to do so as we get the feeling that his ticket was acted upon incorrectly and the gm who processed the ticket has in fact banned my husband and not the actual gold seller !!!!!

We so wanted to give FF14 good few months/years of playing but now feel the support of its player base is weak and staff are not trained adequately.

Yeah, im off it. im up to my 3rd purchase of FF14arr. They lock my accounts and now there is no way to get them back up because there is nobody to help. pathetic. DONT bother emailing them, im still waiting on one since the end of september. 10 or so later im still waiting.

---------At least World of Warcraft had customer support------------

I have the same problem and to be honest I am getting sick of it! It's costing money and time. >

I have this as well!!! Oh wait, you have to pay for it each month right.............

(p.s. I really do have this message but I haven't renewed yet, hence the message )
    IGN: Balthazar Tigertail Server: Odin
    Forum topics: Mount & Minions - Macros

Unhappy Can someone tell me what this message means?

" Due to a change in your connection settings or the detection of suspicious access to your account, login to your account has been temporarily restricted.
    For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page.
    http://support.eu.square-enix.com/j/lbgb "

I was about to load up my account. and when I try to login, that message pop up. What is happening to my account? I am restricted from logging in?

I tried doing what that link says just to lift the restrictions.. but nothing happened good. am I restricted?

Contact customer support.

By 'nothing happened', what exactly did you do? Did you not get an e-mail in reply sent to the address you entered? If you didn't then first place to look is your e-mail provider and whether they flagged it as spam.

I can guarantee that process works as I've had to use it three times over the last couple of years playing XIV.

[URGENT] Square Enix ID too long for PS3?

I just brought the game on PS3 and attempted to link it to my current square enix account.

Why does the Square Enix ID field not let me enter my username??....

I can't log in or link my SE account and it's wasting my prepaid time which I got when I brought the collectors edition of the game.

Please give me a fix or help me solve this problem.

No I won't make a new email address which is shorter as I use one which is long for all my things and this is the first time I've ever encountered a stupid problem like this... A cap on the amount of letters in the ID bar? The most ridiculous idea I've ever heard.

Also I have the PC Collectors edition already linked to my account so there's no chance of me wasting 40 by creating a new one.

Fix this please or tell me how to bypass. I attempted to use my Nick Name and Real Name on the login, however this still doesn't work.

This is not a technical support forum and you will not get any direct support from SE. But I will advise that from what you have stated you are trying to enter your email address and not your Square-Enix ID. This ID was created when you set up your account and would be on the account verification email. This will not also be your 'real name' or forum 'nickname'. For example my SE ID is not Hippy_Pickle but is something different and this was stated in the email I received when I created my SE account.
    IGN: Balthazar Tigertail Server: Odin
    Forum topics: Mount & Minions - Macros

Smile PC and PS3 Account Merge and Trophies

Hi,
    I own both the gaming PC and PS3 but decided to buy the PS3 ver of the game just to see how they worked out all the interface options on it. While interface works quiet alright the graphics are very average and monsters and PCs animations are terrible in a bigger FATES. Then I decided to get a PC ver and merge my PC and PS3 account but was wondering what happens with the trophies. I always trophy hunt in PS3 games, if Ill play on PC/PS3 merged account on PC will I still get them?

Not being a PS3 player I'm not sure what trophies you're referring to, but I am not aware of any difference between the PC and PS3 version of the game beyond the obvious mechanics of actually playing it.

Like on Steam account games for Pc for example on PS3 You've got a system of achievements called trophies with u get for getting something ingame, doing dungeons and such. Not talking about ingame avhievements though, I'm talking about PSN account ahievements and these are different thing.

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn password and id incorrect .. please help

i have registered an account and registered my copy Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn but when i try to log in to the game itself it says my ID and password is invalid.. i have tried changing the password and ID and it didnt help...
    can someone help me

A Real Reborn id and password invalid ... help!

i have registered an account and registered my copy Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn but when i try to log in to the game itself it says my ID and password is invalid.. i have tried changing the password and ID and it didnt help...
    can someone help me

I have the same problem any solutions ?

Leave the onetime password blank.

When I made my account, it's funny, I chose PANDABEAR as my ID, but than the confirmation email gave me PANDABEAR4.

I think that if the squareenix user id is taken, it'll be you a random # from 1-9 or 1-99 afterwards.

edit: pandabear is an example, not my real ID.

The email with your account ID has this subject:
    [Square Enix Account] Account Registration Completed

from the following email: autoinfo_us@account.square-enix.com

Same psn on ps3 and ps4

I bought a ps4 and i use the same psn that i used to play FFXIV on my ps3. My kids want to continue playing FFXIV on the ps3 but it keeps logging me out on my ps4 is there a way to switch the psn names for the account or am i sol.

Once FFXIV is set to a PSN account, it's stuck that way. At least as far as I know. You might try calling customer service.
    You're best bet is prolly to just create a new PSN to use for when you're kids are playing FFXIV, supposing you're not trying to gain trophies or something. I know it's not a good way to go about it, but as far as I know it's the only way.

Page 45 of 50 First First ... 35414243444546474849 ... Last